Click Here!

Want To Be A Moderator?

Guest DarkAvenger

Guest DarkAvenger

Do you want to be a forum moderator? If you do, post answers to the following questions here!

Why you want to

What you're willing to do as a moderator

Why you think you're qualified

What forums you'd want to moderate

Why you think we should "hire" you on

Do you want to be a forum moderator? If you do, post answers to the following questions here!

Why you want to

What you're willing to do as a moderator

Why you think you're qualified

What forums you'd want to moderate

Why you think we should "hire" you on

I'll do it! LOL No, but seriously, I'm interested.

I spend quite a bit of time on the board as I'm a stay at home mom and all that jazz. tongue.gif So, whenever my tot's taking a nap, I have a chance to hop on here and check it out. I'm usually on at least twice a day and several times during the evening. (I usually sleep late tongue.gif )

As far as what I'm willing to do as Mod, well, I wouldn't mind taking up the Originals Board. It's usually one of the first boards I check whenever I log on. Most of my stories are originals after all. smile.gif

As far as to why I may qualify, well, I have my own RP forum, I help moderate on another. I have the experience and I'm pretty good at following rules. smile.gif

Okay, guess the last question is to basically sell meself so here it is:

I'm fair and I'm honest. I can say it won't be a whole powertrip thing for me because frankly being fair is a far more satisfying than playing "Dugeon Master" over anyone. LOL I've been a good member, and we all know the whole "Before you lead you have to learn to follow..." and I think I've done that well. smile.gif

Well, that's it, nothing more to say. smile.gif 'Cept maybe a heartfelt..."PLEASE, OH PLEASE PLEASE.." J/k ladies and gents.... bounce.gif <<< *has obviously had too many fruit smoothies today*

• 5 months later...

Could you please explain the duties of a moderator? I don't want to volunteer for anything I won't have the time or energy to do correctly. Thanks

Guest Adara

Sorry for the delay in the anwer, but funny enough I really had to think about how to answer this! LOL

I suppose I'll give a rather abbreviated version of what a moderator does, I'll use this board as an example!

My job as a moderator for this board is to not only look through it to see if everyone posting within it is following this particular forum's rules, but those of the AFF Forum itself.

I look through all the recent posts, (if there are any of course) and see if everyone is being respectful to one another, even if they're expressing opposite opinions.

Should any problems arise, I basically contact my fellow Mods and talk about the issue and then deem whether or not said member should be reprimanded for their behavior.

I'm also to check the board a few times a week to make sure that I catch any trouble before it gets to out of hand. So, although a major amount of time isn't needed to upkeep the board, it is necessary to check at least three to four times a week. (Depending upon the traffic on the board)

With that said, I'd also like to state that we do have all positions filled in at the moment, but, whenever the Administration deems there's a need for someone else, they'll consider who's posted an interest here.

Thanks for the question Sin Acies!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. smile.gif

Thanks so much for the info! Is there anything like a trial period, where I could Mod for one specific topic, just to see if I'm actually any good at it? If a position becomes available, I'll consider it. I'm just not entirely sure I'm up to it.

• 6 months later...
nah, you can do whatever ya want (within reason) Knorg....just understand I don't take open apps seriously. That's all that was about. wink.gif

What about an open rejection of the hypothetical opportunity? 'cos that's all I got!

blink.gif

If we told you how we find one, everyone will be acting the same way and we won't know, so it is for the mods to know what we're looking for in a moderator.

But don't worry, if you really want to be one, hang around the board, be helpful and we might be in touch.

Beth

If we told you how we find one, everyone will be acting the same way and we won't know, so it is for the mods to know what we're looking for in a moderator.

But don't worry, if you really want to be one, hang around the board, be helpful and we might be in touch.

Beth

It's like the Mob...they have an induction ceremony and everything. Ya gotta get yer points and earn yer vig...Capisce? Now no bitcha to me!

Er, ah...Um blush.gif

Nevermind...I was thinkin' of something else. whistle.gif

:::snerk:::

Why you want to--To rule with an iron fist angry.gif

What you're willing to do as a moderator--Read FF and sit on my lazy ass laugh.gif

Why you think you're qualified--Because all your base are belong to us

What forums you'd want to moderate--None of your business

Why you think we should "hire" you on--You shouldn't but you WILL Ò_Ó

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.