Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

so that yunz guys have something interesting to read while waiting for the next chapter

Historical background for "Prostitution Ring Theory #2: Mary Hanigan as Maxie Wells"

Alternate theory of the Watergate break-in in 1972

http://jimhougan.com/wordpress/?p=11

Edited by Joe Long

Great chapter as always. Ive been a follower of this story for almost a year now. Ive actually gotten some good advice out of all this about my own relationships. I can not overstate how much this story has meant to me. The more relaxed parts made me smile when i felt like crying, the intense parts distracted me from my pain and the dramatic, drawn-out parts gave me some perspective.

So after all the ass licking... ;) GOD... I cant wait to see what you make out of all this. Theres sooo much potential. Jessica... Craig... Joe... The new people youve introduced...

The sort of passive aggressive scenes with joe were kind of missing this time, which ive been dreading, since hes been one of the most positive characters since the beginning of the story. I think the reason why hes been so positive was that he simply didnt have much of a personality besides being the groups goofball. I can definitely see him trying to break out of all this, which could cause a lot of trouble with him and Jack, since all Jack wants is for things to stay the way they were, so he could finally have some peace.

About the prostitution ring... I think someone may have already suggested this, but what if Tara gets involved with the ring? New school, new environment. Shes known for being a bit naive as far as guys go. Also, its been clearly stated that Jack knows nothing about her new school. If Joe took the time to describe how little Jack knows about the place, there could be some fishy stuff going on over there. Jack would have to help her get out of this dangerous situation, which could get Kayla angry, since hes putting himself in danger despite her begging him to stay out of it.

Also, a lot of theories are going on about Rhona. I doubt that she would put anybody in danger. Its pretty clear that under her tough exterior lies a soft, possibly damaged personality. But she could help the others out.

And yea... Becca has become annoying as shit... I get where shes coming from, but she cant take out all of this on Jack... Hes been beating himself up over Craig enough as it is.

Aaand a crazy theory... What if Kayla and Jack actually break up? There could be a few chaoters about them trying to live without each other (with all the awkwardness and depressing thoughts). It would effectively break the whole group up. Intense? Yes! Realistic? Yes! Of course they would reconcile eventually, but it would be the best twist this story has to offer.

Edited by Nagyaki

If there's one thing I've learned that I can attribute to my deductive reasoning skills, it's that of a character gets a name, they'll usually be important. And Joe was dropping names left & right. The fact that they guy in the locker next to him got a name and was mentioned twice makes me think he's got a bigger role to play. Those people in his cooking class? Not the last we'll see of them.

Don't know how important Matt (with the next-door locker) will be to the story. Recall from last year that Jack seldom visits his locker and relies mostly on his backpack. Matt was probably just being polite when he introduced himself and Jack reciprocated. Binyam and Shannon, now... they're definitely going to be messing with Jacks' head. He should ask Allan and Amanda what they know about those two.

Hey everyone! Reality Check time!

- Okay, so, this might be the easiest one yet: basically everything in this chapter actually happened. Names have been changed and some lines and details are different (obviously I wasn't in a relationship at the time) but aside from that, virtually everything that happened in the chapter was exactly like my first day of Junior year. That actually made writing this chapter a little difficult, since I had to remember a lot of stuff and make it fit, but...yeah, that's really all I've got.

I'm plowing through ahead with the next chapter. Bit of a slow start (an apology was put in and that had the awkwardness an apology like that would always have) but it's starting to pick up a bit. Second day of school, plus the audition to come :)

And by the way, I LOVE all the theories. I wish there was a way to just mix them all in together into a gigantic 'WTF!' I've got the end goal in mind but I won't go so far as to say all the tiny details have been worked out so feel free to suggest and imagine :)

See you all soon!

And yea... Becca has become annoying as shit... I get where shes coming from, but she cant take out all of this on Jack... Hes been beating himself up over Craig enugh as it is.

Becca definitely has an OCD about her boyfriend. Craig once said that they had known each other since grade school so maybe Becca has been obsessing on him for years and now it's starting to boil over. Jack was supposed to stop being Mr. Fix-It but she keeps dumping on him. Another possibility is that Becca comes from a lower middle-class home and Craig's family is rich so maybe she's been looking for a meal ticket all along.

Becca definitely has an OCD about her boyfriend. Craig once said that they had known each other since grade school so maybe Becca has been obsessing on him for years and now it's starting to boil over. Jack was supposed to stop being Mr. Fix-It but she keeps dumping on him. Another possibility is that Becca comes from a lower middle-class home and Craig's family is rich so maybe she's been looking for a meal ticket all along.

I wasn't sure by your phrasing, but you may recall that Becca's family is poorer. She had a discussion with Jack about her house and what section it's in. Taking a glance at Google Earth, outside the big cities we have all these new subdivisions, houses built hundreds and thousands at a time and sometimes even wrapped around country clubs, that sell for several hundred thousand dollars each - then scattered amongst them, even on the seams between the subdivisions, are some of the original single floor ranch style homes left over from when the area was still rural.

