Click Here!

Is there such a thing as AdultFanArt.net?

Tigro Spottystripes

Google image search can only go so far, do you know of a site that works quite similar to AFF.net but is focused on graphics instead of text, fanart instead of fandfiction?

ps: if the AFF admins, coders etc are feeling ambicious, may i suggest talking with the SoFurry ( http://SoFurry.com ) people to see if they are willing to share the system they are developing (perhaps offer to contribute to the development too) to replace the AFF system so you can have text, graphcs and more?

There's a large number of free adult fanart sites. Listing any them will probably get this page moved to the site promotion room, but off the top of my head:

wwoec.com (specifically, the guest artists area of the linked forum wwoecforum.com for most users - is also geared towards cartoons, but other stuff accepted).

hentai-foundry.com (fan art, original art, quality standards apply meaning this one has a high standard of artists producing stuff.)

rule34.paheal.net (as well as individual artists posting their work, lots of other fan art gets uploaded too, no quality standards only requirement is that it must be fan work, not original characters.)

...the list is endless. Really endless. Google image search is all very well, but you can occasionally find what you need by going to the regular search and typing something like "Where all the free fan art jpegs at?" ...or possibly more keyword based, and asides from the permenant galleries like those above and others you've got image sharing chan boards such as fchan (furries) or gurochan (uh, no furries there. at all. sadly.) and so on. and on.

I personally would fucking hate to see AFF start being an art plus stories site. The stories always take second place and are seen by visually-oriented fappers as worth less than the most anatomically distorted scrawl. "You spent hours on it? Fuck you, that stick figure with titties is better!" Plus, in costs terms, a picture takes more bandwidth to download than most stories.

Separating text from graphics by having a whole other domain name woud probably help with the competition issue.

My main complain about paheal is it's all scrambled together and poorly tagged, not all that easy to find stuff somtimes, that and how lots of the art there is kinda low quality; I'll look into those other sites you mentioned though, thanx.

Regarding just plain googling, lots of paid sites polute the search results when trying to find free stuff, i'll give it a go again some other time, but i don't have high hopes.

When you figure with text ALONE the amount of bandwidth this site consumes every day, I don't see us ever adding a graphics module of any kind. Besides which, this is a writing site, not a graphic arts site.

This is a fanart site focused on the art of story writting, adding a graphical aspect wouldn't be such a big jump. But i understand it doesn't earn enough money right now to afford such expansions.

The other aspect that DG didn't mention is the legal aspect. Writing fan fiction is always a very tricky legal argument, but manage to get away with it because normally the work is copyrighted but the actual images are trademarked, not the character traits. So we generally try to stay away from the art side of things as much as possible to avoid possible trademark issues as well as the fuzzy copyright issues out there.

The history behind the site comes from fan fiction and will always stay oriented towards fiction as there are plenty of other sites out there that to the image hosting very well! Thanks for the suggestion thought!

I gotta disagree with you there. This is not a fanart site. This is a fanFICTION site. There is a huge difference. Yes, yes there is a big jump there, from text to graphics. We host words, not pictures. Plus, consider that the database which drives the archive, which is TEXT is 7.8GB.

Totally agree with Apollo though. There are many sites who SPECIALIZE in image hosting and whatnot.

try PaperDemon.com They have a great site and don't censor like DA does. The adult stuff can be found in their Red Curtain area

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.