Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

You just gave me an idea... Awhile back I said that Craig needs something really huge to have a shot in the election. Say that Belle is at school when she finds out that Joe is dumping her for Sam. Totally crushed and despondent, she decides to end it all in the girls' lavatory by slashing her wrists. Fortunately, however, Craig had seen her go into the lav and not come out. He bursts in and is able to stop the bleeding, then carries her down crowded hallways to the first aid office. So Craig is a hero who saved the life of a pretty girl and is now a shoo-in for class prez.

So we would have Belle pissed at Joe, Amanda pissed at Sam, and, of course, Jack & Kayla pissed at both Joe & Sam. Sounds like Fracture to me! :hitthefan:

Alan would also be pissed at Sam. Remember, he broke it off with Amanda because she was happy with Sam. So, if anything does happen with Sam and Joe, there could still be the fight between Alan and Sam, and Joe could be included as well. Any other theories?

Alan would also be pissed at Sam. Remember, he broke it off with Amanda because she was happy with Sam. So, if anything does happen with Sam and Joe, there could still be the fight between Alan and Sam, and Joe could be included as well. Any other theories?

You're right about Alan and Amanda. He was so down about their dad making them break up that he had his bags packed. Okay, if Sam dumps Amanda for Joe then she may reconcile with Alan. They both go to their parents and say, "We tried it your way and it didn't work. We're back together and if you don't like it, then kick us out." But what about Kelly? Well, Jack had a threesome, so...

I agree that a Joe & Sam relationship could case maximum fracturing among the whole cast of characters, while we led astray with the red herring of Craig.

I'm also waiting for the next chapter to go back to English class so we can talk about The Catcher In The Rye I know Mr. Martin said read the first ten pages, but seriously, who can stop at ten? You get caught up and just keep going. I finished the book in three days.

I realize he wanted his students to stop there so they could discuss their first impressions of Holden Caulfield, the main character and narrator, before being exposed to much of the plot line. Once a reader has gotten further into the book, or read the whole thing, their impressions would have changed from when they had minimal information to go on. The teacher would want to see who excelled at picking up meaning from the sparsest of clues.

Also, when Mr. Martin said about, "If you only use the SparkNotes you'll get a C" and thinking outside the box - I have a totally different take on the ending of the book. I didn't read any commentaries or analysis until after I had finished, and I was surprised that no one I could find by Google had even considered my interpretation. SparkNotes got half way there. seeing some of the clues, but didn't make the leap. CliffNotes, eNotes...all the rest had the same generic explanations. So - I want to convince you guys! (when we get there)

Edited by Joe Long

Hold on a sec-- According to Jack's schedule in Chapter 38, he has Chemistry with Martin, Lit with Owens and Pre-Calc with Keller. However, in Chapter 39 he's got Martin teaching Pre-Calc. Ah well, I could never keep my teachers straight, either. :smartass:

Hold on a sec-- According to Jack's schedule in Chapter 38, he has Chemistry with Martin, Lit with Owens and Pre-Calc with Keller. However, in Chapter 39 he's got Martin teaching Pre-Calc. Ah well, I could never keep my teachers straight, either. :smartass:

Owens for Lit? Perhaps I did misremember, but then maybe so did Joe.

Hey everyone! First official post from the new house! :D

A huge thank-you to Chester57 for spotting the error with the name. No excuse except I was exhausted as all Hell while writing the chapter. Just getting everything packed and ready was killing my sleep schedule and I'm still working to get all that sleep back. The errors have been corrected. Thanks to such a dedicated reader!

New chapter is proceeding along better than I expected and I hope to have it up in the next week. Hope you're all doing well! :)

Hey everyone! First official post from the new house! :D

A huge thank-you to Chester57 for spotting the error with the name. No excuse except I was exhausted as all Hell while writing the chapter. Just getting everything packed and ready was killing my sleep schedule and I'm still working to get all that sleep back. The errors have been corrected. Thanks to such a dedicated reader!

New chapter is proceeding along better than I expected and I hope to have it up in the next week. Hope you're all doing well! :)

Congratulations on your move and thank you so much for the kind words! Actually, I missed the error until I read Joe Long's post and realized that we now had Martin teaching three subjects! Not likely!

