Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

You know, just when I start to feel proud of my own writing, I come here and read another chapter of SITO and think, "I am not worthy."

Jashley does the exposition so well, be able to go on for a few paragraphs just dumping thoughts, and yet it works.

• But i'm guessing Kayla is over exaggerating that to just not want to have sex with Jack, as she probably feels she needs a 'break' from him or something.
  • Amanda is the sole bright spot in Jack's life right now. .

Amanda makes another move on Jack? They snuggle up on the couch to watch a movie or something, and she kisses his cheek or runs her hand up his thigh. He hasn't had any for awhile, so of course he gets hard even if he fights it

Edited by Joe Long

Guest Dark

Amanda makes another move on Jack? They snuggle up on the couch to watch a movie or something, and she kisses his cheek or runs her hand up his thigh. He hasn't had any for awhile, so of course he gets hard even if he fights it

That does seem possible, especially as since he started sleeping with Kelly, Alan has been blowing her off and even throwing it in her face. She may consider him a lost cause, and may think that, as I've mentioned prior, that Alan only wanted her back for sex and now he's getting it from Kelly, she's just the prior flavor. Plus the breakup from Sam and what happened after hasn't helped much. He'll, Jack doesn't even need to say in a fit of anger and stress, her relationship failures were her fault. She could come to the same conclusion and scream it to Alan that he was using her for sex and saying more things she'd regret, prompting Alan to say things he'd regret also, making more drama Jack would end up having to deal with aside from the fallout of his misguided crusade. Plus, wondering if Don would have someone take care of Jack, maybe via pipe bomb, as he'd blame him for getting him arrested.

Guest The Bees Knees

Goddamn Jashley, you really know how to make your readers hate the main character of your story. Absolutely superb chapter. Glad to have guessed that Don's name was a fake one :smartass: .

Since everyone's talking about the age of consent issue, thought I'd chime in. I believe most states have a close in age exception so that the issue of a 17 and 18 year old together isn't a big deal. Besides, who's going to report Jack and Kayla? And unless a cop is being super pedantic about the age of consent (in a state where the age is 18), no 17 and 18 year old couple is going to be prosecuted. It seems to me that Kayla is using the technicality of their relationship being illegal to almost playfully punish Jack.

And now, back to the theories.

Officer Renault's "I don't want to come across your name again" to Jack seems like some foreshadowing to me. Whenever the pipe bomb occurs I get the feeling that Officer Renault will be involved in the investigation.

I'm now highly suspicious of Matt. Depending on the timeline of the investigation, Don and his goons were arrested either the next day after the police talked to Matt or two days after. That's very fast moving, especially since they had no hard evidence prior (at least that's what I gathered from the school conversation) to Matt. I think Matt might have been involved in some way other than being a customer. In chapter 49 when Matt tells Jack about the ring he seems to know Don's name. He also is able to recommend Jack as a customer, which doesn't seem very likely after only one visit with Don. And now that Matt hates Jack he could be looking for some kind of revenge. Very interesting to see where this leads.

Guest Dark

Building off of several other posts, I have a way in which Jack can make things worse. Considering how, in his mind, Jack believes he is being punished for trying to help people yet again, he may, considering how his parents and siblings (father and brother mostly) are not letting him really live what he did down, and his girlfriend withholding sex from him as well as Belle's final (hopefully) fuck off to Jack, he could snap at, for example his family and remind them of how when he tried to help the twins, he ended up suffering for it. He could say to either or both twin that they were a massive waste of his time and, possibly spitefully to Amanda, say that the only reason Alan wanted her back was so he could have sex again then also throw in her face that, since Alan and Kelly are together, there's no reason for him to even want Amanda. Basically, Jack would say she was Alan's convenient "fuck-buddy" and nothing else. This can be supported by how, since Alan and Kelly started having sex, Alan's basically pushed Amanda to the side, even acting like she's an annoyance. Basically, Jack could make shit worse just so that way he can have other people be miserable as he is, though maybe not intentionally. Sorry if this seems disjointed.

Guest The Bees Knees

Building off of several other posts, I have a way in which Jack can make things worse. Considering how, in his mind, Jack believes he is being punished for trying to help people yet again, he may, considering how his parents and siblings (father and brother mostly) are not letting him really live what he did down, and his girlfriend withholding sex from him as well as Belle's final (hopefully) fuck off to Jack, he could snap at, for example his family and remind them of how when he tried to help the twins, he ended up suffering for it. He could say to either or both twin that they were a massive waste of his time and, possibly spitefully to Amanda, say that the only reason Alan wanted her back was so he could have sex again then also throw in her face that, since Alan and Kelly are together, there's no reason for him to even want Amanda. Basically, Jack would say she was Alan's convenient "fuck-buddy" and nothing else. This can be supported by how, since Alan and Kelly started having sex, Alan's basically pushed Amanda to the side, even acting like she's an annoyance. Basically, Jack could make shit worse just so that way he can have other people be miserable as he is, though maybe not intentionally. Sorry if this seems disjointed.

