Click Here!

Stop getting your poopie in stir, and leave the moderators alone!

Calanthee

Most authors here are amateurs... though some are very good and some even come close to almost writing literature at times, but that's no excuse to go after our hard working Moderators, who do it for free...they don't deserve blood thirsty criticism for whatever silly things happen, because what we write isn't that important ground breaking literature that needs to be bowed down with holy reverence... its fan stuff we do for fun. And fun is fine... we write because we enjoy it, and we need to do it, and it gives us pleasure, and if some readers enjoy what we write too! That's even better, we should be grateful and thank the readers for their comments.

What would you do if the Moderators suddenly decide to shut the site down, because they were getting too much criticism for busting their balls, personally, I'd be devastated , I am not of the blogger mentality and would miss all freedom this sites gives us, certainly there isn't many sites out there like this one... is there???

So have mercy, leave the Moderators alone...and keep writing joyfully till your little pinkies fall off!

Sincerely, Gslinger

Most authors here are amateurs... though some are very good and some even come close to almost writing literature at times, but that's no excuse to go after our hard working Moderators, who do it for free...they don't deserve blood thirsty criticism for whatever silly things happen, because what we write isn't that important ground breaking literature that needs to be bowed down with holy reverence... its fan stuff we do for fun. And fun is fine... we write because we enjoy it, and we need to do it, and it gives us pleasure, and if some readers enjoy what we write too! That's even better, we should be grateful and thank the readers for their comments.

What would you do if the Moderators suddenly decide to shut the site down, because they were getting too much criticism for busting their balls, personally, I'd be devastated , I am not of the blogger mentality and would miss all freedom this sites gives us, certainly there isn't many sites out there like this one... is there???

So have mercy, leave the Moderators alone...and keep writing joyfully till your little pinkies fall off!

Sincerely, Gslinger

I just wanted to take a moment to say something...

Thank you Gslinger.

I know I appreciate your kind words and I bet the others mods and admins do too. I agree fully with what you're saying. We all want this website to be fun and a way for adults to express their creativity, but dealing with the same old childish issues take away from that fun.

We want everyone to be able to post new stories, reply to them and simply enjoy the website. The rules aren't that excessive as some other sites are when it comes to content. I just want people to respectful and have fun here.

Thank you!

This isn't the easiest job in the word and we don't even get paid for it so it's very nice to hear someone like you say something like that!

• 4 weeks later...

As an S-Mod in another forum, I can attest how difficult of a job it can be when you are in a site that is rather large and has a lot of members. To the Admins and Mods of the AFF community, I thank you for the good job that you do. To those who seem to think it's their duty to either harrass ot badmouth those who run this site for us, please go somewhere else. Those of us who just want a good place to go to read a good story or maybe post something that we have written would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Animedevildog

• 2 months later...

Sincerely, Gslinger

I have one word to add to this "DITTO" or two words "ME TOO"

The Admins and Mods have a thankless unpaid job, so yeah saying thanks...definitely of the good. Personally I get a good giggle out of what they write in the forums sometimes. (some of the questions,queries etc are soooo pedantic) :)

Sincerely, Gslinger

Sincerely, Gslinger

I will admit to not being completely sure what the first part of your first sentence has to do with the last part of it, maybe some situation I'm not aware of, but I'm of two minds on your post in general. Personally, I agree that appreciation does need to be shown for the work that they do voluntarily. BUT I'm also of a mind that being moderators is what they volunteered to do. That includes taking care of issues people might have and dealing with complaints. While people shouldn't complain about arbitrary nonsense, people with legitimate complaints and issues shouldn't be attacked because they are asking that these be addressed. Life isn't all about just smiling and nodding.

But I do want to add a thank you to the mods on here, especially ones I've had personal dealings with (I'll add a shout out to Ezriee here). I've had some bad experiences with Aff.net mods in that past (who are no longer here), being extremely unprofessional and letting the power of the position go to their heads, so it's nice to see a good group of moderators in place.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

*gets on knees and bows*

Thank you, Gods, for all the hard work and wisdom you have graced us with.

*bows*

Your diligence and contributions do not go unnoticed.

*pulls out a knife and goes after the goat*

Come back!

*huff huff*

No blood sacrifice today, but tomorrow definitely.

LOL! Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.