Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Guest PatPatriot

I agree that Alan seems to be distant with Amanda, but it could also be in spite because of how she treated him when she was with Sam.

I think that Alan treating Amanda like a nuisance could be caused by his own insecurities. I think he is afraid he might accidendally call out Amandas name while having sex with Kelly. So he basically is projecting his own fear and frustration over it on Amanda.

This would be the ultimate SHTF scenario which is why I'm pretty sure Jashley will go down that particular rabbit hole

Guest PatPatriot

Or we don't get the pipe bomb and have to wait for the climactic moment of the next saga.

Or Jashley could drop the entire bomb story arc (pun intended ;) ) altogether, 'cause it's WAY over top and beyond soap opera cheesy!

Besides, there has been too much violence already and I don't think the story needs that particular kind of drama with all the terrorism implications...

Guest PatPatriot

I think Jack deserves a break! Give him a break, let him see the sunshine for once and enjoy life a little bit! He is a teenager for cryin' out loud! Life in your teens is supposed to be way less difficult than it has been for him for as long as we know him!

I think Jack deserves a break! Give him a break, let him see the sunshine for once and enjoy life a little bit!

I think you're missing a key observation-- Jack was born to suffer. He is a modern-day Don Quixote and his White Knight personality is what keeps getting him in trouble. Until he stops trying to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders not much will change, except that he might lose Kayla.

Guest Cra$h73

I think Jack needs to spend a little time being a bit of a jerk to everybody but kayla, and here's why. He has like Chester57 said had this White Knight complex for too long and it has caused him nothing but trouble. I think it's time he adopted the "it's not my problem" philosophy when it comes to other peoples problems and just not be helpful at all. It will make his life less stressful and maybe even make him realize that he is not needed to be the White Knight. So he needs to be a jerk for a bit not a big one but enough to show people he is done with caring about other people's problems. Also on a tangent the thing with kayla cutting him off from sex and then him breaking down and crying, I think had more to do with the no sex thing being the straw that broke the camels back and less about him being cutoff. I mean all of the crap he went through with everything piling on top of him one right after the other I'm surprised he didn't break down crying sooner, so hopefully he won't be too resentful towards kayla but you never know.

You know what the end of Chapter 51 reminded me of? That's right-- the end of Chapter One. That was the last time Jack really broke down and cried his eyes out. He had just found out that Craig and Kayla were a couple and also witnessed (through a keyhole) his siblings having sex. That was a low point but things started to get better after his dad gave him some advice on how to win Kayla's heart. I have a funny feeling that it will be Amanda who saves Jack's bacon this time.

Guest Ice_farmer

I'm in the camp somethings definitely going to go down at Craig's after party. You only need a ticket to get in which Jack might be able to get from someone else. He still can't go to prom but if Craig tells the bouncer anyone with a ticket gets in, I don't see that as a large obstacle. Now whether it will lead to something good (like stopping a pipe bomb or a Kayla and Becca mud wrestling match) or more likely more shit for Jack (confrontation with Craig or somehow running into Rhona before Kayla and getting some dagger stares) who knows.

I'm thinking the next saga will involve Rhona to some degree. Maybe she'll want to have another dance with Jack since he couldn't go to prom. Plus the convention they'll have to go to I can see being a powder keg on many fronts. Kayka could get jealous, Rhona could still be pissed at Jack, there could be some unknown characters fawning over either of them. Looking forward to what's in store.

Guest PatPatriot

Off topic idea for anyone who wants to participate:

If you had to re-name this story, what is your title for it?

My so-called Life - trials and tribulations of a goody two-shoes too good to be true teenager ;)

I'm in the camp somethings definitely going to go down at Craig's after party.

Definitely. Even if the Old Gin Rummy is closed for the after-party, they still have a liquor license so I'm sure a hundred or more high school students in a bar will pretty much guarantee a close police presence. Craig lucked out big-time that no one was busted for alcohol at his Halloween party. I doubt he'll be so fortunate this time around.

Guest Ice_Farmer

Jashley's version:

Sisyphus meets the girl with the green hair bow

ThisMy's version:

The ultimate showdown of walrus destiny

Guest Dark

The mis-adventures of Jack...and co.

Guest Cra$h73

Jack and the terrible horrible no good very bad multiple situations I get myself into that blow up in my face.

