Click Here!

Anyone Else Get Creepy Reviews?

Guest Pink Lace

Guest Pink Lace
AnonĀ  2006-09-13 id # 3000013533

While I loved this story a whole lot, it really hit a mark. I was raped last week, and this is exactly what happened to me, for the most part. Excellent. You really do it right, and made me feel for Aeris.

Good ol' Anon left me this review which I personally think is a bit creepy. Do you think there's actually any truth to this review? I shouldn't complain since I am, after all, the writer who posted a hardcore rape fic but still I wasn't expecting that type of feedback. I only posted a fantasy concerning game (not real) people. I really wasn't aiming for verisimilitude.

Sounds like a sick joke to me. I can't imagined being raped, then within a week being online reading a rape story. I think someone is messin with ya. At least that's what it seems like to me. If that really did happen to them though, I can only wonder why they would be reading a story about rape. I know I wouldn't if that happened to me.

I'd say it was an attempt to get attention. She certainly did do that. I am in agreement that people who are usually violated in such a way, don't exactly talk about it so, carelessly, ever.

There's no use trying to analyze someone with so little data.

It does seem attention-grabbing, but maybe it wasn't a "beat the shit out of you until you're senseless" kind of rape, and besides, people react differently, which is why the world is such a FUN place. She may have been acosted to some extent, and kept it to herself, which is way more likely. You are probably the first person she's told. I wouldn't worry about it after all, theres' nothing you can do.

Guest lightgoddess

Hmmm...I've never gotten a review quite that weird, but I have gotten death threats. laugh.gif And, storyjunkie could be right in that this particular reviewer is reacting to something horrible that happened to her and feels safe admitting it on the internet.

no one who has been raped, certainly not as recently as last week would ever leave such a casual review on the subject. I wouldn't worry, its just a sick joke. Anon's always add a sick twist or a harsh edge to their reviews because they know they can.

That is quite the creepy review. Maybe it was sarcasm or just badly worded?

Back when I posted extensively on ff.net, one of my projects was a Sess/Kagura one-shot series and this one guy got real into it. He would leave all these real excitable reviews and e-mail me asking about updates and while it was cool at first, it started creeping me out after awhile.

Just FYI...it's not at all unknown for rape victims to both read and write non-consent scenes. Seriously, eroticizing a bad experience is apparently very theraputic for some people. Reason being: on the page it's not real and not dangerous. Writing erotica is completely controllable, and a rape can be re-shaped in the imagination into something subtly or greatly different from the actual attack the person underwent. One of the most terrifying aspects of rape is loss of control, so taking back a sense of control in any way possible is important for healing.

I've got no idea at all what this reviewer was on about, BTW--just wanted to clear up that particular point, since it's been an important interest of mine for some time now.

MM

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Just FYI...it's not at all unknown for rape victims to both read and write non-consent scenes. Seriously, eroticizing a bad experience is apparently very theraputic for some people. Reason being: on the page it's not real and not dangerous. Writing erotica is completely controllable, and a rape can be re-shaped in the imagination into something subtly or greatly different from the actual attack the person underwent. One of the most terrifying aspects of rape is loss of control, so taking back a sense of control in any way possible is important for healing.

I've got no idea at all what this reviewer was on about, BTW--just wanted to clear up that particular point, since it's been an important interest of mine for some time now.

MM

I have a friend who JOKES about the time she was raped. It's how she deals with it. In fact, it's how she deals with a lot of the really fucked up shit that happens to her, so I can understand that.

However, it took her years before she could do that, not days. Days is a little odd. However, this person may just be wierd. I know people who have had experiences that could rival a Vietnam Vet's and yet take it all instride as if it were an everyday thing. She can be much the same way. :: shrugs :: who knows?

No creepy reviews here. For that I am thankful. I've seen other fics with reviews such as "Thanks to this fic, I've managed to seduce my brother and now we're having great sex." or "I really wanna rape my sister" or something equally creepy. Personally, the second type bothers me more because at least it's consensual in the first review.

There are some people who make jokes about things that bother them as a coping mechanism. However, I'd expect it to take a while for the mechanism to kick in when it comes to rape. At the fastest, I'd say 2-3 months, but never just a few days.

Just go "Uh-huh, sure, that's nice dear.". Don't take it seriously. I wouldn't.

Another possibility: this reviewer doesn't get the difference between rape and extreme BDSM. But I doubt that.

Well as a side note. Often people suffering from anti-social personallity disorder (A.K.A. sociopathic/psychopathic) are usually quite indifferent to things that would normally cause a regular human being to break down from pure horror. Not that I'm labeling anyone, but I usually try to watch people who are entirely indifferent to suffering a little more carefuly. They're usually just very strong people (who I'll admire) or people that just don't care (who creep Me out).

Guest ShinigamiShimai

MM

I tend to be like that. Took me years to actually write about those events and such. It really is theraputic in ways and can make me nerve rattled at the same time.

As for weird reviews. I've got a few but mostly people email me about how suicidal they are or how they want one of my characters to die or something along those lines. I've got alot of people asking for me help because they were raped but I'm guessing that is becasue one of my stories makes them feel they can talk to me *shrugs* other seemed to be seeking attention. One can never really tell if it is true or another attention seeker.

jaa ne

Kat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarkVampWriter

uh? Well they assume I am gothic or a vamp or both. I set the record straight when I posted my rant about why I liked vampires. I mentioned that I am not any of those stereo-types I am just a normal girl!

It's not a matter of pretending to be a vampire. It's actually a legitimate subculture with it's own religion and morals now. Not just Goths are into it either.

Does anyone else burst out laughing after reading that?

tongue.gif Alright fine. So I got a little bit uber-serious on that one. Still, don't be so narrow-minded.

I'm gonna shut up now before I dreail this thread any more.

*psst* And in a round-about manner DarkVampWriter just proved my point.

Guest lightgoddess
It's not a matter of pretending to be a vampire. It's actually a legitimate subculture with it's own religion and morals now. Not just Goths are into it either.

Does anyone else burst out laughing after reading that?

Not until you asked.

Guest Enchanted Faery

W-O-W...That's CREEPY!