Click Here!

Bush Decides He's Above Some Laws

quamp

Link here

WASHINGTON -- President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

Well Mr. President, I've decided that anti-stealing laws conflict with the constitution. So if I use your reasoning, I can go out and steal. rolleyes.gif

Many legal scholars say they believe that Bush's theory about his own powers goes too far and that he is seizing for himself some of the law-making role of Congress and the Constitution-interpreting role of the courts.
Many of the laws Bush said he can bypass -- including the torture ban -- involve the military.

Of course.

On at least four occasions while Bush has been president, Congress has passed laws forbidding US troops from engaging in combat in Colombia, where the US military is advising the government in its struggle against narcotics-funded Marxist rebels. After signing each bill, Bush declared in his signing statement that he did not have to obey any of the Colombia restrictions because he is commander in chief.

What's it going to take to get this idiot out of office?

I would suggest assassination but he'd just be replaced by another madman with a god complex. I'm all for a good old fashioned REVOLT! After all, it's our constitutional right to overthrow the government when they've all gone so clearly feakin' insane! Problem is America as whole is too damn apathetic to care.

Does anyone believe that Dubya has another brain cell that would come up with the idea of trying to create a third presidential term, and yet another to actually pull it off? If the answer to the second part of that question is no, then I'm not that worried.

I wasn't able to vote last time (my age), but I will next time. And I'll do it from safe and boring Canada while drudging on with my post-secondary studies, which is considerably more affordable than the States. And I won't vote for Jeb Bush, if the rumors about him running for the position are true.

Now I shall go off to scare people. I got my Canadian citizenship yesterday, so now I can prance around in the streets with my American passport in one hand and my Canadian citizenship certificate in the other, and show the world that I'm officially twice as crazy as the rest of North America (Mexico has a sane reputation).

(Mexico has a sane reputation).

Boy, you don't know Mexico very well, do you?

The government there is quite corrupt. Even after Vincente Fox got elected, he's only made half-hearted attempts to clean up the corruption that's so prevalent there.

I'm actually aware of the political situation in Mexico. God knows I have enough Mexican friends ranting about the corruption there and about how they hate having to deal with it when they go back home.

No, I meant that Mexico has a sane rep in that the average folk are known for being relatively sane. Pakistan's rep is divided that way too - the people are OK but the gov't is a huge prob.

Guest yamsham
From what I know of US Presidents and their history... He'll need to get a blow job first, then lie about it.

If Dubya got a hummer every once in a while, we probably wouldn't be at war. Unfortunately, Laura doesn't swallow.

Guest Princess Koriand'r
If Dubya got a hummer every once in a while, we probably wouldn't be at war. Unfortunately, Laura doesn't swallow.

Oh we'll still be at war, the oil is too good a deal to pass up after all. Besides all the trouble he's causing, you can't tell me he's not trying to Overcompensate for someting...

Either that or he's on crack...hard to tell.

Guest yamsham

I ain't no democrat. I hate seeing Dubya characterized as a bumbling idiot, because he's not. He's a terrible public speaker, that's for sure. But stupid? No. What he is is typically American, and he responds to crises in a typically American fashion: two-dimensionally. He's incapable of thinking outside the box, of finding alternate solutions to issues. He's an unoriginal thinker who falls back on the tried and true without even recognizing that options exist. And he has the worst case of bunker mentality of any president save Nixon. But as much as I dislike him, the democrats in Washington are unfocused and spineless. They are as much to blame for the current state of affairs as Dubya. Not a one of them would stand up for what's right.

I never said I thought he was stupid.

I think he's just not willing to use the intelligence he has. As a consequence, he is easily manipulated by those around him.