I agree that Alan seems to be distant with Amanda, but it could also be in spite because of how she treated him when she was with Sam. Jack can absolutely make things much worse for himself, but it generally seems that at the end of each saga the major problems are resolved and only minor ones carry over. I would put destroying his family relationship under the category of major problem so I'm not expecting it to happen.

I agree that Alan seems to be distant with Amanda, but it could also be in spite because of how she treated him when she was with Sam. Jack can absolutely make things much worse for himself, but it generally seems that at the end of each saga the major problems are resolved and only minor ones carry over. I would put destroying his family relationship under the category of major problem so I'm not expecting it to happen.

Unless, you know, jashley titles the next saga the "now you'll fucking hate Jack more" saga.

Edit: to be fair, I don't hate Jack. I see in him someone misguided and a person whose made a shit ton of mistakes. Not unlike me.

Edited by thismy

Guest Starkz

The character Jack is such a masterpiece.
You visibly cringe while reading the tough parts, because even if you don't want to, you end up feeling what he's feeling. At least I do.

I take Kayla at her word. She said Jack is a little messed up in the head over sex and she believes putting him in 'time out' may be what's needed for him to reset. Now, that doesn't mean things always work according to plan.

Also, I get conflicting answers when googling about age of consent int he state of their residence. There's a close in age exception, but it seems to be for minors, leaving the 18th birthday as a bright line than can't be crossed. Perhaps Jack will pedantically look it up and confront whine and beg Kayla.

I take Kayla at her word. She said Jack is a little messed up in the head over sex and she believes putting him in 'time out' may be what's needed for him to reset. Now, that doesn't mean things always work according to plan.

Also, I get conflicting answers when googling about age of consent int he state of their residence. There's a close in age exception, but it seems to be for minors, leaving the 18th birthday as a bright line than can't be crossed. Perhaps Jack will pedantically look it up and confront whine and beg Kayla.

That means we look to a few more sexless chapters, unless Jack goes peeping. Or we get a "three months later." Which I don't think is coming. Prom should be a big plot point. The sexless chapters I'm a-ok with. In this case, it's no sex that's (hopefully) advancing character dev. I'm looking to see Jack grow up a fair amount. In many ways, he's quite mature, but of course, he's also still fairly immature. Not in the most classic way, but we all know jack has his "why me" and "I know what's right" problems.

As an overview of my thoughts on the chapter:

I'm glad that Jack was able to at least see that he's a pathetic piece of shit. That seems harsh, and I'm not a massive critic, because I can sympathize some, but still, he needs to get his stuff together.

Kayla continues to become a more powerful character, especially with her age advantage. Something that Jack is no doubt a little bitter about.

I think the way Craig reacted to Jack's outburst was quite telling. Craig still looks heavily to Jack for approval. He doesn't act like it, but he admires and looks up to him. It at least, that's how I interpret it. He first told Jack about his plans at president, even before Becca if I can recall.

I think as Bruce mentioned that a return of a lost character or the introduction of a new one would be interesting. I've always been a fan of the return Brad. Hopefully as a friend, but either way it'd be neat to see him come back. My

He also had a point about Kayla looking at other guys. I don't see this as a possibility, if the threesome was any teller. I don't see them as the open/cuck relationship type. Who knows, maybe Kayla meets a sensitive, handsome, animal loving man at work how makes her weak. But I don't see Kayla as that type of person. In my opinion, she's always been the stronger one in the relationship, but of course we know all Jack's secrets, but we don't know Kayla's. It'd be real ironic if Kayla had trust issues but she has a couple of bombshell secrets shes been keeping after all her advocacy for transparency.

Amanda's affections are making me wary. I was never a fan of the incest plot in this particular story, and I'm not looking to a return of it, but come what may.

Jack's in a pretty tough spot over all. A big redeemer would be him maybe thwarting a pipe bomb attempt.

I don't think Kayla would be prone to wander, but that doesn't mean Jack wouldn't jump to any (more) poor conclusions

She has told him no sex for three months

There is some strain in their relationship, and she had threatened him with breakup

She has a job where she sees coworkers and customers that Jack doesn't know much or anything about

Jack is severely doubting himself right now. He is not confident of the future. It would not be a stretch for Jack to get suspicious of Kayla, even if she's done nothing.

One thing I hate about sports broadcasters is they always assume there must be a 'story'. Every event must have meaning, something for them to explain. They seem not to accept the idea that events can happen at random, with no ulterior motives. Sometimes there just is no 'why.'

In that way, anytime Kayla doesn't call or stop over as often as Jack wants, or says she's busy or not available, will he brush it off or insists there must be a 'why'?

Edited by Joe Long

Guest Guest

Amanda's affections are making me wary. I was never a fan of the incest plot in this particular story, and I'm not looking to a return of it, but come what may.

Jack's in a pretty tough spot over all. A big redeemer would be him maybe thwarting a pipe bomb attempt.

I too am wary of Amanda. I've been thinking for the past couple chapters that she might be interested in Jack again. If she finds out about the no sex punishment Kayla's enforcing, Amanda might try to make a move. Along the same lines, Rhona might make a move on Jack too. I don't remember when the convention is, but if it's before Jack turns 18, uh oh, BIG red flag there. Rhona will 110% find out about the punishment and as I've seen others conjecture as well she seems to have a peculiar interest in Jack.

