Click Here!

How long does lipstick generally last?

I’ve been trying to look this up but get very vague answers. It’s part of a story I’ve been working on.

More often than not, what I read is “several hours” or “last for hours”. The most I can find is 6 or 8 hours.

But that’s usually from sales websites and things like that. Not clear if it’s actually real or not. Whether it can be longer or shorter.

36 minutes ago, pittwitch said:

depends on what kind.  I have some that are “all day” and last 8-10 hours.  Others that are not long wearing, disappear rather quickly.

What my Witch said. I find the more moisturizing the lipstick, the faster it vanishes. :blink:

2 hours ago, pittwitch said:

depends on what kind.  I have some that are “all day” and last 8-10 hours.  Others that are not long wearing, disappear rather quickly.

Okay, but do you know of any that last longer than 10 hours? I suppose it could work for the story but the longer the better.

Basically, the reason I’m wondering is because I have a character using lipstick to draw/write on their lover’s body. So I’m trying to figure out how long in theory the lipstick will last.

2 hours ago, BronxWench said:

What my Witch said. I find the more moisturizing the lipstick, the faster it vanishes. :blink:

And I assume that includes sweat? Or mainly moisture which is closer to the place lipstick is usually applied?

27 minutes ago, Deadman said:

And I assume that includes sweat? Or mainly moisture which is closer to the place lipstick is usually applied?

Actually, the moisturizer in the lipstick itself. However, sweat, or drinking liquids/eating food is going to wear the lipstick away faster.

18 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Actually, the moisturizer in the lipstick itself. However, sweat, or drinking liquids/eating food is going to wear the lipstick away faster.

So if someone draws with lipstick on someone else and then they get sweaty with each other, it’s probably going to get washed off? I assume potentially get on sheets and clothes and stuff?

31 minutes ago, Deadman said:

So if someone draws with lipstick on someone else and then they get sweaty with each other, it’s probably going to get washed off? I assume potentially get on sheets and clothes and stuff?

It’ll smear nicely, especially on sheets and clothing, and if it’s just subject to skin on skin contact, it’ll smear on both (or more) parties before it gets rubbed off.

12 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

It’ll smear nicely, especially on sheets and clothing, and if it’s just subject to skin on skin contact, it’ll smear on both (or more) parties before it gets rubbed off.

Well it will probably be both in some cases. That would be fun as an idea, much smearing.

Also, just curious how long does it take to fully use up a stick of lipstick? Such as how many applications to the lips (or other places) would it take? Does a stick last a week? A month? Assuming daily use or something.

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

Well it will probably be both in some cases. That would be fun as an idea, much smearing.

Also, just curious how long does it take to fully use up a stick of lipstick? Such as how many applications to the lips (or other places) would it take? Does a stick last a week? A month? Assuming daily use or something.

If you’re using it 2-3 times a day on lips, a month or so. If you’re writing critiques of your neighbor’s parking on the windshield, less than a week. :lol: 

On 4/5/2024 at 10:21 PM, BronxWench said:

If you’re using it 2-3 times a day on lips, a month or so. If you’re writing critiques of your neighbor’s parking on the windshield, less than a week. :lol: 

Lol, I never thought of using it that way. But I assume that lips work the same as skin in terms of how long it will last?

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

Lol, I never thought of using it that way. But I assume that lips work the same as skin in terms of how long it will last?

Actually, given how often we lick our lips, or drink a beverage, or eat, lipstick on lips will go away faster.

20 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Actually, given how often we lick our lips, or drink a beverage, or eat, lipstick on lips will go away faster.

Ah, well that could be very good for what I’m thinking then. Some licking would be involved but maybe not focused on that.