Click Here!

Originals won't show

shadelostwolf

Every now and then when I go to the Original section I get cannot display webpage. This is for the whole section. I can go to any other sections but not there. It started for me after that one time when everything was down and had to be reseted but then it was only like once in a blue moon. I just thought it was my internet connection at the time. Now it's getting worse and I'm using a different internet connection. Is it just my computer or my internet? :unsure: Right now I'm getting that cannot display page.

It could be that there was an unexpected spike in traffic. When this occurs, have you tried to navigate to other parts of the archive to see if you get the same error?

The other likely possibility, depending upon time, is that I'm running a database utility and it's running through those tables at that particular moment.

How long does this last when it happens?

I can't reach any part of the origianls but i can go to anime, games, and all the others. I can't even post or update my own stories. So long as the url bar has original I can't get there.

It has lasted for up to most of a day for me and an hour at the lowest if I'm lucky.

Edited by shadelostwolf

I checked yesterday following your email, and had people checking for me while I was at work. None of us were able to duplicate the problem.

How do you connect to the internet? Slow connection maybe?

The only other thing that makes sense is some sort of browser issue. But, without knowing what browser you're using, I couldn't even begin to make a good guess.

It's unblocked. That was the first thing I checked when it started acting up.

Edit: I just tried it on my dads laptop and it worked.

Edited by shadelostwolf

okay um i'll send one of my page in the Originals... I know that's still working because i was able to get to it this morning... Actually now that i think about it, it really didn't start messing up till after i made a shortcut to my page on my desktop... i hope its not because of that. It was working at 10:57 after i posted the last screenshot.

screenshot

Edited by shadelostwolf

What we're saying to do, is where you copied the page to your virtual desktop, to delete it. By copying the page, what your machine does is make it so it paths to your c: drive, and THEN the web url. When it does that, browsers are looking for the physical data on your machine, rather than following the link.

If you bookmark a link in your browser, that's entirely another thing, as what it does then is store the address in the browser so that you click the link and go to it.

What I'm thinking happened, is that rather than save the SHORTCUT, you saved the PAGE. Had you saved the shortcut to your virtual desktop, it would work.

so how do i know if i saved the page to my desktop instead of the shortcut? And how do i get rid of it? I deleted the the icon for the shortcut... so is it gone?

Yes, it's gone.

The problem with saving the page from here, is that it's not an html page. It's a dynamic page generated by php. So when your computer goes to follow the link and execute the shortcut, it doesn't actually exist. This is why when you want to bookmark something, it's best to bookmark it in your browser itself.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.