Get some sleep, Joe. You've earned it!

I was thinking about the Belle suicide/Craig rescue idea. I though it was a good idea, and I was even considering doing a short write up of how I would picture a scene like that going to share with you guys(and gals). But then I said, "wait a minute. That doesn't make sense."

And here's why: Belle saw her dad right after he killed himself. She saw what that did to her and the people she loved. She knows what it feels like to lose someone that way. She can imagine what it would do to her mother. Also what it would do to her friends. And Belle's smart and seemingly caring. She wouldn't want to subject the people she loves to that, and I think she'd know where to go for help. It doesn't seem plausible. Sure, she'd get distraught over losing Joe, but not suicidal.

Oh, and the wrist slashing thing doesn't seem likely it'd happen either. Belle has been down that path already.

Edited by thismy

I will guess that this saga will range about 10 chapters, like the last one. Why? Well, it seems like a lot of the crazy theories are going to be laid out slowly through the saga? That, and each chapter is almost a small book (novella). Now, off topic: Things people liked about Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2: SOTFS, and things people want to see and not see in Dark Souls 3 (include items from the prior games as well).

I was thinking about the Belle suicide/Craig rescue idea. I though it was a good idea, and I was even considering doing a short write up of how I would picture a scene like that going to share with you guys(and gals). But then I said, "wait a minute. That doesn't make sense."

And here's why: Belle saw her dad right after he killed himself. She saw what that did to her and the people she loved. She knows what it feels like to lose someone that way. She can imagine what it would do to her mother. Also what it would do to her friends. And Belle's smart and seemingly caring. She wouldn't want to subject the people she loves to that, and I think she'd know where to go for help. It doesn't seem plausible. Sure, she'd get distraught over losing Joe, but not suicidal.

Oh, and the wrist slashing thing doesn't seem likely it'd happen either. Belle has been down that path already.

Your point is well taken, but I think Belle will be more than distraught over losing Joe. Remember, she gave up her social status in Jessica's entourage to be with Joe. When it becomes known that her boyfriend dumped her for a guy then she will be totally humiliated and become a laughingstock (Jessica will see to that). She may well become suicidal.

Your point is well taken, but I think Belle will be more than distraught over losing Joe. Remember, she gave up her social status in Jessica's entourage to be with Joe. When it becomes known that her boyfriend dumped her for a guy then she will be totally humiliated and become a laughingstock (Jessica will see to that). She may well become suicidal.

I disagree. Belle is still a cheerleader, and she made it clear, she was quiet happy to leave Jessica. Her status didn't do much for her. She was just one of "Jessica's entourage." Not a whole lot else. As well, the acceptance of bi/gay people has grown a lot, even in the few years I've been out of high school. People are cheated on all the time. The fact that it's her boyfriend leaving her for a guy won't make that much of a difference. If anything, she gains for being cheated on/left.

However, I will say that the splitting of Joe/Belle would provide for maximum fracture.

I disagree. Belle is still a cheerleader, and she made it clear, she was quiet happy to leave Jessica. Her status didn't do much for her. She was just one of "Jessica's entourage." Not a whole lot else. As well, the acceptance of bi/gay people has grown a lot, even in the few years I've been out of high school. People are cheated on all the time. The fact that it's her boyfriend leaving her for a guy won't make that much of a difference. If anything, she gains for being cheated on/left.

Just because acceptance has grown doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt Belle more than if he left her for a girl. It's an individual thing.

I have a daughter who managed to make it out of high school ten years ago. Teen girls are mercilessly mean, and will make up any lie they can to hurt their target as personally as possible. Even if the tormentor doesn't care about gays, if they think it can hurt their target then it's a weapon.

Just because acceptance has grown doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt Belle more than if he left her for a girl. It's an individual thing.

I have a daughter who managed to make it out of high school ten years ago. Teen girls are mercilessly mean, and will make up any lie they can to hurt their target as personally as possible. Even if the tormentor doesn't care about gays, if they think it can hurt their target then it's a weapon.

My point is that I don't believe she'll go suicidal. Granted, while some teen girls are mean, I think you're giving them too much credit. Now I'm not a girl, so I don't know the girl-to-girl dynamic that well, but the raging hate that you argue doesn't have a backer.

