Click Here!

eye suckiness

Guest Zyx

So, I don't know why, but my eyes are malfunctioning. My eyelids actually. I know self-diagnosis is a bad thing but this is starting to sound like blepharospasm. Fancy names for diseases you know virtually nothing about. But this is how it's described:

Involuntary increased blinking that progresses to spasms in both eyes. The exact cause is unknown, but doctors believe it to be a central nervous system disorder. It can produce a functional blindness since the patient can't open his or her eyes long enough to function visually.

And I'm already having trouble using my eyes properly... Maybe it's just stress... But I've been firmly shutting my eyes every second or so for almost a week now. Even with my eyes closed I make the same movement. This sucks ass.

I remember once I took anti-depressants that gave me involuntary spasms. Everyone would call me "spaz" because I would fall asleep in class and wake up every two minutes with a start. And I would twitch all the time.

I'm just like that with the self diagnosis. I believe I may have low stomach acid, candida and leaky gut syndrome.

An awful diagnosis from Dr. Shinju, follow at your own risk: Have you tried glasses? Your eyes may be twitching because of an inability to focus. Or if you wear contacts, your eyes might have become allergic to them. I myself have glasses that make me look like Mikami Teru from Death Note . . . er . . . except not a man.

Um, anyway, good luck with that!

I remember once I took anti-depressants that gave me involuntary spasms. Everyone would call me "spaz" because I would fall asleep in class and wake up every two minutes with a start. And I would twitch all the time.

I'm just like that with the self diagnosis. I believe I may have low stomach acid, candida and leaky gut syndrome.

An awful diagnosis from Dr. Shinju, follow at your own risk: Have you tried glasses? Your eyes may be twitching because of an inability to focus. Or if you wear contacts, your eyes might have become allergic to them. I myself have glasses that make me look like Mikami Teru from Death Note . . . er . . . except not a man.

Um, anyway, good luck with that!

Never needed glasses, and I still don't. In fact, unlike the rest of my family, I can read small stuff from far away??? Can't think of a good example, but when I'm capable fo keeping my eyes open long enough I can see just fine.

Have you been watching a lot of TV or staring at a computer screen for long periods of time? Sometimes if I've been playing a game all day my eyes go a little funny on me.

Right now they hurt because I got cinnamon in them. I was mixing up a homeopathic remedy to make me feel better. Don't ask how I managed to get it in my eyes, but I did.

Have you been watching a lot of TV or staring at a computer screen for long periods of time? Sometimes if I've been playing a game all day my eyes go a little funny on me.

Right now they hurt because I got cinnamon in them. I was mixing up a homeopathic remedy to make me feel better. Don't ask how I managed to get it in my eyes, but I did.

. . . I've done that before. Ask me about the time I got a paper cut on my eye. Can someone revive me w/ a phoenix down or something? I've been dead for half an hour.....

Yay, alive again! Gracias!

Anyhoo, I was reading a text book too closely and when I turned the page, it nicked my eye. This happened on several occasions, all of them text book related. And this was back when I was young and sober all the time . . .

Anyone else hate it when their eye twitches uncontrolibly?

Guest Rockgirl_X

I'm sorry that your possible eye disease is affecting your vision. That blows!

If it's any consolation feel free to drop me a note and/or vent to me anytime. I don't have the experience of having full sight and then possibly losing it, but I do know what it's like to be low vision in general. I've been low vision all my life, legally blind, read braille, use a white cain and all!

I hope it doesn't get that serious for you, but just know that whatever happens it's not the end of the world. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. I'm sure it's already making you value the sight you do have and can use right?

I would go make an appointment with the optometrist ASAP to get it checked out.

Good luck with it.

Take care. :o

You'll be in my prayers.

my eyes water and burn almost constantly. Whether this is from my not so great vision or the fact that I spend so many hours on the computer (though the watering sometimes happens before that) I don't know. I know they tell you not rub, but it drives me crazy if I don't. It gets so bad that I have to take off my classes and close my eyes for a good ten minutes before I can see again.

That sounds like it might be allergies. Mine get like that sometimes if I don't keep the dog hair swept up. I also get really bad sinus congestion. There was one time it got so bad I thought I had pink eye.

So, I don't know why, but my eyes are malfunctioning. My eyelids actually. I know self-diagnosis is a bad thing but this is starting to sound like blepharospasm. Fancy names for diseases you know virtually nothing about. But this is how it's described:

Involuntary increased blinking that progresses to spasms in both eyes. The exact cause is unknown, but doctors believe it to be a central nervous system disorder. It can produce a functional blindness since the patient can't open his or her eyes long enough to function visually.

And I'm already having trouble using my eyes properly... Maybe it's just stress... But I've been firmly shutting my eyes every second or so for almost a week now. Even with my eyes closed I make the same movement. This sucks ass.

For the last two weeks or so, I've been having a nervous twich in my left eye (the usual anime eye-twich, so its 's funny to look in the mirror when it happens), but it's annoying as hell not being able to control my own face. It also makes me look like I'm about to strangle someone, regardless of what mood I'm in. I bet its from stress.

You having problems lately? Stressful situations? Try taking some time each day to chill out. Listening to classical music while laying back and doing nothing has helped me out a bit.

I'm more of the death metal type (though I should comment there's as much soothing songs in death metal as in any genre)

and I don't have time to relax, stuff to do, stuff to do

but I don't have shit to do for the next two weeks so I'm hoping it'll pass and if it doesn't I'm gonna go see a doctor.