Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Forgive me for these slight spoilers: Alan's being an ass and ignoring Amanda for Kelly. Most would say, "So what?". The "so what?" is, for those who remember, something similar happened earlier in the story. i can't help but feel that history will repeat itself in a manner.

Forgive me for these slight spoilers: Alan's being an ass and ignoring Amanda for Kelly. Most would say, "So what?". The "so what?" is, for those who remember, something similar happened earlier in the story. i can't help but feel that history will repeat itself in a manner.

I mentioned about skimming the early chapters. I had saved them in Word files, chapter by chapter, but for easier searching I started to combine them by saga (three done so far). I also mentioned about the twins being one of my least favorite story lines.

Not that I don't like some good brother/sister action! Maybe it was the twin's saga, which was freshest in my mind, and it still seems unrealistic that by age 15 or 16 Alan & Amanda were in the same bedroom. However, reading back through the first couple of chapters, Amanda trying to seduce Jack was really hot.

I don't recall getting into a lot of detail of how she and Alan started, but refreshing my memory on her pursuit of Jack makes me think Amanda might be a brick or two short of a full load, in that she really has some unresolved issues with being 'loved' and 'wanted' which she has translated into sexual aggressiveness. I can imagine she probably just took Alan at some point, much like she tried with Jack later.

So yes, that still has relevance 'today', especially as there's a good chance that she hasn't been intimate with a guy since October (or earlier), unless she's just been jumping into random relationships (like Megan in BMS) Typing that made me ponder how Amanda might be sleeping around without her family and friends noticing, and I thought she could be hooking up with older guys online - college or even married guys. If she feels rebellious about her dad taking away Alan and forcing her into a relationship with Sam, maybe she's getting her 'revenge' by offering her hot little 16 year old body to 35 and 40 year old dads around town. (meet me at the mall!)

Edited by Joe Long

OK, no spoilers yet, gotta give people time to read.

Thought it was really good, shorter than I expected and...Harper! hell yeah!

some notes -

when is this? what, four months? Five months later? but was 2nd day back at school, plus the weather I was thinking just after New Year's (y'know, it's been awhile since the last chapter - but I didn't think we did Valentine's Day yet)

I wrote the above comments about Amanda before reading the chapter, but yeah, something's up with her too. Reminded me of "The Babysitters" with all the female friends. Which reminds me...Rhona AND Rhonda??

They still have Spakler??

typos -

would be easier that hoping I came across her reckon should be 'than'

apparently called Belle Becca -
Jessica, who had had the good sense to take a few steps back while I talked to Becca, walked forward, giving me an apologetic look.

Edited by Joe Long

Thought it was really good, shorter than I expected and...Harper! hell yeah!

I wrote the above comments about Amanda before reading the chapter, but yeah, something's up with her too. Reminded me of "The Babysitters" with all the female friends. Which reminds me...Rhona AND Rhonda??

I liked it and I think I know what Jack is planning. He needs a piece of evidence and it will be interesting to see how he gets it.

Can't figure what's going on with Amanda right now. I don't think she's getting porked by random guys since Alan says she hasn't been hanging out with Helena's group as much and Jack noted that she's spending more and more time at home. Hannah didn't seem concerned so maybe she knows something. Jack's remark about her "next boyfriend" certainly didn't help matters. Maybe Amanda really is giving up on guys if she can't have one of her brothers.

Edited by Chester57

I mentioned about skimming the early chapters. I had saved them in Word files, chapter by chapter, but for easier searching I started to combine them by saga (three done so far). I also mentioned about the twins being one of my least favorite story lines.

Not that I don't like some good brother/sister action! Maybe it was the twin's saga, which was freshest in my mind, and it still seems unrealistic that by age 15 or 16 Alan & Amanda were in the same bedroom. However, reading back through the first couple of chapters, Amanda trying to seduce Jack was really hot.

I don't recall getting into a lot of detail of how she and Alan started, but refreshing my memory on her pursuit of Jack makes me think Amanda might be a brick or two short of a full load, in that she really has some unresolved issues with being 'loved' and 'wanted' which she has translated into sexual aggressiveness. I can imagine she probably just took Alan at some point, much like she tried with Jack later.

So yes, that still has relevance 'today', especially as there's a good chance that she hasn't been intimate with a guy since October (or earlier), unless she's just been jumping into random relationships (like Megan in BMS) Typing that made me ponder how Amanda might be sleeping around without her family and friends noticing, and I thought she could be hooking up with older guys online - college or even married guys. If she feels rebellious about her dad taking away Alan and forcing her into a relationship with Sam, maybe she's getting her 'revenge' by offering her hot little 16 year old body to 35 and 40 year old dads around town. (meet me at the mall!)

