Click Here!

Need Beta for YuYuHakusho Slash fic!

Tamda

Beta needed!

:spank:

Arse kicker for if I get distracted a plus.

Okay, folks, I tend to be wordy, I tend to get off on descriptive tangents. I tend to write run on sentences and will definitely goof up tenses at some point.

If you have a firm understanding of English and want an author that will listen to all beta input, I want you!

For my current fic I would appreciate a beta that has seen or read Yu Yu Hakusho past the Ma-Zoku transformation at the end of Season 3.

A beta who has seen all 4 seasons would be a plus, but I'll take what I can get.

I want a beta willing and able to go above and beyond simple grammar and American English corrections to giving me pre-post feedback like; "This section here "Blah blah blah .... blah blah blah blah." wasn't clear." or "Try toning back the senses a bit here, it's dragging down the scene."

My fic, Fortunate Son, will be a LONG yaoi fic with lots of power plays, sex, sexuality and emotions. It will have threesomes, and explore fantasy scenarios of heavy D/s, abuse and even a planned NC dream scene as Yusuke fights himself over what he really wants. Fights with himself over wanting to give up a bit of control, a bit of his valued image, for what a part of him feels he needs.

It will have bi-sexuality and even some het scenes, even reverse role het scenes in dreams. It will be mostly first person in life, and third person in dreams.

I have planned side stories with Hiei and Kurama as my main characters, but they won't be integrated into the main story, and will remain side stories.

My goal is to have a chapter or side story every 2 weeks. I am, in fact writing everything I have sketched out for the first 4 chapters now, and plan to keep working on everything as I post, so eventually I am 10 or so chapters ahead and able to sit polishing each chapter a few weeks in advance. (this means anywhere from 1-5k words a chapter/side story, every week or so)

A beta with a week or so turn around time would be awesome! But if you're a bit slower sometimes it won't be the end of the world. :thumbsup:

In a way, this is my 10th fic, and my first, I haven't written fic in over 5 years, but I did a bit of RP about 2 years ago. As such I expect to burn a bit light at some point and need prodding or whipping to get back into shape.

• 3 weeks later...

I can beta starting in about a month. Have seen all four seasons, can borrow them from my boyfriend's sister (who is also a friend of mine and my best friend's fiancee) at need, and own the final season, too.

I am very quick at editing, willing to give constructive criticism, share advice that I've been given, etc. And I've always been a teacher's favorite because I'm creative, good at anything to do with writing, and have a very humorous but mostly even temperament. Lol. Although my mind can get rather twisted. But if you're still looking for a beta--as I said, I'll be available starting in about a month, should be able to get your works back to you in a few days to a week, depending on their length. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to be your beta, I am quite practiced at giving constructive criticism and hashing out problems authors are having with the flow of their work. I help in my writing lab at college and was my English professors TA last semester, although you wouldn't know it from my own work... I am a speed reader and it shouldn't take more than a few days to get through a chapter and comment on it, although I am taking classes this summer so that may slow down my time between receiving the chapter and the return of it. If I feel the chapter needs changing I will do so in another color type in brackets with a note in the margins. If you would be interested in giving it a try just reply here or e-mail me.

Hoping to here from you

CBT

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.