Click Here!

A Review I Absolutely Loved.

Squallfan

Sephiroth 2006-11-02 id # 3000014621

9(laying on couch talking to a shrink)

I was just climbing the Shinra Tower to kill the President when I saw something so terrible I cannot even recall, a simple assassination turned into a slaughter of everybody that came near me. I didn't mean to kill all those other people, I swear.

Seriously, sick yet intriguing.

Got this for my ScarletXCloud rape fic. Thought it was funny and wanted to share. I found it to be a compliment, cause it is indeed sick.

devil.gif

• 8 months later...
Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Save for a few lone threads, we spend so much time ranting about shitty reviews. How about citing what your favorite reviews are? What made them great? Is there a formula you like, or is it something specific in the review you like?

I gotta say, when I first started writing on FF.Net, and before I knew that labeling my stories could save me from flames, I would get reviews telling me I converted people to Slash, which made my head esplode. Several times over.

Those will always be my favorites from fan fiction!

A close second would be a couple of reviews that told me I got them into reading a particular fandom again. YAY!<3

Of course, my over all favorite review ever I currently don't have access to. It was on my "AFF and the Law" rant. I had TWO people review and tell me they were leaving the site because they were underaged. It. Was. AWESOME! Never before had I felt so... powerful devil.gif

My absolute favorite review is from StoryJunkie, the first on From the Looking Glass, it was so random and entertaining and completely unhelpful yet glowing that I loved it.

My second favorite review really came in two parts, the first was telling me what I had done wrong and why the second congratulating me on how much I had improved when I had fixed it. Of course the reviewer's spelling is atrocious and they're hard to read again, but meh...

Lots of other good reviews too, especially on my first Naruto fic (a one shot Chouji Sakura) mostly because no one expected or really wanted the pairing but liked the story nonetheless.

One of the reviews that I absolutely adore are the ones that tell me something along the lines: "I don't usually read incest but your story 'converted' me". I always grin like an idiot when I receive one of those ^__^

And also ... I have never thought it's even possible to treat a totally fictional character like a living person. I received really a lot of reviews in which people express their compassion and sympathy towards the characters in my story. Those reviews make me glow almost.

As to a single most favorite review ... uhh, hard to say, really ... but I can say which one I remember the best, it was by Yblue, in which she actually included a short scene with the characters. It went like this:

“Step away from my brother you bad boy red haired super hot jock! Leave him alone or I...” “No, please, you misunderstood. I like your bro, he’s so cute… I would never hurt him” “I said step away!! He’s mine, I saw him first! Come with me Uri.” “Wha??? But… he’s your brother!!! That’s sick! Uri honey, is this true?”

I love this review, really do!