Has anyone else thought about the pipe bomb as a kind of redeemer? Thanks thismy, this actually sparked a theory when I read it. Prom and Craig's party will be a big plot point coming up. We've always been discussing the possibility of the pipe bomb going off, but what if it never does? What if Jack is the hero who saves the day by alerting everyone of the danger? It might be at the prom or Craig's party.

Or we don't get the pipe bomb and have to wait for the climactic moment of the next saga.

I'd really love to know what sort of evidence the police have on Don and his enforcers if they felt confident enough to arrest them without filing the assault charges for Jack's beating. Possibly they were close to a solid case due to informants and/or video surveillance, but then Jack blew it for them. The police then had no choice but to arrest Don before he disappeared. In any case, Jack shouldn't take this like a whipped dog. He may have acted like a jerk but he didn't deserve what happened.

Know what Jack should do? Hire a lawyer and then kick open the door to the principal's office. "Nichols, you spineless wimp-- either let me go to the prom or Johnnie Cochran here will file a civil suit against you and the school board for my emotional and physical damages which occurred on school property and were caused by a criminal organization you knew to be operating at Brow Ridge. You don't want to hear about me during my senior year? Trust me, pal-- I'm all you're gonna hear about."

Well, that's the way I would write it. :)

I'd really love to know what sort of evidence the police have on Don and his enforcers if they felt confident enough to arrest them without filing the assault charges for Jack's beating. Possibly they were close to a solid case due to informants and/or video surveillance, but then Jack blew it for them. The police then had no choice but to arrest Don before he disappeared. In any case, Jack shouldn't take this like a whipped dog. He may have acted like a jerk but he didn't deserve what happened.

Know what Jack should do? Hire a lawyer and then kick open the door to the principal's office. "Nichols, you spineless wimp-- either let me go to the prom or Johnnie Cochran here will file a civil suit against you and the school board for my emotional and physical damages which occurred on school property and were caused by a criminal organization you knew to be operating at Brow Ridge. You don't want to hear about me during my senior year? Trust me, pal-- I'm all you're gonna hear about."

Well, that's the way I would write it. :)

That's actually a really good idea. Jack should have a decent amount of forensic evidence along with his testament that could easily do them in for assault as well. The fact that the school knew about the operation, didn't shut it down, and had a student harmed on school property sounds like a pretty big legal liability now that I think about it. Jack could lawyer up and get that out pretty easily. And they can't use his admission to taking part in the prostitution in a way because he wasn't being arrested. He would've had to been read his rights, if I understand the law correctly. I doubt his parents would let him do it though. They'd probably have to pay and they don't want to stir up trouble.

"My client, Mr. Jack Harrison, was not only beaten up on school property, but unjustly punished for said incident. As an institution that has a legal responsibility to protect its student and be aware of happenings on their property, Brow Ridge is completely liable for this incident. Not only this, but they had the knowledge, along with the police department, that this organization was operating, and by not stopping it earlier, allowed further harms to take place. You must rescind Jack's punishment as well as push for assault charges or face a law suit."

I think Jack would have a case that he was hurt because the school and police didn't stop things soon enough. They'd argue that he could have avoided his beating by not acting on his own, regardless of what they did or didn't do. Even if they didn't arrest jack or read him his rights, they can go back any time they want to, it doesn't preclude them. Jack could file his own complaint against "Don", state that the police know his real name, and even if Jack didn't know the enforcers, he could put them with Don in the van.

In short, if Jack wanted to pursue this, it could make the school look worse than it does already. He might be able to threaten them into allowing him back into the prom, but he wouldn't make any friends in the principal's office.

In short, if Jack wanted to pursue this, it could make the school look worse than it does already. He might be able to threaten them into allowing him back into the prom, but he wouldn't make any friends in the principal's office.

No, it wouldn't. It also would not help him with Kayla or his folks. Craig would also distance himself. Ah well. it seemed like a good idea.

Guest Alexander

Wow, what a climactic chapter. Things are really looking down for Jack right now. Matter of fact, things have been looking down for Jack for a while. Like, a really, really, REALLY long while.

Okay, I really have to ask; when is Jack going to have a panic attack? Seriously, I know he's young and healthy, but with all the stress that's piled onto him in such a short amount of time, he's gotta have some sort of issues by now. Breaking down and crying will definitely help loosen the emotions, but again, one can only take so much stress until they eventually crack, and I'd say that Jack is way, waaaaaaaaaaay overdue for his crack.

So, seriously. When is all the stress gonna catch up to him and knock him flat on his ass?

So, seriously. When is all the stress gonna catch up to him and knock him flat on his ass?

It will depend on how things go with Kayla. That three month time-out is going to test Jack to his limits and a lot could happen. For instance, what if Kayla is really hurt and decides to accept an invitation to the prom just to teach him a lesson? That would be extreme and more than enough to make Jack crack like an egg.

For some reason, the story isn't appearing like it usually does! the story page with the new usual link to his story has just vanished. is anyone having this problem

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.