Ok- who has any motive against Belle? - Aside from Jessica? No one we know of. Now hear me out. Jessica is trying, desperately, to be friends with Jack and Kayla. She wants in. Whatever the motive, she needs to build up good character points. Even if she does have some sort of personal vendetta against Belle, she's had nearly a year to act on it. In that year, she's been on much worse terms with them. Why not just take shots at Belle then? The evidence doesn't point to a specific hate for her. Attacking Belle, whom Jack and Kayla both like a lot, sure wouldn't help her cause.

Girls? motives? They don't need no stinkin' motives!

Jessica has plenty of motives, real and imagined, and she has minions. That's sufficient.

I'm being flippant. You make many good points, but you're also being very rational, and aggrieved teen girls are rarely rational. Belle isn't a direct target because she didn't do anything herself, but she's a member of a group headed by the targets, so that makes her fair game.

Edited by Joe Long

Jessica has plenty of motives, real and imagined, and she has minions. That's sufficient.

I'm being flippant. You make many good points, but you're also being very rational, and aggrieved teen girls are rarely rational.

This is my experience and opinion as well. My three nieces grew up living next door to me and I had ample opportunity to observe them and many of their so-called "friends" over a twenty-year period. My oldest niece was targeted simply because she is beautiful and brilliant. AP classes in high school allowed her to earn enough credits to graduate a year early. She told us that she couldn't wait to leave the place because of all the mean-spirited jealousy. No one ever threatened her because -like Belle- she was a cheerleader and -like Tara- she could throw a punch. Some of the stories my brother told me concerning their school careers had me shaking my head in disbelief-- "the inmates running the asylum" was the phrase that came to mind. They are-- all three of them-- out of high school and the oldest has graduated college with a Nursing degree.

I know I'm getting old, but I just don't recall such bitchiness, cruelty and outright hatred among girls when I was in school-- at least not so openly. In the end I hope everything works out for Belle, she's a very nice girl... And if Joe leaves her then maybe he needs a slap upside his head. (Yeah, a bitch-slap)

Edited by Chester57

I grew up in the 70's and things seemed pretty normal, especially compared to what I saw my two kids go through.

Back in my day the kids drank, smoked weed and screwed around (not me! I am the Joe in my story) Everything was pretty civil. There were some people I didn't care for, but we just avoided each other.

We had our 2nd annual all-years reunion this past weekend. Saw a good number of people, and talked to several that I wasn't even friends with, or were a year or two ahead of me and weren't in my circles. Oh, and there were five sisters from one family who attended. I met the two oldest, who both married guys I knew growing up. Both really hot for being nearly 50. I enjoyed how the one liked to touch whenever she talked.

This is my experience and opinion as well. My three nieces grew up living next door to me and I had ample opportunity to observe them and many of their so-called "friends" over a twenty-year period. My oldest niece was targeted simply because she is beautiful and brilliant. AP classes in high school allowed her to earn enough credits to graduate a year early. She told us that she couldn't wait to leave the place because of all the mean-spirited jealousy. No one ever threatened her because -like Belle- she was a cheerleader and -like Tara- she could throw a punch. Some of the stories my brother told me concerning their school careers had me shaking my head in disbelief-- "the inmates running the asylum" was the phrase that came to mind. They are-- all three of them-- out of high school and the oldest has graduated college with a Nursing degree.

I know I'm getting old, but I just don't recall such bitchiness, cruelty and outright hatred among girls when I was in school-- at least not so openly. In the end I hope everything works out for Belle, she's a very nice girl... And if Joe leaves her then maybe he needs a slap upside his head. (Yeah, a bitch-slap)

See, based on my experiences, the bitchiness isn't there. And I'm young. My high school might have been an exception. (It was quite the island of sanity and civility-pretty sure it still is) However, do bitches, shity people, and bullies exist? Of course. But the world isn't rank with them. Again, I'm not a girl, but I don't see it. And I know, "haha teenage girls are irrational." But seriously, the aren't that fuck over the moon.

See, based on my experiences, the bitchiness isn't there. And I'm young. My high school might have been an exception. (It was quite the island of sanity and civility-pretty sure it still is) However, do bitches, shity people, and bullies exist? Of course. But the world isn't rank with them. Again, I'm not a girl, but I don't see it. And I know, "haha teenage girls are irrational." But seriously, the aren't that fuck over the moon.