High School Kinda Sucks: the Autobiography of Jack Matthew Harrison

Guest Dark

High School Kinda Sucks: the Autobiography of Jack Matthew Harrison

High School (and later on, College) Kind of Sucks: the Autobiography of Jack Harrison (Beta-ed by Kayla)

My so-called Life - trials and tribulations of a goody two-shoes too good to be true teenager ;)

I think many teenagers have the same kind of heart as Jack (hating to see others hurting, wanting to do something to help) and many also fuck it up as well as he does too. It would unrealistic not that he wanted to, but if he always succeeded.

High School (and later on, College) Kind of Sucks: the Autobiography of Jack Harrison (Beta-ed by Kayla)

You know, it did. At the same time I had a lot of fun. I remember watching Happy days on TV and thinking that someday I could write about the things I did as a teenager.

Nearly 40 years later, here I am.

I think many teenagers have the same kind of heart as Jack (hating to see others hurting, wanting to do something to help) and many also fuck it up as well as he does too. It would unrealistic not that he wanted to, but if he always succeeded.

I remember watching Happy days on TV and thinking that someday I could write about the things I did as a teenager.

Nearly 40 years later, here I am.

Speaking of that, I always thought the first two or three seasons of Happy Days were the best-- back when the title song was "Rock Around The Clock." Later years were still watchable until the infamous 'jump the shark' episode. Jack certainly isn't as goody-two-shoes as Richie Cunningham was-- it was the '50s, after all-- but the similarity between the two is obvious.

I wonder what Richie would have done about a prostitution ring at Jefferson High? Or what if Joanie had ever wanted sex with him? Oh, hell-- let's not go there. :blush:

Or what if Joanie had ever wanted sex with him? Oh, hell-- let's not go there. :blush:

I work with a guy from Korea who told me that "Joanie Loves Chachi" was one of the favorite TV shows over there as 차지 'chaji' is Korean slang for 'dick'

Edited by Joe Long

I work with a guy from Korea who told me that "Joanie Loves Chachi" was one of the favorite TV shows over there as 차지 'chaji' is Korean slang for 'dick'

"Joanie Loves 'Dick'?" Yes, that was a memorable spin-off.

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lateness on this but here's the Reality Check:

I got nothing.

That's not to say that individual bits weren't borrowed from real life or real life reactions, but major events? None in this chapter. Everything was kind of grown out of a situation that was only based on something that actually happened, ergo all of that had to be invented. So no Reality Check this time.

However, I am plugging away at the next chapter, the final chapter in the Voyeur Saga, and boy am I ready to be moving on, as I'm sure you all are. As I'm sure the characters are as well.

Look for updates and I hope you're all well :)

Does anyone think that Kayla's 3-month sex ban is a good idea or will it blow up in her face? It seemed to me that for Kayla to use Jack's age to justify her actions was stretching things a bit. Does she think that her 'second chance/ no sex' policy will stay a secret? Jack won't say anything, but both Amanda and Hannah-- not to mention Mary Hannigan-- will soon know that something is wrong.

I wish we had a number of female contributors on this forum to give their opinions on this matter-- unless, of course, Dr. Fitzsimmons wants to weigh in.

Does anyone think that Kayla's 3-month sex ban is a good idea or will it blow up in her face? It seemed to me that for Kayla to use Jack's age to justify her actions was stretching things a bit. Does she think that her 'second chance/ no sex' policy will stay a secret? Jack won't say anything, but both Amanda and Hannah-- not to mention Mary Hannigan-- will soon know that something is wrong.

I wish we had a number of female contributors on this forum to give their opinions on this matter-- unless, of course, Dr. Fitzsimmons wants to weigh in.

I figure it will blow up. Remember when, in the Summer Saga, how, after two or so weeks of no sex after the awkwardness of the three some, Jack blew up at her. This could be worse as Jack has nearly everyone piling on him for his fuck up in trying to help someone who, even if she was in danger, probably wouldn't be thankful. Apparently the friendship between Jack and Belle sailed as when he did tell her, she basically said in not so many words, "I know we haven't been on the best of terms, but fuck you for trying to help me". Sure, she wasn't actually in danger, but how could Jack know that as, since November, Belle's been rather cold to him and Kayla. With how bad the prostitution ring blew up in Jack's face (could get worse later) as well as everyone berating him and memories from the last time he tried to help someone close to him and how that ended up getting him punished, Jack may just snap and say, "fuck all of you. I tried to help you and you fuck me over for it. Well, no more. Help your fucking selves." or something to that effect. Also, as a long time ago, people mentioned the pipe bomb and Amanda getting caught up as crossfire. I figure if that happened, Alan would be the first to blame Jack and Jack may end up moving in with Tara as he wouldn't want to stay in a home where he has nearly everyone down his throat. The last part probably may not happen but even so, Jack could snap and it could turn ugly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.