Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

So, who actually thinks that Joe could build a pipe bomb? Not trying to diss his intelligence, but Joe seems to be the kind of goofy guy most look at as somewhat dumb. He could surprise everyone. That, or the new kids in the home ec class.

Joe is not dumb, he is patient and skilled. Remember when Jack said that Joe had once made an accurate wooden scale model of his house? Anyone capable of doing that can probably construct a pipe bomb in their sleep. It's not exactly rocket science. A black powder pipe bomb is simplicity itself. An ANFO-mix bomb is just as easy except you need a detonator. Seriously, all you really need these days is the Internet. I don't think that Joe will build the pipe bomb, although he may be framed for it.

Joe is not dumb, he is patient and skilled. Remember when Jack said that Joe had once made an accurate wooden scale model of his house? Anyone capable of doing that can probably construct a pipe bomb in their sleep. It's not exactly rocket science. A black powder pipe bomb is simplicity itself. An ANFO-mix bomb is just as easy except you need a detonator. Seriously, all you really need these days is the Internet. I don't think that Joe will build the pipe bomb, although he may be framed for it.

Forgot about that part. As for the fact that the internet is all that is needed, fair point. The materials themselves are ridicously easy to come by. To the part about Joe being framed, we'd have to see whether Jashley13 will use that or how he may use that. As for the bomb itself, i can only wait to see what happens with that. What threw me was how Joe acts so goofy most of the time. I wasn't trying to say that he was dumb, just that, from what i remember of the story, he can give the impression to someone who doesn't know him that he may be dumb when, as you said before, he actually isn't.

Being smart, especially as a teen, doesn't make one wise.

I was maybe 12 or 13 when somehow I got my hands on a M-80 firecracker, big sucker. One evening my parents were out and as an only child I was home alone. My smart but not fully formed mind thought it would be a great experiment to put that explosive inside and old pocket transistor radio. I wrapped it up duct tape, nice and tight, with the fuse sticking out. I lit the fuse and dropped it into a metal trash can we had in the main room of the basement. At least I had enough sense to run into another room to wait for the explosion. There was no way I could hide the results from my parents. The trash can was severely dented from the inside, like someone had pounded on it with a hammer, and there were holes in the ceiling.

So old goofy Joe may be so caught up in wanting to 'blow something up real good' that he builds the device without fully comprehending it's power, and the resulting consequences.

What threw me was how Joe acts so goofy most of the time. I wasn't trying to say that he was dumb, just that, from what i remember of the story, he can give the impression to someone who doesn't know him that he may be dumb when, as you said before, he actually isn't.

I'm sure we all know people like Joe Hayes. Some folks just have a laid-back personality-- never taking anything too seriously and always making jokes. Even Jack has said that Joe occasionally surprises him by coming up with great ideas.

Being smart, especially as a teen, doesn't make one wise.

So old goofy Joe may be so caught up in wanting to 'blow something up real good' that he builds the device without fully comprehending it's power, and the resulting consequences.

But could Joe build the device without Belle or Jack knowing about it? They would both roast him alive.

Okay, it's crazy theory time again-- Mr. Martin, the chemistry teacher, is involved with the prostitution ring. He knows about Joes' desire to "blow something up real good." After Jack becomes aware of the ring and starts causing trouble, Martin builds the bomb knowing that he can easily use Joe as the fall guy. C'mon, it's possible!

Chapter 39 is up! :D

This is another milestone chapter, not because of what's in the chapter necessarily, but more because...well, it's my last chapter I'm posting from where I live now. I've been posting chapters while living in this apartment for over a year now but, thankfully, the wife and I are moving to a house so, now, hopefully I'll get a bit more inspiration from being able to sit on the back deck with a beer and some nibbles and not have to deal with shrieking pot-smokers two feet away. Ah, the joys of life.

We hope to be moved in by Friday so you probably won't hear anything from me until then, but I'll still be starting work on Chapter 40 (holy crap...Chapter 40! And I didn't think I'd make it to Chapter 4!)

See you all soon! :)

WTF is right. Whoever called Joe having the hots for Sam, you were right. So, i'm guessing this is the first part of the Fracture. Maybe there could be a catfight between Kayla and Becca. Who knows? Anyways, cannot wait to see what happens with Joe and Sam (or what doesn't happen) and the resulting fallout. You're probably one of the few authors that i've read who's able to give out nsuch detail on the classes a character goes to. Hope your move-in goes smoothly.

I went through three years of fucking calculus, the last two in college...and no 'pre' to prep me.

I don't think I've ever used calculus. The best I can remember, it's geared toward motion and rates, so it's more applicable to physics and engineering. I ended up getting into spatial and quantitative analysis (what's there, how is ti arranged, and can I predict the future from it?) That relies more on geometry, trigonometry, statistics and probability.

I remember in Geometry, 10th or 11th grade, one of the girls in my class (who was fairly intelligent, got good grades) stuck up her hand in the middle of a lecture, and when called on asked, "Are we ever going to use this for anything?" The teacher's face turned what we would have thought were impossible shades of red.

Edited by Joe Long

SPOILERS!!!

I'm wondering if I should go read Catcher in the Rye before Joe writes the next chapter. I've gotten good at that symbolism n'at in Being More Social I take that it's not really about a baseball game in a wheat field.

BTW, my father taught 7th to 10th grades at various times over his career, and he swore in class all the time. No f-bombs, but hell, damn and shit. If anyone acted shocked, he'd say, "Hell, you probably heard worse at the breakfast table." Of course, that was before breakfast in school.