Not saying it's all girls, but enough to make many of the other student's lives miserable. I'm sure Jessica and her minions would fall into this description.

Also, it seems like general and social media these days is pushing the message that the best thing in life is to every day find something to be offended by, and demand that others be just as offended too. That fosters an attitude that seeks out any perceived slight, and of assuming the other person's intentions.

Hey everyone!

Sorry this took a little while to get here but, you know, unpacking and everything. Still a ways to go but at least the process is started.

Anyway, Reality Check for Chapter 39!

- Like Chapter 38, the vast majority of the school stuff is exactly what happened on my second day of Junior year in high school. Aside from minor changes to protect the innocent, the details, personalities, and words of the teachers are taken basically verbatim from real life.

- My school actually did Alice in Wonderland my Sophomore year of high school, rather than my Junior year, but this helps coincide with my decision to set the story beginning in the second year of high school rather than the first (a decision I do not regret).

- Ms. Locke's issues...well, not to give anything away, but they're very much based on my high school teacher and what happened to her. I have a lot more sympathy for my teacher now than I did back then, probably because I was a dumb teenager.

Chapter 40 is progressing well, almost to the point that, if my mind is in the right place, I might get it completed tonight :D I know, right? When did I get such speed? Obviously, I'm not going to plow through to the end and ignore quality but I'm in the home stretch of the chapter and can totally see myself finishing it up and being able to post it tomorrow morning. If not, then it will certainly be up by Sunday morning (I have a couple of days off I need to spend making myself useful around the house).

Hope you're all doing well! See you tomorrow (hopefully)! :D

P.S. I'm really liking all the sympathy Belle is getting, not just because of her situation, but because people seem to genuinely like her. That's good. I always like knowing that my characters are liked by the readers. What's gonna happen? You'll just have to keep reading.

Guest JohnnyBanana

Long time no see guys! Turns out going to a top 5 engineering school comes with huge workloads...anyways, jashley the last few chapters have been fuckin A. Some of my favorite.

Theories/Comments/Ideas

-not much of a theory, but what if Brad wrote jack a letter? He's had plenty of time to think about things one way or the other. It would be interesting and a good setup for a future event.

-Can Jack fight Nick Tallorn now? I've waited so long for this!

-Jessica is an expletive. But she's got some shit going on outside of what we know, I guarantee it.

-I still don't understand Rhona's place in the story but she fascinates me. I really like her.

-I laughed out loud at the other two kids in Jack's culinary arts class. They're...characters for sure. Not even sure what about them made me laugh but I laughed.

-Craigs campaign...I find it annoying. While I liked the reference to being more social, the rest of the campaign talk is repetitive and never gets anywhere.

-Here's the big one. Joe and Belle break up. But Joe doesn't make any moves on Sam. That's still a huge fracture. The gang splits. Craig and Becca go with Belle, Amanda is split, then there's the rest of everybody. And what follows follows.

Hey everyone! Chapter 40 is up! :D

Wow...how did I get this up so quickly? Wish I could get them all out like this. Or even quicker. Here's hoping!

First official chapter from the new residence! :D

Not much more to say except that I hope you enjoy and I'll be back soon with the Reality Check. Hope you all enjoy! :D

Crazy theory time: So, Joe and Sam were caught kissing at the end. I know how everyone talked about what Joe going to Sam would do to Belle, but what about Amanda? She initially got with Sam after blowing her chance with Alan, pushing him away to where, by the time he wanted her back, it was too late. Considering that she's invested in the relationship with Sam and Alan backed off because Amanda's now happy and now has Kelly, i can only imagine the reaction she'd have after finding out about Sam and Joe. People said that Belle would be mocked and ridiculed because her boyfriend "dumped" her (not sure if that will happen-seems likely at this point) for a dude. Society has gotten better about being nicer to homosexuals, but the one thing that may never change is that high schoolers (or any schoolers for that matter) can be total assholes, waiting for even the slightest opportunity to mock and ridicule their classmates. What people are saying could happen to Belle could also be applied to Amanda. Any thoughts on the imapct of Sam/Joe on Amanda when she learns about it?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.