Click Here!

...oh The Irony...

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

A while back a posted a picture pertaining to condom usage on deviantART. Recently I had two people with very similar opinions pertaining to this poster comment it. HOWEVER, they both responded in VERY differant ways.

Here's the image.

You'll see the most recent commenter seemed rather angry, while the person before him was a was calm and doing nothing but stating her opinion in a very open way and it led to a discussion on the subject of sexual morality.

The last dude was just an ASSHOLE though.

Here's what he had to say:

not that i am a prude by any means, however sex is holy, and not in the god sense but in that it shouldnt be mocked by your arrogant ploy to increse the sexual activity of your audiance. Condoms are effective to a degree, but at what cost is it worth to fu*k some slut you barley know. i appreciate that you are telling people to use condoms, however, the way that you present it is rather crude.

My response:

I fail to understand how this would increase the sexual activity of ANYONE in any shap and/or form. It is what it is: A poster to promote safe habits while partaking in a sexual relationship.

I'd like to know where you got that idea in the first place, or how pushing the use of condoms is arrogant. Is there something I'm missing here?

Furthermore, you seem to be insinuating that I myself sleep around. Truth be told, I've only had sex with one person in my entire life, and plan to only have sex with that person for the rest of my life.

You say the way I present this particular subject is crude? I suppose it is. It's blunt and to the point. I didn't dress it up, though I did make an attempt at humor, which may be considered crude by some. I suppose then that all those things that add finese I fail at. However, it did what it was meant to do: Inform people and get a message out.

Look, you're entitled to your opinions and beliefes, and so is everyone. However, when you present your opinions in such a way where you are seemingly attacking the beliefes of others, you are in the wrong. Just recently I was in a debate with someone over this very piece and she had many of the same opinions as you did. However, she didn't attack my opinions and was willing to have a discussion with mme over this issue of sexual morality and the effectivness of condoms. It was civil and calm, not this flame you threw at me. And yes, that is what you did, you flamed my piece. You came with the intent to insult me without any grounds but "This is what I believe!" and with the air that, for your own personal reasons, I should believe them as well.

When it comes to morals, it is a matter of opinion relative to that particular person who has thems, whether they are political, social or religious morals, they do not necessarily pertain to everyone.

Now, the funny thing is that I had JUST replied to a comment from the previous girl about people being asshols when it comes to their opinions when I noticed this message. It's like some divine force decided to push my point on the matter. Very odd, but I thank said force greatly for being on my side. cool.gif

Seriously... It's one thing when you're in a committed relationship whit someone and have been for over a year (less depending how long you knew the person prior to dating) and know you can trust them. However, if you JUST started dating the girl, just because she's on the pill doesn't mean she's not carrying nasty little surprises.

Man, that's your LIFE we're talking about here, people. A night in heaven is NOT worth that.

My bf and I have been together for quite a few years now and we still use condoms even though he's kinda sterile. There's an off chance that he could get me preggers, but it's that off chance that bothers me. I don't take the pill cos I'm forgetful and I smoke.

But yeah, I'm very into protecting yourself. I used to carry a pouch of condoms with me and would happily give them up to anyone who needed them. When I found out a couple friends were having unprotected sex, I promptly yelled at them ("wtf? You know about my condom pouch! why didn't you ask me!?") and tossed them a bunch of condoms. laugh.gif