Click Here!

Ja Souhaite (I Wish) Challenge

Guest Dhalim

Guest Dhalim

Ja Souhaite (I Wish) Challenge

Pairing: Preferred Harry/Voldemort, but Harry/Draco or Harry/Snape is okay, I guess.

Genre: Up to you, but please keep the characters IC and refrain from putting too much sap into the story. I love manipulative/plotting/evil!Voldemort, so if Harry is a little OOC because Voldemort is manipulating him, that is okay.

Quirk: Creature!Harry (sort of)

Specifics:

Length- Up to you, but I prefer multi-chaptered fics.

Rating- Up to you, but hot sex is always appreciated. If I wanted it to be rated T, I would have posted this challenge on ff XP

Plot-wise- Harry is a genie, either by heritage, a bad reaction to something he came in contact with (like a Restricted Section book), or because of another character possibly plotting against him (though I prefer the first 2 ideas). Before anything happens in the story, he needs to already know, or figure out his powers and the rules behind them.

Genie rules-

1. His ‘lamp’ is his wand and anyone in possession of it can control him if they phrase the command as a wish.
  2. He is limited as to how far away he can go from his wand, and he can’t touch it if he has a master.
  3. Like in Aladdin, he has ‘ultimate cosmic power,’ but can only use it if he has a Master and if they grant him permission.
  4. As a genie, he cannot kill anyone, bring anyone back from the dead, or make anyone fall in love.

Eventually, Harry and Voldemort face each other duel and Harry looses his wand. It is about then that he is found out as a genie. Before then, very few- if any- people know what he is, but afterwards, as many or as little people as you want can know about it.

Other Thoughts/Optional Ideas:

• There is some sort of mark or jewelry that labels Harry as a genie that he has to hide from the others
  • Harry starts to rebel by taking wishes literally so they don’t turn out the way they were planned
  • Remember: the more sensational the wishes, the easier they are to screw up, so it is unlikely that Voldemort will make wishes that effect the entire world. I personally see him making small ones that make taking it over a bit easier for him.

Pet Peeves:

1. When characters are OOC with no rhyme or reason, but especially when characters call Voldemort ‘Voldie’ or are overly friendly with the Dark Lord or fearless around him
  2. Blatant Mary-sues

End Notes: This challenge was inspired by the Disney movie Aladdin and the 7th season of x-files, episode 21 ‘Ja Souhaite’. It is open to as many people as possible. It is also an open-ended challenge with no time restrictions or limitations, so feel free to have a go at any time.

• 3 years later...
Guest FallenAngel

Hello! I am FallenAngel and you, my dear reader, made the wonderful mistake of reviewing my story, Chelicerata. In an attempt to locate an e-mail address for you to put you on the update list (I failed), I clicked your profile and found this. Then I clicked it. Which I shouldn't have, because I've sworn off challenges. I swore off of them years ago, actually. But, somehow, I ended up doing a creature challenge for someone. Because I adore creature challenges. And, unfortunately for me, I also adore that episode of the X-Files. It's one of my favorites. So I should never have read this, because now that I have I know it's something I can write. In fact, it's something I can write well and it's something I want to write.

Which is awful, because I'm already in the midst of a half a dozen WIPs, and I am going to have some incredibly unhappy readers when they see that I'm taking on another project. And it doesn't even matter that I never write Harry/Voldemort. Which I don't. Because Voldemort is creepy. But I don't even care, because I really love this idea. And I love making my readers happy, by writing things they'll enjoy. So...yeah. I'm apparently going to write this, despite all the reasons I shouldn't. Lucky you!

However, I do have a few questions for you before I start writing. Actually, that's a lie. I'll most likely start writing before you get back to me and just pray I don't have to change much based on your answers, so yeah. Please try to answer quickly!

1) Do I have to leave Voldemort as a creepy, snake-faced bastard? Because, fair warning, if I don't have to, then I won't. I think he's weird-looking and very unattractive and I'm not really sure I'm comfortable writing a sex scene between the beautiful Harry and the disturbing Dark Lord, if I don't absolutely have to. (If I have to, I'll manage. Promise.) So are there any rules I need to follow in regards to his appearance? This is really one of the most important questions.

2) Am I allowed to make Harry snarky? I know he's not overly sarcastic in the books, but I am and it tends to come through a bit when I write Harry. He usually ends up just a little bit sarcastic and a bit more temperamental. Kind of like he was at the very beginning of OoTP when he kept snapping at Ron and Hermione and, you know, everyone. So, if I'm allowed to make Harry snarky, (and I warn you now, I may not be able to keep him from being snarky, since sometimes it just happens), am I allowed to make him snark at the Dark Lord? Because if I can make him snark Voldemort, then I probably will. And if I do, he'll probably call Voldemort "Voldie" in a sarcastic way. Not all the time, or often, or anything...probably just during the duel, to try and piss Voldemort off. Is that okay? Oh, and when Harry's alone with Voldemort later, can he call him Tom? Cause Voldemort is a freakin' mouthful and I'd like to be able to type "Tom" instead. Plus, moaning either "Oh Voldemort!" or "Oh Dark Lord!" is just weird...Tom is better. Please?

3) And this is an important one too; how far do I have to follow Canon? Normally, I cut my fics off at OoTP. So Sirius is dead, but Albus and Severus are alive and well. And there are no Horcruxes. Occasionally I go further (to suit the demands of my plot) and a few of my earlier stories stop being Canon after GoF because when I wrote them, OoTP wasn't out yet. However, I don't like killing Albus or Severus if I can avoid it and I don't enjoy dealing with Horcruxes, because they irritate me. Too complicated for my tastes. So, if I can cut the Canon at OoTP, I'd be grateful. If not, let me know quickly since I plan to start writing as soon as I finish typing this reply, lol.

4) This is the last question, I swear, lol. How much of a happy ending do you "require" of this story? Do Harry and Voldemort have to end up together? Do they need to be in love? Do I need to make Voldemort repent? Do I have to save the Wizarding world? Do I have to put Harry with someone else in the end? Am I allowed to kill anyone I like? Can I make Harry evil (or at least chaotic neutral, since as a genie, he would be)? Just...you said no sap (or minimal sap, anyway) which I'm fine with, since I enjoy both Dark!fics and Dark!Harry, so I need to know how limited my darkness has to be.

My e-mail address is authoressmommy@yahoo.com so you can just shoot me an e-mail, or an IM on Yahoo!Messenger, if you like. I'm on for most of the day and night, so I should get your reply no more than 3 or 4 hours after you send it, regardless of the time. Please let me know the answers as soon as possible! Thanks!

Since the person who posted it reviewed my story just a few days ago, and the link to this challenge is posted on the account they reviewed from, I'm hopeful they will. If they don't by the time I post the next chapter, I'll make a note to them to check here in my next author's note. That's the upside of having them reading one of my stories. I have a guaranteed way to contact them. ^_^ Thanks for pointing it out, though. I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Special thanks to FallenAngel for taking on my challenge. Though I posted it three years ago, I would love to see others give it a shot as well :) so if anyone's interested, please let me know

~Dhalim

Guest FallenAngel

You're welcome!!! I'm enjoying writing it; hopefully I'll get around to posting soon! I've finished Ch 1 now as well as the Prologue and am starting Ch 2. I'll try to post the first part sometime this week and then I'll add a link here! ^_^

~ FA

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.