Click Here!

BigMan7307's Spot

BigMan7307

We did, mostly because it was close enough that the flies were a bitch the rest of the weekend. I think a lot was her paranoia over the stalkers, but, then again, she called me into the bathroom once to squish a spider on the far side of the room.

Honestly, I boxed myself in, By 1760, the French were already established in the New World, on the mainland (Louisiana Purchase territories)as well as a few countries in South America (French Guyana). I guess I kinda messed myself up on that part, but, it could make for interesting plot twists. The hard part is that the French were pseudo allies during the Revolutionary war to the Colonies. I would put it around 1780ish. Being able to kinda fudge facts is about the only convenient part to writing it as fiction.

Bigman this is your replay to my post about the time frame of the story. I like it. The only reason that I caught the timeframe error is that I am a history buff and being retired Navy I had to learn about the wooden hull navy going through boot camp along with the modern navy.

I enjoyed the sail rigger days of our history. I have been on the oldest sailing ship still on the navy rolls and the one in Baltimore harbor. (Consutation and Constallation) They are impressive ships even to this day.

I agree that fiction is neat and gives a writer leeway with their stories. Rifle cannons might have been in that time frame but really did not make a show until the civil war with the iron clad ships.

Keep up the good work and will be waiting for future chapters on this great story.

its an alternate universe....yeah thay's it! should bring the DC multiverse crowd in :P

Sometimes they need us more when they grow up than they did when they were young.

if it wasn't for spiders, i'd have been replaced by a credit card long ago, sigh - poor me! ;)

You may want to get a voice to text program, I have a feeling there may be a couple broken arms involved in that one, lol

I really gotta slow down, I guess I may gotta send them all out to sea for a while, but, hmmm, leave Taylor at home, or no?

Between you Magus and Angeldust I have some good reading material for the holidays. Yes let Taylor sail with Chris. Remember there were female privateers (pirates) in the old wooden sailing days. She might turn out to be a fairly good captain, I know that she is going to make a very good first mate if you know what I mean.

Enjoyed the chapter. I told you that she would not let him go back to sea without her unless they had children take care of.

Keep the story coming as it is fun to read and I will be waiting to see where you take the story to.

She was about 15 about the time of that incident.

Is she the one that you wrote in the story of KB and me. Read the story it was very well written, just sorry about the way that it ended. I hoped that you did something about the ass that caused her so much pain and finally resulting in her death. Like I said sorry about your lose. Just keep writing more uplifting stories like the privateer. Have a happy holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Big Man, hope that you and your family had a great holiday and hope that this year brings you good luck in what ever you plan to do. Like I said I really enjoyed your writing and am waiting for newer updates to your story. Best of luck from one proud navy member to another one.

And pooping in a bucket and eating rotted food and getting whipped and...

Come on you mean that you have never pooped in a bucket out in the field or eat food that was rotting to keep alive or got your ass whipped. Come on I know that we have in our job defending this country and some times I even enjoyed it. Where else can you shot back at the person whipping your butt and show them what to do with a poop bucket after using it. I really miss those days. But like I said the one in my life that I love the most said enough was enough of the bad dreams the leaving her alone for days and months and I loved her so much that when I shattered the right ankle I told her I was retiring to be with her forever. Almost lost her in 2001 and again in 2006, but the great one in the sky said to go home that she was not finished treating me with love and pashion. She also said that the powers in the sky told her tht she could kick my butt whenever she wanted to and I must love her even more. I have for every day since them. And I will continue to do so. Hope you had a great holiday.

Karma has actually done a great job of taking care of him really, last I knew, he was having some pretty serious legal problems and would be visiting "Bubba" in the big house for a few years. He also hadn't been able to have any kind of a relationship with anyone since her as well, apparently something about seeing her every time he closed his eyes.

The holidays were good, cold, but, good. Still working on the next chapter, still not positive how I should take it.

A great writer once told me that to make it a little better story, the good guys gotta lose a little too, or then it's way too unbelievable, yeah, it's fiction, but, I try to keep it at least a little plausible. I'm hoping by the weekend, I'll be posting the next chapter, .

I hope all had a good and safe holidays. To the one with the "monkey" you'll miss her when she's gone, but, think how much you laughed when she was there, that'll make it a little easier to tide you over til you see her again.

It is nice to hear that the dirt bag is going to meet with Bubba in the big house. Would be poetic justice if it was found out what he did to her. The really do not like people in the big house you hurt children.

It is nice that Magus RW problems have been settled.

Will be awaiting the next chapter. True in real life the hero does take a hit. Keep up the good story telling.

Sorry it took so God awful long to post this one, the holidays really put a crimp in the time allotted, it's shorter than the rest, and honestly i'm not sure that I will add more yet. I won't list it as complete, just kind of consider it a bit of a work in progress. I did kind of button up a few loose ends, but, also left it open for further exploration when time permits. Thank you all for the positive feedback and hopefully the muse catches me to continue as well as time permitting me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.