Speaking of her pursuit of Jack and the fact that the handcuffs were mentioned earlier in the Summer Saga, i can't shake the sinking feeling that she'll try to do to Alan what she did with Jack. And as Alan is ignoring Amanda for Kelly like she ignored him for Sam, history seems like it'll repeat itself. Plus, am wondering what will happen with the pipe bomb issue.

Plus, am wondering what will happen with the pipe bomb issue.

I have a theory about the pipe bomb, but I'll keep it to myself for now as it's based on a single fact in the story.

I have a theory about the pipe bomb, but I'll keep it to myself for now as it's based on a single fact in the story.

Oh, I've got a lot of theories, especially ones around the pipe bomb. But it's been a while since I read the earlier chapters, so they aren't really based on specific facts.

Edited by thismy

I was thinking again about Amanda - her acts in the early chapters and how she reacted to Jack in the most recent.

Alan was taken from her and now is wrapped up in Kelly and pays little attention to Amanda. She had Sam but he cheated on her - with another guy. As she pleaded to Jack in Book 1, "What's wrong with me?"

She wants to be loved, and has looked for it in sex. She craves commitment, to know the other person will always there. Over the past year and a half she has seen the strong relationship that Jack and Kayla have, the kind she wants - and then Jack, in Amanda's eyes, refuses to commit to Kayla. She's probably thinking, "Are all guys asses? Is there any one of them who will want to stay with me?"

I threw out a theory up the page, but what if Amanda really is secretly seeing someone. Maybe an older guy who promised he'd leave his wife and run away with her - and she believed it. But then Jack reminds her that even her brother won't make a promise to Kayla.

Hey everyone. So, I had to make a slight change to something in the chapter. I really did want Belle's last name to be Harper...but it didn't end up working out. See, if that was her last name, she'd be in the Home Room class with Kayla, Joe, and Jack. After all, 'Harper' is between 'Hannigan' and 'Harrison'. So, unfortunately, I've had to change it. I didn't want to but it was one of those little details that was gonna eat at me.

Apologies!

Hey everyone. So, I had to make a slight change to something in the chapter. I really did want Belle's last name to be Harper...but it didn't end up working out. See, if that was her last name, she'd be in the Home Room class with Kayla, Joe, and Jack. After all, 'Harper' is between 'Hannigan' and 'Harrison'. So, unfortunately, I've had to change it. I didn't want to but it was one of those little details that was gonna eat at me.

Apologies!

Totally depressed.

Atkins, at the beginning. In case anyone forgot, Becca Clawson.

I didn't realize you did homerooms alphabetically. I think we had 6 homerooms the years I was in HS, and each had all the letters of the alphabet, even though we still usually sat in order.

Edited by Joe Long

Chapter was ^_^ perfect. Plot progression happened. A lot.

Was I the only one who found the fourth wall break a little too disconcerting in this chapter?

Jack Harrison might play Deadpool in an alternate universe.

I was thinking again about Amanda - her acts in the early chapters and how she reacted to Jack in the most recent.

I threw out a theory up the page, but what if Amanda really is secretly seeing someone. Maybe an older guy who promised he'd leave his wife and run away with her - and she believed it. But then Jack reminds her that even her brother won't make a promise to Kayla.

My reservations about this theory revolve around the time issue. When would she have time to sneak off anywhere? After school during the week I think that Jack is still (supposedly) watching his siblings until the folks get home. I'd be willing to bet that Mike and Hannah want to know where Amanda is on weekends as well. Not saying it couldn't happen-- after all, Helena may be covering for her-- but older guys going after 17-year old girls are not known for their rational thought patterns. Someone will notice.

Belle Atkins, huh? Well, it doesn't quite roll off the tongue like 'Belle Harper' but it's quite acceptable. :)

Edited by Chester57

but older guys going after 17-year old girls are not known for their rational thought patterns. Someone will notice.

Older or not, something is up with Amanda that we will have to wait at least another chapter to be revealed. She did appear very touchy about the commitment and promise thing.

I've seen it happen in the family. Maybe a dozen years ago, my wife's brother's wife's sister's husband, who was about 30, was screwing my wife's brother's daughter (the guy's niece by marriage), who was 12, for about a year before they got caught. He promised to take her away, but instead he spent a year in the county lockup...and now she's married to a woman.

