Click Here!

Story ratings + outdated links?

tehuti88

Is there anywhere from our profiles where we can view the ratings our stories have gotten? (By ratings, I mean how well/poorly readers have rated them.)

Since the profile revamp I'm unable to see ratings there. :/

Also, I have a thread in the forum where I post intros/author's notes that are too long to post in the stories themselves, as per site rules. To make it easier for readers to find that thread, I included a link to it (actually just a text URL) in my stories. I notice the forum and site have changed URLs since my last uploads, so I believe the URL in my stories is out of date. :( Will I have to edit each story individually to update the URL...?

Oh. Lastly. It's been a long while since I've uploaded anything here. (Three years, I think!) My last time here, if you used Internet Explorer there was a special procedure you had to go through to get your stories to post properly. I think that's no longer necessary, but I'm not sure. I'm using IE11, do I need to do anything special to post stories or is it pretty straightforward now?

...Jeez, I hope I'm in the right forum. ;_;

Hi, and welcome back!

The code rewrite is a work in progress, because we are taking it in small steps to avoid breaking anything. That means certain features are disabled or hidden for now. So, for the time being, you can only see ratings in the archive listings.

As far as the urls in the stories themselves, you can post the url in your profile, and that might help readers find the thread. However, you would have to update those urls yourself, since they are text entries. We did have a redirect in place, but the old domain name has expired and therefore those redirects no longer function.

I believe Internet Explorer is playing nicely in the most recent version. At the very least, no one has been complaining to us about any new glitches caused by that browser, so I'm going to say that it;s straightforward now. :)

Since they're still accessible, you can also at least temporarily see the ratings on your old profile:

http://books.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=19457

...but I don't put a lot of store in the ratings myself, too exploitable. I have one story with over 100 ratings that came overnight as someone tried to get it down to one star. It still has two, so they got bored :D

Thank you both so much for the answers! You guys are always so helpful whenever I come in here all confused. :D (Which is...like every time I come in here. :blush: )

JayDee, on 24 Jan 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:I have one story with over 100 ratings that came overnight as someone tried to get it down to one star. It still has two, so they got bored :D

I hate that I can say it but I know that feeling a little too well. ;_; :lol:

Edited by tehuti88

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.