Click Here!

Harry/Fleur/Tonks

PGadoury

I don't know about every one else but, I thought Harry should have been paired with someone more mature than Ginny. Hermione was probably the most compatable for a girl his own age. I think Tonks would have been the best choice seeing as she was one of Harry's closer mature friends. Also Tonks was paired with Remus and he was almost as immature as Ron when it came to relationships. Fleur would also have made a better choice.

• 3 months later...

Okay, but Harry also longed for a childhood. He never had one. So, Harry would not have necessarily wanted someone more mature than Ginny. Plus, she was familiar, and his only way to marry into the Weasley family. Family being something he longed for, he would have wanted that.

I don't know about Fleur... as most French do to outsiders, she appears somewhat pretentious. Tonks was estranged from half her family, and her father deceased- she was looking for a father figure - and had that in Remus, no matter how mature he would have been in relationships.

I agree that it is not the best pairing, though I understand Rowling's reasoning and the characters' positioning on the path to that relationship.

I also do not like the Ron/Hermione pairing. For the same reason as you noted above: Ron was immature - and not just in relationships. Ron, as Hermione stated, had the emotional capacity of a teaspoon, was Quidditch-mad, and had absolutely no concept of what could or would make her ultimately satisfied. But, Rowling chose to continue to move them bumbling along that little path to matrimony - and to a lot of fic authors, divorce. There's a little fic over on Granger Enchanted that has Harry and Ginny together, Hermione pining after Harry and her 'lovely friend' Ginny giving her a soulmate potion - which results, ultimately, in Ginny and Harry splitting and Harry and Hermione ending up together.

I have to admit, though, that I'm not overly fond of the Harry/Hermione romantic relationship. She's his bossy older sister, if anything, and I rarely read this relationship done well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.