Click Here!

writing about breasts

SirGeneralSir

ok so as a guy trying to describe breasts in a story is kind of hard for me because i know what i think of, but does that translate well to others?

i want my story to hopefully be enjoyable for both men and women, but i know that women from what ive been told, dont like the idea of breasts being described as fruit "her breasts were as large as melons" or "her nice firm breasts were as round as cantaloupe"

im trying to give an idea of the breast sizes of 3 different women, the sizes im thinking of are medium C, i think a 36 is about right, the second being a C 42 and the last one being D 34, yes im looking at a chart :P

im still working out the details of the scene, but the women's breasts are being noticed by a medical team because of effects that a sickness of sorts is having on their bodies as well as their breasts.

i found this link that had terms used in general about breasts, but im still not sure what to use if any of it.

http://home.epix.net/~jlferri/breasts.html

if needed i can show what ive written in here as well

Okay, that's a decent list, actually, and you'll notice that there is NO fruit mentioned at all. This is GOOD. We are not a salad bar, after all.

You have two of your women being C cup, and that measurement, 36 and 42, refers to the band, or the part of the bra that wraps around the body. I'm going to assume those are inch measurements, since we're talking adult women here. 42 inches for a band is a woman with a wide back and a broad build. If that's what you're going for, that's great, but... Marilyn Monroe wore a 36D. Salma Hayek is a 36C. Kim Kardashian is a 32DD. Katy Perry is a 32D. So, you see, it's the cup size that's the fullness of the breast, not the band. For visuals, read this.

As I said in the shoutbox, and I'll repeat it here for any other curious authors, I myself prefer not to be told a specific size for breasts, or for penises. I have a terrific imagination. That's why I'm a writer, because I have all these imaginary worlds and people in my head. So, give my imagination something to do when I'm reading. If you describe breasts as "lush," I'm going to have an image in my head that is pleasing and sexy. If you tell me the breasts are 36DD, I'm going to start thinking about how I should probably check and see if Victoria's Secret is having any good sales, or maybe I can look online... and you've lost me. I'm shopping, not reading your story.

Engage your readers by engaging their imaginations, not by writing a catalog. ;)

lol damnable bra sizes are made to confuse men i tell you ;)

these are the girls that im writing about, im only guessing brest sizes but would at least like it to be reasonable based on what ive seen.

Sakura

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/148/8/8/sakura_haruno_by_mai_sailor_sakura-d51hgvs.png

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/331/9/4/sakura_haruno_shippuden___lineart_colored_by_dennisstelly-d6vu0l0.png

there not huge but not small ether from what ive seen they should be like.

Ino

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130720110117/naruto/images/d/d7/Ino_Part_II.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34300000/Ino-naruto-shippuuden-34353186-2560-1600.jpg

Ino's appear to be a bit larger

Hinata

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/268/a/6/hinata_hyuga_evolucion_by_nelsonediazn-d5fvsme.jpg

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/35148/644672-tumblr_mmklsdjsgi1snrc86o4_1280.jpg

http://k38.kn3.net/BA59DF094.png

http://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/hinata-in-red-dress.png

Hinata appears to have the larger ones, she said in one of the movies while sitting in a hot spring, that she has to hold her breasts down because they float

so i could guess that she is D cup.

now with this in consideration, would this translate well?

"she had nicely sized globs of flesh for breasts and perky little nipples that reached out to the sky"

"she had well formed mounds that rested on her slightly moving chest, her very noticeable nipples standing like towers"

"her large voluptuous mountains stood proudly on her chest, her swollen nipples standing like flagpoles"

its just quick and not actually written for the story, but does it sound like the first second and third ones differ in size that it makes sense?

Edited by SirGeneralSir

now with this in consideration, would this translate well?

"she had nicely sized globs of flesh for breasts and perky little nipples that reached out to the sky"

"she had well formed mounds that rested on her slightly moving chest, her very noticeable nipples standing like towers"

"her large voluptuous mountains stood proudly on her chest, her swollen nipples standing like flagpoles"

its just quick and not actually written for the story, but does it sound like the first second and third ones differ in size that it makes sense?

For the first, I'll assume you meant "globes" and not globs. The second is not bad, and the third is repetitive. I'd drop "large" since "voluptuous mountains" is enough to ensure that I'll think she's very well endowed. But yes, the third sounds bigger than the second.

As to nipples... I have fairly large nipples myself, but even fully hardened and erect, I'd hardly describe them as "towers" or "like flagpoles." I might say something like "her voluptuous mountains rested proudly on her chest, her swollen nipples prominent." Do you see the difference? You don't want to make the readers feel like they should salute.

if it has the right effect, some just might salute ;)

but yes i did mean globes.

so how would you describe nipples to make them sound like they reflect the breasts as well? needles just sounds odd (yes i did read someone with that) peas are too small and while its not a fruit its still a food source ..... a small rock?

a nicely formed lump sounds more like the result of an injury

...... hummm maybe one or all of them could be lactating too?

the effects of the hormones, the "SICKNESS" and other things might help to make the breasts to be more noticeable and give reason for some of the effects to happen etc.

what kind of changes happens to a woman's breasts/nipples while lactating? things that a guy wouldnt know, i know they can and do swell, nipples get sensitive and swell too, what else?

