Click Here!

Jak and Daxter request

Guest Chaotic_Forces

Guest Chaotic_Forces

I've often though that Jak looked a bit like a few other heroes.

Blonde hair and blue eyes? Link, or maybe Hawkeye, anyone?

I would love to see a fic where Jak was one of these heroes.

No, not swapped or replaced, more like a re-incarnation that remembers everything. And has kept the powers.

And, with my personal head-cannon, is able to produce the six different types of Eco naturally, energy can be converted to different forms after all. Jak just needs to eat more of the more organic food when his stores are running a little low. Of course, due to my head-cannon the only reason he's able to do this is because he's Channelled so much of the Eco that his body adapted to make it (IE he has six 'Eco Crystals' 'set' into his back; his Eco glands)

Was writing a fic like it, but it never really got past the second chapter and it was very poorly written. I can easily admit that.

Daxter, of course, is along for the ride. Someone needs to keep Jak sane after all.

Now a few guidelines:

1. Jak must still keep his body, re-incarnated he may be but his body is the same long-eared elf we've all come to love, give him a way to hide it or not is up to the discretion of the author.

2. Dax must keep the ability to change into an Ottsel, I don't care if he can change into the long-eared elf he was originally, but Dax has to keep the Ottsel form (after all, he is much safer riding around on Jak's shoulder, smaller target) Letting him have the Dark Daxter ability from the lost frontier, or his weaponry from Daxter, is optional.

3. Jak & Dax as a duo, even if Dax has to stay hidden. Dax can pretend to be a pet or a lab animal or something, but no one must know that he is the only reason Jak hasn't fallen off of the deep end yet. Also no one knowing that Dax is even around is allowed (IE him hiding in down the back of Jak's shirt when they have company or something). Jak and Dax MUST be an inseparable duo from the time they are 'children' though.

4. Jak must have both his Dark and his Light sides, along with any powers from the series that the author wants to give him (I personally like the pure channelling from the first game, but it isn't a must)

5. Jak must acquire, or Dax must build, the Morph Gun and it's mods and the Jetboard. These two are a must, cause Jak needs them more often then not; the Ammo from the morph gun can be made by hand via the Eco that Jak produces.

That's it. That's all I want.

Any hero that Jak looks like can be used (Captain America anyone? Imagine poor old Jak having to go through a time displacement TWICE!). I just want a story where the hero Jak looks like is not at all what they seem, and has a past far more extensive then the history everyone knows.

(I have an image in my head of Link looking Gannon straight in the eye and saying he'll show him true darkness, then transforming into DJ and the look on Gannon's face when he realises he can't control the Demon that the Hero of Courage had become, much less stop himself from being a target. OR Dark Link getting a decidedly non-impressed look from Link before Link asks whether he wants to meet his TRUE Dark self, and then actually meeting DJ.)

(Loki's face when he realises that Hawkeye only played at being the bad guy, and instead used the opportunity to sabotage, during Loki's trial)