Click Here!

Like a Pheonix From the Ashes

foeofthelance

Melrick has made valid points. Anything like this needs some form of structure, which is what foe is outlining for all of you who are considering participating. By having a structure, you have cohesivenes and flow. :jaws: I'd think it'd be more of a challenge to try and write with others, within a specific structure, than it would be to write by oneself.

I've actually done this sort of thing before, but as a crafter. Without having a specific guideline to work within, our end result of a round robin was really really UGLY. I also used this as a teaching tool for drawing (sometimes) and just as a silly thing to do WITH drawing. Again, without a bit of structure involved, it got out of hand, and was certainly not enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess what concerns me about this idea is that we could end up in fandoms that I either know nothing about - and not interested in - or worse still, actively dislike it.

I suppose some fandom excursions could be short enough to provide a change of scenery soon enough for writers not familiar/fond of it. On the other hand, some basic information and character descriptions go a long way.

Anyways, I'm interested in this.

Actually, I have to apologize. I meant to kick it off again a couple of weeks ago, and even managed to get a few paragraphs started. Then I ran into a serious case of Real Life, which included rope, finals, and tents. Now that summer is on, I should be able to get everything going, hopefully by the end of this week. If I survive my work schedule that is...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm assuming from the deafening silence that the answer is no. To be honest, I just don't think there's enough interest from enough people to start it yet. The forum still hasn't recovered from the mass exodus yet, at least as far as active participants of the forum is concerned. And I can't really see that changing quickly, not without some clever way of encouraging people to join the forum AND to participate, rather than simply joining and never coming back again.

• 1 month later...

The Exodus? About what, three, four months ago I think? Sometimes towards the end of winter and the middle of spring, possibly. The forum used to be a lot busier, but we also had a much smaller group, as well. There was an argument between several folks, the details of which are scarce, and probably not intended for public consumption anyway. Needless to say, a large portion of the the major forum players decided that they'd simply had it, and quit the site. The few of us that remained are scattered here and there, with only a few still consistently posting. And while we do seem to be rebuilding, the atmosphere has changed quite a bit, and it makes it a little harder to keep people around as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

*pokes head in*

I'm new. *waves*

I'm also intrigued/interested. If it starts up again, I'm probably in. Buuut I gots a few questions. Well, a question.

We would have two universes to play around in, at least at first. But our OCs could be from any fandom, just . . . on Earth Prime? Did I get that right?

As a side note, one of the rules you might want to have, especially if we'll be writing stories with other people's characters, is not a reincarnation rule, but rather saying that you can't kill off another writer's character without their permission. If two writers have their characters in a fight, they can decide between themselves how it ends, but without an agreement, no killin.

Well, to answer the questions in order, sort of and it already is a rule.

By sort of, I mean that when the story starts there are only going to be two universes to start in: The Mary Sue universe, where Foe, Agaib, and the hordes of baddies start out, and the Real World, where Foe ends up crashing and the bad guys start to chase to. The story itself would take place mainly in the Real World, at least until all the major players are involved. Any NPCs would thus be limited to real actors, with fictional characters only showing up by means of the MSU. So you could meet Johnny Depp (Foe crashes in California, so there should be actors/actresses aplenty), but if you want to boink Captain Jack Sparrow there's got to be a reason why he's been sent to kill/stop us. After a bit (I.E. we've screwed each other silly) we'll set off on a tour of the various fandoms.

Now that's the plot. This is an orgy however, so there's not really much call to stick to it except in a broad manner, and this is a round robin style game, so plenty of people are going to be doing their own thing any way. IF you wanted to start on the side of the Mary Sues, that'd be no big deal either, just so long as you're prepared to be one of their bishie sex toys. At least for the guys at any rate. More accurately its just a reason to write randomness involving people who post here, and probably will never truly end. If anything, I just pop up with a new baddy. Just like in Power Rangers! (Actually, I'm basing a lot of this on the typical Power Rangers Episode Formula... *Mental Image of Rita Repulsa throwing her staff and yelling, "Make my monster's cock grow!* Better leave that one to Keith though...)

As for PvP, there really shouldn't be any. "Bad guy" PCs are allowed to seduce and try to infiltrate the "Good Guy" PCs, who are probably gonna just turn around and try to seduce them. No hitting, fighting, and no killing, unless its a PC. Well, fights are allowed, so long as they end in a draw, are interrupted, or are agreed upon.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.