Even lactating, we're rarely salute-able. ;)

Perky, erect, tight, hardened, pebbled... those all work for nipples as adjectives.

As far as lactation, breasts swell, yes, but when you're full of milk, they're hard, and it's not sensitive, it's painful to be engorged. You need to let down, ie, express milk. You'll see the veins more clearly, or at least i did, and I leaked all the time.

Nipples aren't sensitive in the sexual sense, but they are also swollen, can appear larger and that is when you might see the very peak look elongated, after the baby has fed. They do get sore if the baby doesn't latch right, and they can crack and bleed.

lol depends on the .... tastes ^_^

so non lactating nipples would be as you said perky, erect, tight, hardened and pebbled.

but what about if they were lactating, what would they be then?

what about if the woman has about ..... half filled ones? and what level of effect would that be?

how long does it take for breasts to go from 0 milk to 100% full of milk.

im still on the fence on if there lactating or not

That actually depends upon the baby's appetite as to how long it takes a woman to "fill". In some for instances, women will overproduce. Which is painful, because instead of being full enough for your child, you are engorged by the time it's time for the kid to eat. I was one of those, lol. Easily produced enough for my baby and at least one more.

Okay, we begin producing colostrum in late pregnancy. While we might not be "full" then, giving birth is what triggers the process of lactation.

There are two stages to lactation. The first couple of days, you produce something called colostrum, which is thin, yellowish, dense with antibodies and helps immunize the baby to some extent. If a woman has any leakage prior to giving birth, it's colostrum.

After a few days, the milk a woman produces thickens, becomes higher in fat content, and looks paler as she begins to express breastmilk.

So, there's no way to answer your question. It's not a precise thing and varies from woman to woman, making it impossible to say how "full" she'd be after three hours. Given that a human infant can nurse every couple of hours, I'd say odds are she'd be engorged by three hours, and in pain.

humm i see, so it could be safe to say that if a human woman by kind of almost but not magical means, was ..... forced? into an animal like kind of heat, where the body is going into overload of trying to attract a mate, if she somehow triggered lactation, she could be fully ready to feed a child that does not actually exist and so forth.

if i can just write it properly that is.

anything else that i might need to know and could use in some way?

If you are in heat, lactation wouldn't necessarily be a by-product of that, since she's have to conceive, which would end the heat, before she could lactate. Strictly speaking.

right but i have heard stories that both animals and people would SOMETIMES start to lactate when they are around a baby or babies for extended periods of time.

there was one story where an old woman found some baby squirrels that had been abandoned, she brought them in and her young dog and cat didnt try to kill them or anything, instead they acted like parents to the babies and both animals started to lactate and were actually nursing the babies.

i know of another story where a woman who adopted a newborn baby woke up one night co sleeping with it and she was leaking actual breast milk not the colostrum, so from my understanding its possible but like 1 in 9,000 chances type of thing

true, im thinking of all possible options that could explain some of the symptoms that the women would be experiencing or give reasons that the breasts would be noticed, like one of them slightly leaking, gets examined to find more coming out, and the other 2 are also found to be lactating.

exploring options

I have a question about breast size.

I was told that the volume of each individual cup size could vary based on the height and frame of the woman they belong to, so that in actuality a woman who is 5 feet tall with a c-cup would have smaller breast then a woman who would be 6 feet tall with a c-cup.

I think it's supposed to have something to do with the ratio between the distance around the woman's sternum under her breast and the distance around her crossing the nipples.

is this true?

PS when it comes to Sakura, Ino, and Hinata, I would say that Sakkara has a c-cup, Ino has a d-cup, and Hinata has DD-cup if they are 16 and 17 years old like in the later episodes of cartoons

Edited by Aysha c.c.

It's not really the cup size that changes, but the band size, the part that goes around our backs. But a C cup will look larger on a smaller woman, so a five-foot woman who's a 32C will look more generously endowed than a taller woman who's a 36C.

If you're daring enough to venture into the lingerie section of a department store, you can look at the various sizes of bras, and you'll see that the volume of a C cup doesn't vary even for the bigger band sizes, (although it will be harder to find in bigger band sizes).

but what if you up size the person to someone who's 22 feet tall for someone like Arcee from Transformers Prime, whether they are B C or D there going to be a lot bigger than they would be on a 6 foot tall human woman, right?

Edited by Aysha c.c.

If you're going to scale up like that, then yes, of course a C cup on a 22-foot woman will be larger. But proportionately, and that's the key, her C cup would be the same C cup that a 20 foot woman or a 24 foot woman would wear.

