Click Here!

Subdomain question.

JayDee

I like that whenever people say “There are no stupid questions,” someone can usually point to one of mine to disprove it.

So… if you wrote a story set at the edge of Heaven at the time of Lucifer’s rebellion, but that besides references to the Creator, Lucifer and Michael (none of whom get dialogue), the story featured entirely original characters would it need to go under the Bible in books (or I guess Satan was in The Talmud first), or is it an old/generic enough setting that it could go in Originals, with a mention that this guy and that guy referenced feature in religious traditions?

I don’t know if I’ll finish this thing, I’ve started a few unfinished things just for the pleasure of writing lately, trying to get back into it, and I gotta say it was a strange moment to realise I was writing dialogue for my charcter Eparlegna before he was a demon*, but if I do get it done I’d like to know where to put it/what dislcaimer to use (and also if it goes under books to remember to apologise for everyone being an OC, except for those references to Lucy and Big Mike.)

*I didn’t sit down to do that. I’m just writing and suddenly it’s “Wait a minute… oh fuck.”

Let’s see. NOT a stupid question at all, and here’s why.

My Poor Bastard pair of stories was originally posted as Original work, although it relies quite heavily on Greek mythology. So, when I reposted them, I moved them over to Books, under “Fairy Tales, Fables, Folklore, Legends, and Myth” to be more accurate. 

So, I’d be inclined to recommend this go in Books, under The Bible (which is not a title in the public domain because various editions remain copyrighted although I’m pretty sure the copyright on the individual chapters expired long before I got that first pair of killer shoes). Even with a cast of OCs, it’s still the Bible, and let’s face it, people like to have things properly categorized so they can flip out about someone making light of their beliefs (which doesn’t seem to be an issue when I poke at Zeus and Hera, although I do tend to stay inside during thunderstorms).

Fair enough! Bible it is. I’ll just make sure to have an author’s note at the start confirming how OC heavy it is so folks know not to proceed if that isn’t their cup of tea.

Thank you for your time.

(which doesn’t seem to be an issue when I poke at Zeus and Hera, although I do tend to stay inside during thunderstorms). 

“Mom, have you been mocking the gods again? There’s a giant sea monster outside wants a word.”

Edited by JayDee

4 hours ago, JayDee said:

“Mom, have you been mocking the gods again? There’s a giant sea monster outside wants a word.”

Crows. Ask Elderspawn about the sea of crows in the parking lot. Definitely all my fault, that one was. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.