Click Here!

Old reviews and Google

Nakor

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've had an issue with your review system. In 2006 and 2007 I left three reviews on stories as a guest, and I put my email down (I suppose so the author could reply). For whatever reason it seems if you leave a guest review with email, your site lists it as viewable plain-text in the review page. This is something of a privacy issue, and especially bad if you don't want search engines to pick up your email in embarrassing places.

I would like to request that the three reviews in question be removed as I'm still using the email address in question. I won't post it here (would rather defeat the purpose) but if anyone can help please reply and I'll send you the review ID's and email address in question.

Hi!

I've moved this to a more appropriate thread, but yes, we can help you with that. Please email us at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org with the url of the story and the review ID numbers, and we can remove that email address for you. You can substitute the word "private" or something similar in that field in future, since it's a text field.

I will warn you, however, that it can take anywhere from 30 to 120 days for Google to recrawl the page in question and update its search records. That's something we can't control, sadly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.