Click Here!

Official Tagging System.

Selonianth

You could give authors the ability to attach tags to their story and add a page linking to all Tags where you can click a tag and it takes you to a page of stories that have that particular tag on them.

Possibly a "Don't Show This Tag" option. That way if you only want het or only want yaoi you could eliminate the opposite side from your search entirely.

Tags are actually a part of the story summary, and therefore searchable in the archives.

In larger archives, there are categories for het, slash, femmeslash, and certain pairings.

Yea, I get that. Not what I'm saying. Do you know exactly how many Yaoi stories pop up if you search Slave in say... the Naruto Section? A lot. And half of the het ones don't SAY they're het even as a tag making it an imperfect way to do it. It'd be better if there could be actual tags applicable to it that you can say... check off. Like if you want an X-Men fic that's het, time travel, and harem. I'd be willing to bet it's relatively hard to find just because the person might not actually use the "tags". This would at least lower the odds of that happening. Makes it easier for the average reader who doesn't want to go fic diving through hundreds of stories.

I do understand what you're suggesting, but I don't know if the archive code will support a blog-style tagging system. I know that other archives are experimenting with the idea, but again, not being the coder, I can't say for sure what's coming.

In the meantime, we do make an effort to try and at least provide the tools for users to narrow the search parameters a bit.

Something else to bear in mind is that stories (where the categories are large enough), have subcategories of pair TYPE. So when it comes up in search, that also shows, you can bypass that, and simply input other parts as the search parameter rather than the pair type.

True you can narrow it to just threesome/moresome or het or pure yaoi fics but even with the threesome/moresome category you still have to wade through dozens of pair types you don't want.

All I'm saying is that it would be handy and useful as a whole as opposed to just a search function.

• 5 weeks later...

The search function itself is being completely rewritten as well. Currently, it is a simply sql search. It's not capable of properly searching the archive as it sits. We do have the search engine in place to be able to search better, the search function, however, has to be written to USE that engine.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.