Click Here!

Cannot add chapter to existing story

NekoEro

Okay, new problem. After an ungodly long time to figure out how to log in, I tried to add a chapter to an existing story and there's no link anywhere on my control panel that will take me to a list of my stories so I can edit or chose a story to add a chapter to. I've been going in circles fighting this for over 30 minutes with no success, and it's driven me to tears. My browser is Safari 5.1.10. I've gone through all what I've needed to do to switch to the new system (I hope), including emptying the cache and removing cookies.

My profile menu. Unless there's something I've overlooked, which considering the amount of time I spent looking, I doubt it. There's no way to access my stories. The rest is staff news.

yklx.jpg

This is what I get when I click "Add" for a section, which is for adding a new story, not adding a chapter to an existing story--which I'm guessing is what the "Add" in the categories are for.

bdfm.jpg

I'm not good with figuring out each and every website's idiosyncrasies, and aff has me completely stumped. It was fairly easy to manage my works before the changes, but now I have no idea how to go about this. What am I doing wrong? Is the problem with aff or me?

Hi,

In order to add a chapter your stories, you need to use the "Edit" link in the first image.

Our FAQ on adding a chapter steps it all out for you, but let me walk you through it as well.

When you click the "Edit" link in the subdomain your story is in, you'l see two small dropdown menus. One lets you select the story by title and the other offers you the options for the action to take. Choose "Add Chapter" and click the "Edit" button.

You will go to a new page, with a Rich Text Editor. You can add a chapter title, and then copy and paste in the chapter itself into the text box. I strongly recommend using the little clipboard icon for "Paste from Word" to copy and paste a document to preserve your formatting. Tweak as needed, and click the "Add chapter" button below the editor box.

That's it. The chapter will be added.

Got it! Thanks so much for the help!

• 2 months later...
Guest Tymestalker

I'm having my own problems when I try to add a chapter. I click on the Edit in the section I'm looking for, but I run into issues. In Firefox, it just redirects to a screen but it has no drop down boxes with which to pick a story and chapter. When I try in IE, I get the drop downs, but when it goes to where I should be able to enter the text, there is no box for me to put the text into. And when I try to edit a chapter, which I tried to see if it would work, I get the option of choosing a chapter and then...nothing.

Okay, I just tried to edit a chapter in Firefox v 26. I get the text box when I select add chapter, and I get a drop down with chapter titles which then opens up in to the text box for the rich text editor as it's supposed to.

IE has issues because it's IE and a crappy browser, to be honest. HOWEVER, if you change the mode from quirks to IE 7 standard, IE 9 Standard, or any other version except 8 standard, you'll get the text box.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.