Click Here!

Final Fantasy 7

Squallfan

Do you think Final Fantasy 7 is worthy of being updated with a remake?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think Final Fantasy 7 is worthy of being updated with a remake?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Helluin

Personally I think the FFVII cash cow has already been milked for all it's worth, and either VIII or X have enough dangling loose ends, complex backstory, and well-developed world that one could do a lot more with them.

Except X-2 kinda screwed up some possibilities. But still.

It would be nice, but still...I have my misgivings. If it's just a graphic/game design overhaul, I guess I'm cool with it, but I dunno...Square has this obsession with changing up their combat/magic/levelling system for every game. What's to stop them from giving FF7 a complete overhaul? I dunno, maybe if it were like XII's combat it would be cool, though fighting Reno would possibly become quite the hair-pulling experience (stand still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Guest Big Samurai

Sorry, had to hit the 'no' button on this one. I cannot see FFVII being remade without it being screwed up ... or overly prettified. Doesn't mean they won't try, though. Too much money in it.

Guest Racewing
seeing a modern graphics engine on Tifa and Yuffie...

Kingdom Hearts 2, buddy. And if you can stand to play it for more than 10 seconds, Dirge of Cerberus.

When'd you get here, anyways? :)

I wouldn't mind an FF7 do-over, just so I can answer the question: is the reason the game hasn't aged so well because of the graphics, or because of the gameplay? But that's a whole other can of worms altogether.

I vote no. The longer its been since I played FFVII the more I like it. The game had way too much empty space in it, the pace was too slow and sidequests to small. I love the game, the plot and characters were excellent and the fact that Aeris dies and STAYS DEAD was something I hadn't seen before in an RPG.

Guest Serenanna

I say yes, even if there's not a chance of it happening in any way shape or form in all the nine hells at the moment.

Why not?

Because the clip they released of the redid opening was just a mouthwatering piece of test demo for the PS3 that was just so . . . pretty! v.v ::sniffles::

Why I say yes?

Because it makes sense, really, and in the scheme of things, they're doing it already but with the really old titles and on the portable systems. Example, the redone version of III comes out next week on the DS. All they'd have to do to make FFVII as good as we all remember is:

1. Replace the FMV's and cut scenes with new one on par with FFXII.

2. Reuse FFXII's concepts for combat with the pacing, gambits, and non-use of random encounters till it starts looking like Advent Children's combat.

3. Keep the materia system(!!!), and equipment we all know and love.

4. Keep the same designs, score (maybe real orchestral now), and plot (but more fleshed out and coherent, or just a better translation?).

5. Voices optional, please? Or find better people than some of the Advent actors? Aerith's voice made me cringe in AC and Kingdom Hearts 2. At least FFXII's actors weren't big names and knew how to act.

6. Change it back to Aerith!

If they did all this, I would be happy as a clam.

Sere

PS. Race, Hiei won't play Kingdom Hearts 2, or Kingdom Hearts anything. He and Oishii have an allergic reaction to anything Disney, I swear. :\

Gonna have to be a "no" for me. I admit Advent Children had its moments- certainly very nice to watch ad the though of playing games in those kind of graphics in a few years time is more than just exciting but I wouldn't want to see a remake of FF7 at this time - the way Square's games have been going lately doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'm pretty sure it will happen soon enough due to the current trend though, but I don't want another disappointment ala Wild ARMS:ACF.

In a remake I'd want improved graphics, a FLAWLESS translation (its like a second chance) and the original story/concepts to be "built upon" - not completely redone, and this still has to be done without completely screwing everything up - which is difficult to do.

I'd also only be happy to see it at the end of a next gen consoles lifespan - when the developers have got to grips with the new technology.

Guest Pink Lace

Yes. I hope thye will shorten it though and tighten up the story a bit here and there.

I prefer Aeris but I realize they have to be consistent - if Earisu is Aeris then Sefirosu has to be Sephiros. I'd rather go with the lesser evil of Aerith - Sephiroth rather than Aeris - Sephiros, which is dumb.

• 1 month later...

Personally - I would buy it only because I'm a Final Fantasy Freak (So yes - I voted yes). Oh yeah! And because I love the game (one word - Vincent). Personally though, I want a FF VIII update ... movie, game - something, but I would prefer it to be a game. There's just something about Squall - FF VIII is the only game that takes more than 10 hours to complete that I've gone back to over and over again (and finished it) over the years (Incidentally, I was one of those lost souls that actually stood in line for the game and the walk through).

Personally - I would buy it only because I'm a Final Fantasy Freak (So yes - I voted yes).  Oh yeah!  And because I love the game (one word - Vincent).  Personally though, I want a FF VIII update ... movie, game - something, but I would prefer it to be a game.  There's just something about Squall - FF VIII is the only game that takes more than 10 hours to complete that I've gone back to over and over again (and finished it) over the years (Incidentally, I was one of those lost souls that actually stood in line for the game and the walk through).

Yep, FF8 is my absolute favorite as well. Gotta love Squall. yes.gif I am hoping for a movie, like they did for FF7, but I won't hold my breath. A remake for it would be great as well. Always wondered what Squall's voice would sound like. rolleyes.gif

Personally, I liked the game and I wouldn't mind playing a better version of it. smile.gif

It was the first Final Fantasy I played and hooked me to the series. So, I suppose my liking of it has to do with my sentimental attachment to it. Not to mention my hormonal attachment to Reno and Vincent. tongue.gif

Guest Big Samurai
If any Final Fantasy be redone, let it be the one with Terra, Edgar, Locke, Celes, Shadow, Gau, Sabin, & Setzer

See, SJ, I'd vote against that, personally, mostly because all the people who made FF6 what it was have long since left the company. That was Sakaguchi's baby, and, in an ideal world, Nomura and his stooges would never get their bishounen-ifying hands on it. Square Enix can remake all the 3-D Final Fantasy games 'til Wada is blue in the face, for all I care, but ... the SNES trilogy should remain sacred. I don't mind that they're bringing FF6 to GBA in February, since that localization team has proven that it can be trusted with the material, but I don't see any need for a full-blown PS3 remake.

Guest kirameki

I hit yes, just because I'd like to see it. Of course it would be a great chance to not only overhaul the graphics but include some back story and fill in some plot holes that could make the compilation stuff make more sense and fit together better. tongue.gif

Plus, there's always the CG Cloud in a dress. I'd love to see that. laugh.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.