Also, the home room period sounded like a study hall, as it was not the first class of the day, but when Craig joined them for English Jack and Kayla did refer to Craig's study hall the previous period. So what's the distinction? In my school, the buses dropped kids off from 7:20 to 7:50 (we had a small parking lot, not many drove to school). Everyone had to be in homeroom by the 8:00 bell, then there was roll call, announcements and shit, then at 8:20 off to the first class.

Acting = Carnegie Mellon University (and you can go to some Pirates games too)

http://www.drama.cmu.edu/250/notable-alumni

Q: I they left class for lunch and then are returning, wouldn't that be second lunch, not third? (first = lunch, then class; second = class, lunch, return; third = class, then lunch)

So are all these students in Mr. Owens' class, "He seemed delighted that there were oddball theories that weren’t quite within the realm of possibility and defended by only the loosest arguments. He seemed to get even happier when such oddball viewpoints were defended" symbolic of those of us here in the forum?

Edited by Joe Long

I found a downloadable pdf of "The Catcher in the Rye"

Amazon had images of the original pages from the hardback, but not all the pages it skipped 9 to 22, so I couldn't do "the first ten pages". The pdf isn't labeled by page (although apparently by chapter), so I read to the end of chapter 2, when Holdren is leaving Spencer's house.

I have never read this before. When do we get to analyze the first ten pages here in the forum? I want to throw my ideas out before the next chapter of SITO.

Guest its_ry_bruh

Of all simple jokes throughout this series, this one is now one of my favorites, I love your humor Joe

"even though I looked about as much like Leo as a goldfish did, I could believe, just for a second, that I looked that good."

Oh no :'( , What about Belle!

True, very true. I like her character, so this'll be something to watch. Now, on to tooting my own horn. Called it!. I mean, not that it was for sure, but it was within the realm of possibility. And now it's happening. This should be fun to watch play out. Will Jack and Kayla try to stop/change Joe's mind?

Also, the things happening with Ms. Locke are interesting. I'm wondering when she'll cave. Probably during late-stage rehearsals.

Edited by thismy

True, very true. I like her character, so this'll be something to watch. Now, on to tooting my own horn. Called it!. I mean, not that it was for sure, but it was within the realm of possibility. And now it's happening. This should be fun to watch play out. Will Jack and Kayla try to stop/change Joe's mind?

Also, the things happening with Ms. Locke are interesting. I'm wondering when she'll cave. Probably during late-stage rehearsals.

Not only Belle, but what's Amanda going to do if Sam has the same feelings for Joe? Definitely going to be something to watch. Also, who is Ted taking Jessica to see? Without doubt they're both in trouble again. I wonder who's manipulating them this time? Could be Brad if he's still in juvie, but if he's out then his folks probably have him on about six inches of leash. Brad talks tough but he's a whipped dog when his parents are around.

Not sure what's going on with Ms. Locke, but if Jessica gets the lead we'll know she's being threatened.

Not sure what's going on with Ms. Locke, but if Jessica gets the lead we'll know she's being threatened.

Or they're sharing a bed

I finished Catcher in the Rye what a strange little book. I don't get all the controversy. There's a 16 year old kid who swears and drinks and smokes, but doesn't have sex, and he sees some people who I thinks may be gay, as he describes the world around him.

For Dark Souls lovers, Dark Souls 3 will be out in the West on April 2016. The exact date will come later. Also, story related, i am worried about how Joe's attraction to Sam could affect Belle. It was eariler in the saga when it was mentioned that Belle had almost committed suicide. I'm not saying that she would, but considering how much she cares for Joe, if he were to go to Sam, it would crush her and maybe push her towards suicide. I don't know. It could fit the theme of Fracture. Any thoughts?

Also, story related, i am worried about how Joe's attraction to Sam could affect Belle. It was eariler in the saga when it was mentioned that Belle had almost committed suicide. I'm not saying that she would, but considering how much she cares for Joe, if he were to go to Sam, it would crush her and maybe push her towards suicide. I don't know. It could fit the theme of Fracture. Any thoughts?

You just gave me an idea... Awhile back I said that Craig needs something really huge to have a shot in the election. Say that Belle is at school when she finds out that Joe is dumping her for Sam. Totally crushed and despondent, she decides to end it all in the girls' lavatory by slashing her wrists. Fortunately, however, Craig had seen her go into the lav and not come out. He bursts in and is able to stop the bleeding, then carries her down crowded hallways to the first aid office. So Craig is a hero who saved the life of a pretty girl and is now a shoo-in for class prez.

So we would have Belle pissed at Joe, Amanda pissed at Sam, and, of course, Jack & Kayla pissed at both Joe & Sam. Sounds like Fracture to me! :hitthefan:

You just gave me an idea... Awhile back I said that Craig needs something really huge to have a shot in the election. Say that Belle is at school when she finds out that Joe is dumping her for Sam. Totally crushed and despondent, she decides to end it all in the girls' lavatory by slashing her wrists. Fortunately, however, Craig had seen her go into the lav and not come out. He bursts in and is able to stop the bleeding, then carries her down crowded hallways to the first aid office. So Craig is a hero who saved the life of a pretty girl and is now a shoo-in for class prez.

So we would have Belle pissed at Joe, Amanda pissed at Sam, and, of course, Jack & Kayla pissed at both Joe & Sam. Sounds like Fracture to me! :hitthefan:

Damn! That's a perfect setting.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.