Click Here!

Can't login to the archive...

kireinakittie

Hi!

So as the topic suggests, I'm trying to update a fic but I'm having trouble logging in to the archive.

When I put in my email address and password it just kind of 'refreshes' but doesn't log in.

I know without a doubt that I'm using the right email address and I've tried resetting the password twice but it just keeps doing the same thing :(

Help!

Okay. We can fix this.

If you reset the password to the same thing, it blanks the field, so make sure you reset using a brand new password, at least 8 letter or numbers long.

But that might not be the issue. What I find helps is to clear your browser's cache, log out of AFF, close the browser entirely, restart the browser, and log in to AFF using the upper right hand fields only. The center field don't work and can cause the error you're getting.

Try that, and see if it works. If not, let us know and tell us exactly what happens, and we'll sort this out. :)

Ok, so, I did all of those things, and no luck :(

I reset my password again to something new, at least 8 characters long.

Then I cleared all the browsing data, cookies, etc from the beginning of time and closed the browser.

Restarted the browser, navigated to the archive, typed my email address in the top right login box, typed my new password, clicked login and it just did the same thing as before :(

I feel like there is something really silly I'm overlooking, but for the life of me I don't know what!

I'm showing you as pending, which usually means that you haven't activated under the new archive code. If you did start that process, you may have missed the validation email that's sent to you to complete the activation. It sometimes winds up in the Spam or Junk folder.

If you need a new activation email sent, you can use this link.

If you haven't yet registered under the updated archive code, you can use this link for instructions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.