Click Here!

Guest GoldenFeathers

Avatars can be no more than 15k in size, and we prefer no bigger than 50x50 pixels in dimensions. If the file you're adding is bigger than 50k, it will not be added.

Aside from that, as I routinely go through and delete files with filenames (not the extension of .jpg or whatever, but the name preceding the extension) that are over 14 characters in length. So, be sure that you name the file something that is 14 characters or less.

File naming conventions do not allow for spaces with the avatar upload. If your file has spaces in the name, it won't upload.

I'm also having the same problems. I can't seen to get a pic to upload. I hope it's ok to post about it here instead of making a new post about it.

I've been trying to add this picture. I had another but i think the file is to large. Oh I shorten the name to just Blacktailmon on my pc before trying and it still didn't seem to help. I think it's a small enough file.

This is a link to the file I'm trying to upload.

http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/chocobo_white_mage2-QBUH1.jpg

The only specification was that it be under 15 KB, which it is. When that didn't work, I assumed size or name length was the problem, and shrank it to this:

http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/2222-nbNjq.jpg

Which still didn't work.

There is no error message. My avatar appears to go through (as in, the page loads), but there's never an existing file afterward.

For the record, I'm trying to use the main site avatars. Should have mentioned that in the beginning, I guess.

Edited by GoldenFeathers

The avatar name was originally over 14 characters long, just for the file name. I very likely DELETED it. I routinely delete avatars which exceed the file name req at least every few days.

I made some adjustments to the original image, reduced it slightly so it was less than 15K in size, and it is renamed choc_white_mage2.jpg. Already uploaded it, so have a look and see if you can find it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.