Click Here!

Quick query about disclaimers and original works.

Guest Raistlin Majere

Guest Raistlin Majere

I got an email and a review stating that I needed a 'not for profit' disclaimer on one of my original works. Now I believe this was a mistake because I saw the issue with my disclaimer being that I hadn't stated it was a work of fiction, but this arose another question in my mind.

What happens if a piece that is posted is a commission? Wouldn't we be lying if we said it was not for profit? I've had plenty of commissions, many including stories of games like Metroid and whatnot. None of them are posted on here, all of my works are over on hentai-foundry.com. Am I just not allowed to post the works on which I made money on here?

We do not allow the solicitation of commissions on our site, and quite frankly, if the piece was written as a commission, you would need the permission of the person who commissioned it to post it here.

The record indicates you were warned for missing the statement that the piece is a work of fiction. I see by your disclaimer that you've added that, along with a small bit of editorializing as to the nature of disclaimers. I'll point out that my published work carries a disclaimer. My publisher insists on it, as do most reputable publishers.

You will also need to remove all references to commissions from your profile. You can leave the link to your other website, and it's entirely up to them if they allow solicitations for commissions, but we do not permit it.

I'll elaborate a bit as to why we do not permit commissions here. Even though yes, we do host original works, we are primarily a fanfiction archive. That being the case, there cannot be anything that says you make money by using the site. Of course, if you make money from your original works, more power to you. We like to see that.

Guest Raistlin

Okay, well thank you. That's what I needed to know. I'll be sure to keep commissions and everything off this site. Maybe just for sheer simplicity I'll just keep my original works on here. Wouldn't want to get you guys in trouble or anything. I'm on here at the suggestion of a friend. Got a pretty big fanbase on HF, but more couldn't hurt. I just write as a hobby so its no biggy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.