Click Here!

Best practices for stories that go in the "Misc TV shows" category?

There’s a possibility that this goes in the Archive Tech Support, so if that’s the case, my bad.

I have a story which I’ve been meaning to find a place for. Looking at the television category where it would go, there’s no category for the show. Which I assume means it goes in the Misc TV shows category?

What are the best ideas around using it? Since so many different potential stories can go there? Should I give the fandom up first? The description?

If this is a show you’ll write more stories for, I can always create a category for it. Otherwise, you might want to name the fandom in the summary field, jut so people are aware of it in advance.

17 hours ago, BronxWench said:

If this is a show you’ll write more stories for, I can always create a category for it. Otherwise, you might want to name the fandom in the summary field, jut so people are aware of it in advance.

I don’t think that I will be. At most I may have a couple more chapters but it’s more just a story I had to get out of my head in this particular fandom.

I suppose I’m more asking exactly how. As an example:

“Summary: An (insert fandom name here) fanfic. Jane has a problem and...”

Or should it be:

“Summary: Jane has a problem and… An (insert fandom name here) fanfic.”

3 hours ago, Deadman said:

I don’t think that I will be. At most I may have a couple more chapters but it’s more just a story I had to get out of my head in this particular fandom.

I suppose I’m more asking exactly how. As an example:

“Summary: An (insert fandom name here) fanfic. Jane has a problem and...”

Or should it be:

“Summary: Jane has a problem and… An (insert fandom name here) fanfic.”

Either way works. It’s mostly to alert potential readers at this point, but should the fandom ever wind up with a category of its own, it’ll be easier to spot your story and move it if you put the fandom name first, as in your first example.

On 6/6/2024 at 8:58 PM, BronxWench said:

Either way works. It’s mostly to alert potential readers at this point, but should the fandom ever wind up with a category of its own, it’ll be easier to spot your story and move it if you put the fandom name first, as in your first example.

Sure, I’m guessing almost no one would be writing a fic for the fandom. While some of it is still active, most of the fandom hasn’t written much fanfic.

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

Sure, I’m guessing almost no one would be writing a fic for the fandom. While some of it is still active, most of the fandom hasn’t written much fanfic.

I have no idea, honestly, since I don’t know the fandom.

4 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I have no idea, honestly, since I don’t know the fandom.

Well let me put it this way, the pilot episode aired 13 years ago and when I look other places for fanfic? There's almost none. Less than 200 stories in the whole fandom.

6 hours ago, Deadman said:

Well let me put it this way, the pilot episode aired 13 years ago and when I look other places for fanfic? There's almost none. Less than 200 stories in the whole fandom.

Trust me, we have a great many obscure fandoms floating around in the archive. :lol: 

But point taken. So let’s stick with Misc TV Shows and just note the fandom in the summary somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 6:45 AM, BronxWench said:

Trust me, we have a great many obscure fandoms floating around in the archive. :lol: 

But point taken. So let’s stick with Misc TV Shows and just note the fandom in the summary somewhere.

Will do.