I've seen it happen in the family. Maybe a dozen years ago, my wife's brother's wife's sister's husband, who was about 30, was screwing my wife's brother's daughter (the guy's niece by marriage), who was 12, for about a year before they got caught. He promised to take her away, but instead he spent a year in the county lockup...and now she's married to a woman.

I recall you mentioning that last year. Hope she's doing okay.

I recall you mentioning that last year. Hope she's doing okay.

I don't get to see them much, even though they're only a couple miles away, but as far as I know things are going well.

As far as things that relate to the story line, I've also mentioned the movie "The Babysitters" Katherine Waterston is the 16 year old babysitter for John Leguizamo and Cynthia Nixon. She thinks he's cute, they make eyes at each other, and taking her home they kiss and soon enough he's banging her. Guilty, he slips her a $200 tip. She tells her friend Lauren Birkell, and soon they start hooking themselves out to several middle aged men - but Leguizamo still only has eyes for Waterston, and never touches any of the other girls.

As a middle-aged man who appreciates beautiful young women, yes I've observed many in public places and have chatted up several who, for example, work as cashiers. I will also try to clear myself by saying not just young women - there's a cheap gas station I stop in once a week that has a totally MILF-alicious Desi lady, mid to late 40's, great smile and boobs, and she knows I look. She smiles and has even giggled, and seems to always hold my change in a way that I have to touch her hand.

Amanda could have gone to the mall with the girls, noticed some guy looking, and asked him if he liked what he saw. Or not. We'll find out.

Well Amanda is going to other route but she wanted to had good reason and "all guys are like that" was a good the reason.And she has most respect for Jack and sees him as perfect, so she came to ask if he is committed to Kyla but his answer disappointed her.so now its easy decision for her to go girls route because now she is sure that if even Jack is not commited, than no guy can.

Well Amanda is going to other route but she wanted to had good reason and "all guys are like that" was a good the reason.And she has most respect for Jack and sees him as perfect, so she came to ask if he is committed to Kyla but his answer disappointed her.so now its easy decision for her to go girls route because now she is sure that if even Jack is not commited, than no guy can.

Maybe it's just me, but i doubt she'll go the all-girls route. We still have a higher chance of her handcuffing Alan. Not to mention any possible fallout that could result and Jack flipping out as he's still resentful over what happened in the prior year. Speaking of Amanda selling herself out to older men, maybe instead of older men, she somehow finds herself involved in the prostitution ring at the school. Would be interesting seeing how Jack would deal with that as he thinks Belle could be a part of the ring. Who else has a crazy theory to share?

Speaking of Amanda selling herself out to older men, maybe instead of older men, she somehow finds herself involved in the prostitution ring at the school. Would be interesting seeing how Jack would deal with that as he thinks Belle could be a part of the ring. Who else has a crazy theory to share?

I don't see Amanda becoming involved with the ring UNLESS she starts making a bunch of excuses to stay late after school. Don't forget that Alan has most-- if not all-- of his classes with her so he would want to know what's going on. Also, Jack still drives her there and back so he would be suspicious as well.

I don't see Amanda becoming involved with the ring UNLESS she starts making a bunch of excuses to stay late after school. Don't forget that Alan has most-- if not all-- of his classes with her so he would want to know what's going on. Also, Jack still drives her there and back so he would be suspicious as well.

The only time Amanda is away from her family is when she still hangs with Helena and the list of girls that Alan named...“Kristen, Becky, and Tanisha.” That's what made me suspicious.

Bashful_Scribe has posted a new chapter on his story 'The Good, The Bad, and the Molly'. It's great, go check it out :)

Thanks for the reminded.i even did't check in on him anymore coz he didt post.but now reading his new chapter was worth it.i wish he could post more but real world takes it toll on all of us.You and him are on top my my favourite writters list :)

Guest The Bees Knees

I think in all the fuss over what's going on with Amanda you guys have all looked over the obvious answer here. We're still waiting on the pipe bomb incident. Now what shape do pipe bombs take? Usually rods. So, with this overwhelming evidence in mind, I think it's fair to say that Amanda is finding herself sexually attracted to pipe bombs.

I think in all the fuss over what's going on with Amanda you guys have all looked over the obvious answer here. We're still waiting on the pipe bomb incident. Now what shape do pipe bombs take? Usually rods. So, with this overwhelming evidence in mind, I think it's fair to say that Amanda is finding herself sexually attracted to pipe bombs.

I doubt that. First, what reason would she have to do this? Just because the bomb's shaped like a dildo/dick, means nothing. There's no way such a connection could be made with as flimsy of evidence. You'd be more right if the student had an interest in bombs and was in chemistry, which Amanda isn't taking chemistry.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.