Click Here!

Help the reader follow when a story is updated

Guest lizkrohn2@yahoo.com

Guest lizkrohn2@yahoo.com

There is a lot of help for the uploader/author but where is the help for the reader?

For example how do i activate "currently reading" to track updates on a story other than exposing my email address in a review and hope they contact me (and anyone else out there too!). It cant be so difficult!

If you have an archive profile, you can add stories to your "Currently Reading" section of the archive profile. You would not need to expose your email.

If the author maintains a posting on the "Promote a Story" thread here, you can follow that posting, and elect to receive email notices when the posting is updated. That would require forum registration, but your email would remain private.

If the author posts notifications on Twitter or Live Journal or some other venue, they often make note of that in their profile, or in a forum posting. You can elect to follow the author on that venue to receive updates.

At this point, we don't have a function that would allow for notification from AFF when a story is updated, and not being the coder, I can't tell you if that's even possible. However, if it is in the works, we'll post announcements as we always do--in the Site Announcements and News posts on the forum and in the archive.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.