Click Here!

Why can't I see my fic's stats?

Guest Miss_Emily

You are a wise woman.

I remember as a kid, Dad bought a top end TV (this would be the mid to late 70s), and he still had the thing down in his work shop so he could watch baseball or hockey while he puttered up until he died in the early 2000s. When Mom died a couple of years later, it fell to my wife and I to clean and empty the house. When we got to the cellar, I tried turning it on for the hell of it, and yup, it still worked. Now we treat TVs as just another ho-hum purchase, new model every couple of years, nothing lasts.

And BronxWench, I still have a good many of my old LPs, some of which I'm ashamed of (Leif Garrett?), others are still OK (Journey, Van Halen). There's a very distinct sound a stylus makes when the tone arm drops it onto vinyl that MP3s just can't replicate. Wistful sigh.

It definitely wasn't a Heathkit, that much I'm sure of. My dad was the one who built the stereo receiver, but I don't recall him ever building a radio. He'd probably have enjoyed it, though! :D

Well, the didn't only make Ham radios. They had hi-fi stereo kits as well! And test equipment. All kinds of kits!

Before I was born my Dad was a fire control systems tech on the Air Forces F-106's so electronics was always one of his passions! LOL

When I was born he was out of the Air Force and working for a company repairing business machines and computers.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.