Click Here!

Leaving a Review

Milky

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if someone can answer this question for me since it seems that there have been some changes.

I've pretty much stopped leaving reviews except for here and there and just yesterday I felt obligated to leave a review for a certain story however I said I must be logged in. I thought, 'no problem' and promptly did then clicked back. However, it still says I must login in order to leave a review. I've tried it again in other browsers but the same issue came up.

Can someone please tell me what steps do I need to do in order to leave a review on a story? That would be greatly appreciated since I searched around on the forums and haven't found an answer.

Thanks again and I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

If the story in question has been set not to accept anonymous reviews, then yes, the reviewer must be logged in.

The archive code is in the process of being rewritten, and in order to implement changes without disrupting the entire archive, certain features have been disabled. One of those features is author control over anonymous reviews. Currently, the default is to disallow anonymous reviews, but our tech admin runs a daily query to allow anonymous reviews unless the author has requested that they be disallowed. So, my best guess is that the author whose story you're trying to review has asked that anonymous reviews be disallowed on their stories.

I'm showing you as logged in. I would suggest logging out, clearing your cache, closing the browser completely after clearing the cache, and then restarting it and logging back in using the upper right fields. That often clears any errors and allows normal function again.

If that doesn't work, please let us know, and hopefully our tech admin will have a solution. :)

Thank you so much for your responses :D

I finally got it to work. I think the solution was to log in via Member Tools first then log in from the upper right.

Initially, I opted to log in via clicking the blue link in the review section that looks like this:
MznDvtF.jpg

And when I clicked BACK it didn't work nor did it work when I logged in that way and clicked Originals and found the story again.

Thank you again and hopefully this will help others who have similar problems when it comes to reviewing.

Edited by Milky

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.