Click Here!

Edward_or_Ford - replies for all other stories

Edward_or_Ford

(I'm abandoning my other thread below. "Fistbump" and its sequel(s) will continue in its own existing thread, and everything else I write (past or future) will be discussed here.)

I had a couple of reviews for my new story "Unexpected". The first came after the first chapter was published:

From RandomReviewer on July 15, 2016

Dipper is watching Blue Lagoon and Mabel is reading Flowers in the Attic? Go on... :D

Yup. Couldn't think of any better encouragement for our little incestuous-twins-in-training.

(There's a bit of a weird history to this fic which would colour the perception of how the movie and novels fit into my narrative. I might tell the whole story when I have more time.)

And then this review immediately after I published the final chapter:

From GrayNeko on July 23, 2016

Well that was one hell of a rollercoaster. I have to say Ed you do great work with awkward subjects and the fact that you don't shy away from the uglier aspects makes your work really appreciable. Near the end of this whole thing I was physically tense as things built to a head. Good job.

That's high praise, thanks. If I can make the story feel important and engaging, then I'm succeeding in my writing. I don't want to write simple smut. I want the reader to care about these characters, and feel what they are going through beyond just sexy times. Dipper and Mabel deserve no less.

E-o-F

Edited by Edward_or_Ford

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.