Click Here!

Weird Fears

hellagoddess

When I was little I was absolutely TERRIFIED to hear Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, and other classical piece I can't quite remember right now (call it repression).

I finally remembered! I used to get this great irrational fear wash over me whenever I heard Bach`s Minuet. I really can`t figure out why, since it sounds really nice and cheerful.

As odd as this may sound I am afraid to sit on a horse. I can pet it, feed it, brush it, do everything a good horse lover would but as soon as I get on my whole body starts trembling. Not the ooo im scared tremble but the teeth chattering wide eyed yep I'm a goner shakes.

I'm also afriad to wash my hair if i am home alone.

The dark is creepy, not the night but the dark.

Oh and anything that buzzes. It buzzzz I run.

It's not really being afraid of something but sometimes I just freak out. Like in the dark I start thinking about the walking corpses of murdering clown girls and I just can't stop thinking about it and then I start seeing things... Anything sexy can become freakishly scary if you put "walking corpse" in front of it.

because of Stephen King (mostly Storm of the Century) I'm afraid of children's songs (mostly 'I'm a Little Tea Cup') My friend is terrified of joint cracking (like when you crack your neck or knuckles) ever since I made her watch Ju-on (The Grudge).

I can't go 5 minutes without cracking something :unsure:

I am afraid of planes, I fear they will fall out of the sky but I am more scared of trains because a plane could fall out of the sky and crash into the train.

Seriously, heights and roaches are my big fears. Though there are times when I can stand on the edge of a precipice and look down, I have even jumped off a 50 foot cliff into water other times I just lock up, gripping what ever support is nearby with an white knuckles iron grip.

'Fraid of heights, here... I don't even know why, it's not like I've ever fallen from a high place, or anything. I just look down from somewhere high and my head starts to spin, then my heart speeds up, and I start to panic.

No idea why, seriously. All of my friends are jumping into the river from these high rocks, and I get to the end and just go "...No... I'm okay, I'll just walk around."

Heights is the only fear I have though. Besides maybe tons of spiders. 1 spider is nothing, I pick them up and pet them, but I had an experience last year where baby spiders hatched while I was trying to sleep, I got up and turned the light on and they were ALL... OVER... EVERYTHING.

They were hanging from the ceiling, covered the entire room, I couldn't sleep for days.

It's occurred to me in recent weeks that I am also quite afraid of plug sockets and turning lights on by the switch on the wall, sometimes resorting to using the handle of a hairbrush or the sole of a shoe to flip the switch instead of my finger.

Caterpillars. Nothing should have that many legs, it's just unnatural.

Vomiting. I don't know why but it seriously gives me the willies. If you look like you're even thinking about puking I'm running for the hills.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm terrified of snakes. Not nice, big, normal snakes. Of tiny snakes. Tiny, black, wiggly snakes. I've always had this irrational fear that if I ever encounter a small enough snake, it'll be able to slip into my veins.

Also afraid of people grabbing me by the wrist. As a child if anyone grabbed me by the wrist, the automatic reaction would be to punch them in the stomach as hard as I possibly could. Veins in general make me feel like passing out. (Yet I'm fine with blood. Go fig.)

Guest Zanthious

I can't drive behind those big trucks with the logs on them. I keep thinking the straps will break, and a log will come off, bounce twice, and plow into my windsheild. I can't drive when it's raining either.

I hate maggots, worms (earthworms are okay, everything else including catepillars, grubs, and insect larva are not okay, oddly), and infestations of such. I get all itchy and have to bath just seeing them on TV.

The fear either stems from when I was really little my grandparent's massive Oak tree was covered (and this thing was three feet in diameter at least), absolutely covered in tent catipillars, or a botfly larva removal from pets... :(

And I'm the worse kind of phobic. Instead of shrieking in fear or freaking out, I have to destroy them if I had the means to, otherwise I just can't sleep, I'm itchy, I'm uncomfortable. When we remove wasp and bee nests with all those wriggling larva in them, they have to be buried. Out of sight, out of mind. Not something I'm proud of...

I also can't sleep with my door open, I have issues with my bellybutton, and large fresh water fish freak me out.

I like and enjoy shark tanks, but fuck, the moment I go through "fish of the Amazon" at an aquarium I just feel a shiver up my spine. As long as I'm outside of the tank, I'm okay, but I have nightmares of actually falling into one.

As a child I had an outstanding fear of men in tights. I seriously fucking hated Peter Pan.

i am terrified to death of birds. they scare the living crap out of me. if there are birds gathered in one area, i go someplace else. if somebody has birds in their home, i have a hard time being anywhere near the house. i hate seeing them anywhere. i hate them. they scare the shit out of me.

also, i'm terrified of noises in my house. if i'm not one hundred percent sure of any noise a house makes, i'm afraid it's something out of the ordinary.

i also have a lot of paranoid induced fears: the tree in front of my house is going to fall on the house, the ceiling fans will fly off of the ceiling and behead us all, big rigs will crush me in my car if i get between them, the dogs are going to eat my face off, the floor creaks so one day it's just going to completely collapse on me, i'm going to drown in the tub if i fall asleep, etc.

Terrified of clowns, human shaped/faced dolls, fat people, and the avast! scanners update voice

What leaves look like through a microscope is pretty damn spooky too. Particularly if the leaves were in a well hydrated environment at the time. <<This is possibly the oddest fear of mine. I can dissect organs (and probably laugh and/or throw pieces at people) and can look at them through a microscope with no reaction. I can look at any other plant matter and microorganisms as well. It's only leaves that inspire such fear.

I was watching some show on the Discovery Channel and they showed these frogs, I don't know what kind they were in particular, but they carry their young on their back; <I can feel myself getting creeped out already> when they're born, they come out of these 'holes' on the frog's back.

That just scared me so much, I had to sleep with the lights on for 2 nights. Anytime I felt something on my back, I was just so freaked that it was going to be a frog-baby climbing out of some hole... :D

I was watching some show on the Discovery Channel and they showed these frogs, I don't know what kind they were in particular, but they carry their young on their back; <I can feel myself getting creeped out already> when they're born, they come out of these 'holes' on the frog's back.

That just scared me so much, I had to sleep with the lights on for 2 nights. Anytime I felt something on my back, I was just so freaked that it was going to be a frog-baby climbing out of some hole... :(

Oh god, those things from the Tawain Rivers. They're another reason I have an absolute fear of parasites. Surnam (surinam?) Toads I think is what they're called...

I went to the Baltimore aquarium a few years back and they had one of those things in a tank. They're huge. It's like an amphibian version of those card people from Alice in Wonderland.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm terrified of natural disasters ( tonadoes, floods, the like ) and of...Volcanoes. That's right. volcanoes....don't I don't really understand this unmitigated fear of volcanoes. And what is really sad? I'm more afraid of them than natural disasters.

:o

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.