Becca might not be doing it consciously, but now that she has Craig she may very well be holding him quite tight, afraid to lose him or see him hurt, as he is her way into one of those homes she sees around her. I can recall years ago driving to work, every day passing even the most modest of townhouses and the craving inside of me that called out, "When can I have one of those?"

Edited by Joe Long

I wasn't sure by your phrasing, but you may recall that Becca's family is poorer. She had a discussion with Jack about her house and what section it's in. Taking a glance at Google Earth, outside the big cities we have all these new subdivisions, houses built hundreds and thousands at a time and sometimes even wrapped around country clubs, that sell for several hundred thousand dollars each - then scattered amongst them, even on the seams between the subdivisions, are some of the original single floor ranch style homes left over from when the area was still rural.

Becca might not be doing it consciously, but now that she has Craig she may very well be holding him quite tight, afraid to lose him or see him hurt, as he is her way into one of those homes she sees around her. I can recall years ago driving to work, every day passing even the most modest of townhouses and the craving inside of me that called out, "When can I have one of those?"

So, basically what we're saying is that Becca might be a gold-digger. Hmm, interesting theory, highly believable and possible. Or it could be she's one of the Overly Attached Girlfriend type.

So, basically what we're saying is that Becca might be a gold-digger. Hmm, interesting theory, highly believable and possible. Or it could be she's one of the Overly Attached Girlfriend type.

I don't think Becca started out that way, not consciously, but it's there, underneath. But what gets girls in general to be overly attached? Fear of being left alone. Maybe they don't like being alone, maybe they have a plan of where this guy is going to take them.

I don't think Becca started out that way, not consciously, but it's there, underneath. But what gets girls in general to be overly attached? Fear of being left alone. Maybe they don't like being alone, maybe they have a plan of where this guy is going to take them.

All the girls I know just go with the guys who can afford to buy them stuff. Literally why my best friend got dumped a while ago, he ran out of money and she left

All the girls I know just go with the guys who can afford to buy them stuff. Literally why my best friend got dumped a while ago, he ran out of money and she left

The old saying goes that women always marry up-- or at least, they try to. Yes, I think Becca has a plan and she wants Jack to grease the skids for her. Our hero needs a buffer in this situation. The next time that Becca's name comes up on the caller ID, Jack should simply hand his phone to Kayla and let her deal with it. Problem solved.

The old saying goes that women always marry up-- or at least, they try to. Yes, I think Becca has a plan and she wants Jack to grease the skids for her. Our hero needs a buffer in this situation. The next time that Becca's name comes up on the caller ID, Jack should simply hand his phone to Kayla and let her deal with it. Problem solved.

Or alternatively, problem worsened. We all remember that threat Becca made to Jack. Kayla freaked the fuck out when she did. If Becca started talking about Jack causing problems, Kayla's response may be something along the lines of: "bitch, shit's gonna go down if you talk bout' my man like that."

Or alternatively, problem worsened. We all remember that threat Becca made to Jack. Kayla freaked the fuck out when she did. If Becca started talking about Jack causing problems, Kayla's response may be something along the lines of: "bitch, shit's gonna go down if you talk bout' my man like that."

Yes, possibly-- but I think Becca would realize that when the fur stops flying she would be the biggest loser in the group. Maybe this is what leads to the Fracture?

Hey everyone! :D

So, quick update, my wife and I just got a house :D We're beyond excited. We're finally able to move out of our apartment and the pot-smoking neighbors, thwumping bass of the nightly 'parties' around us, and the crazy basement lady who hisses at me whenever I pass her! :D

Now, what does this mean for the story and release dates? Most likely nothing. Updates on the forum might be slow in coming but the work will continue as planned. I'm looking to release the next chapter this weekend but I will update as I know more.

Don't mean to brag or anything but we're just beyond excited to move on with the next phase of our lives, since we were waiting for a house before having a child :) We shall play it by ear but we're just happy to have the opportunity.

Updates to follow. Hope to be back soon :)

So, quick update, my wife and I just got a house :D

Couldn't be happier for you both! Money will be the determining factor, of course, but here's a piece of advice-- get as much done to the house as you can during the first two years or so. Bathroom upgrades, painting and landscaping should have priority. Carpeting if you need it. Don't go overboard buying furniture or new appliances-- big mistake! Get the basic infrastructure of the house in good shape and you'll be ahead of the game. Best of luck, Joe!

So, who actually thinks that Joe could build a pipe bomb? Not trying to diss his intelligence, but Joe seems to be the kind of goofy guy most look at as somewhat dumb. He could surprise everyone. That, or the new kids in the home ec class. Kinda wish my highschool would have had home ec.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.