Volume scales the same way height would, and proportion stays the same.

I know this is a bit much of text to paste, but it would be better to read it this way so it can be understood, tell me if the descriptions and the flow of this is right.

Cho and Juro stood on opposite sides of Sakura as she looked past them in an obviously drugged state, the two cut opened the top of her hospital gown covering her globes of flesh, Sakura’s erect little nubs stabbing into the air proving Cho with more information on her physical state.

Hiroshi and Kaemon stood next to Ino and repeated the same process of opening her gown in the same manner, Ino had slightly larger breasts and her nipples were just as erect as Sakura’s, again Cho again took note of this.

Hisako and Kazuo standing next to Hinata, they too opened up her gown revealing her mountains of flesh, just like the other girls her nipples were reaching for the sky and clearly swollen, Cho took notice of the odd abnormalities.

“This is most interesting indeed, Shizune-San did you or Tsunade check their reproductive cycles during your tests?”

“Eh? No, we didn’t think that such a test was necessary, did you find something?”

Cho then lifted the lower half of Sakura’s gown revealing her panties were clearly wet, she then looked over to Hiroshi, only to find the same results with Ino, Hisako revealed Hinata’s lower half revealing the same condition.

Kazuo looked up towards the Cho gaining her attention.

“It would appear that in a way, the three of them are in a hyperactively aroused state, almost as if they were in heat.

It would explain Kiba’s reaction towards Hinata to the point of almost raping her, considering her emotional attachment towards Naruto, I can only assume that in her mind she has already found her mate, but that alone would not explain the other two.”

“Perhaps something happened in the cave that they were not comfortable revealing to us, if Naruto’s unstable chakra entered their bodies while they were sexually aroused, it could have triggered something primal in them due to his primal state.”

Hisako said as she watched the others tending to the girls.

“Look at this, it would appear that there is more to this condition than we first suspected.”

Kazuo said as Cho moved over towards him.

“What I do here, I do as a medic.

Kazuo then gently squeezed Hinata’s breast and milk started to flow from her nipple.

Cho began to process the information then looked to Kaemon and Juro, giving them both a nod, they too squeezed the breast of Sakura and Ino, revealing that they too were lactating as well.

“This is most puzzling, regardless we must place the seals on them now or the damage to their bodies may become irreversible, not to mention the psychological damage that may already be done.”

Okay. Where to begin?

Cutting the hospital gowns makes no sense. If you've ever seen the typical hospital johnnie, they're open down the back. The medical personnel could just pull the gowns down off their shoulders.

All abnormalities are odd. That's why they're abnormalities.

Reproductive cycles aren't going to make panties wet. Only arousal or poor bladder control will do that.

Humans don't go into heat, so I'm not sure how they'd jump to that conclusion, unless there was more revealed earlier to warrant that. If not, then maybe there needs to be more information put out there to justify the logic leap.

You can't just squeeze a breast to make the milk express. It's a suckling action that stimulates flow, so you have to press on the milk ducts without just tugging or squashing the nipple itself. It's HARD, and that's why most women use pumps. But just squeezing a globe, mound or mountain won't do bugger-all.

And just for reference? Breast size has NO bearing on how much milk a woman produces.

lets see.

i went with cutting because the girls are chained/strapped to the beds, i think i have to go into more detail on that part, but thats why i figured they would have to cut the top half of the gowns.

im not following your comment about the abnormalities.

the going into heat part and the wet panties are something that i need to fix, they are EXTREMELY aroused, or supposed to be and wanting to mate.

the reasoning is kind of hinted i think, in an earlier part of this chapter and maybe a bit in the end of the last one (not posted)

as for the squeezing of breasts, that was my experience with my wife when she was still nursing our baby (whos now 3) hell if i was laying on top of her she would leak.

milk production and breast size, i was told can make them swell up more if there not being drained/fed on but then im not a woman ^_^

Odd abnormalities is repetitive. If they're abnormalities, it goes without saying that they're odd. It's like saying "the black blackwall tire." It stops a reader dead because it's a "duh" moment.

As far as laying on your wife, you were compressing the milk glands located behind the nipples. That's why she leaked. A woman will also leak if she hears her child cry. But unconscious, drugged women are not going to lactate like that.

And yes, breasts swell a bit when engorged, but at that point, anyone squeezing them is going to cause extreme pain and provoke a very unpleasant response. But there is still no correlation between cup size and how much milk is produced. A small breasted woman can feed her child as easily as a big breasted woman. Cup size is largely determined by the amount of fatty tissue surrounding the milk glands. The glands themselves are relatively consistent in size.

What governs milk production are the following:

Diet

Stress

Water intake

There are certain foods which will make a woman produce more. If you don't drink enough water, you won't produce enough milk, as your body will not let you dehydrate yourself for this. If a woman is under a lot of stress, she will not produce milk.