Click Here!

Is it true

Guest Skiler

Guest Skiler

I was just wondering

If your main char(whose based on you) is suicidle or is like mentaly or physicly tortured for more then half its life does that mean your subcontiously suicidle? I mean it's based off you, right. So its like your the one being tortured or trying to kill yourself... I always thought I subcontiously wanted to kill myself...

I agree. Critics often read too much into a piece. You shouldn't make the same mistake.

Picking such challenges for your characters may mean that it's what you want, or maybe you want them to have difficult challenges.

There are distinct signs of a suicidal mentality. Writing suicidal fiction isn't one i remember from my suicide hotline training.

I'm not one to diagnose over the internet, though. If you're really worried find a professional and ask. They shoudl eb able to set you straight if you are or are not.

I agree. Critics often read too much into a piece. You shouldn't make the same mistake.

Totally offtopic, but I agree so much!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand critics >_>

Though you didn't say that. They're always like "yes, most people wouldn't have noticed the parallel between the stone in the beginning and the one at the end." And I'll be like STFU!!!!!

Guest Skiler

Cool because I always write stuff like that... I don't know what's in my head when I write but it allways goes to Blood, guts, pain, and all that I love it though *Smiles*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadameCookoo

In my opinion people write characters based on all different apsects of themselves and so if you, for example, write a suicidal character, in my opinion it does not mean that it has to be interpretated as a literal part of yourself. I think that characters are developed from the many different complex aspects of our personas (foundationally) and then built up upon from other areas, so a literal interpretation of a character such as your example would in my opinion be taking things at face value. I think that observing similar traits in different characters in similar situations you have created in different stories would provide you with a bigger clue as to what subconciously motivates you! (Sorry if I'm rambling- I'm in a rush- I hope this makes sense!)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah that's getting WAY to psychologically involved with a character.

Orson Scott Card (my all time fave author) wrote a story about a man like himself, living in a situation similar to one Card once lived in, whose oldest child is murdered after being molested.

Does that mean that Card secretly wishes that would happen to his child? Nope. It means that he's a great writer, who can seperate himself and go into weird, sick fantasy worlds where any amount of deplorable craptastic stuff can happen.

• 2 months later...
Guest pontaloon

people don't necessarily put what they want into their writting. it could just be like "what would have happened to me if i had to go through this"

i actually wrote a story for my french class years ago about a girl who killed herself (which made my teacher freak out a little) and i have no desire to kill myself. im just exercising my writing abilities