Click Here!

Good lord, i apologize

Keith Inc.

Somewhere in the Before Time, i was in a thread here about horrible mistakes some writers make.

IIRC, i commented that in some stories, the sex is being written, poorly, by an obvious virgin.

Of course, i then had to defend against many people who maintained that virgins can write sex scenes. Which wasn't my problem, i stipulate that some have the skill, it was the painfully virginal ones that need help.

Well....

I'm reading Mary Roach's latest book. I love miss Roach. Her writing style is great (and oddly comfortable, like proofreading my own work). Her respect for the topic shines through, as does her general respect for the people she's writing about. Great stuff. Really.

She's written 'Stiff' about what happens to our bodies after we die, buried/burned/used for science/recycled.

And 'Spook' about the various ideas of what happens to our personalities when we die, and research into it.

Now, she's written "Bonk." The science of research into human sexuality.

The machinery is fascinating, the research snappy, the observations nifty....but the case studies...

A doctor encountered, in his career, 18 women who were virgins despite an active (they thought) sex life. The husbands thought that the cleft of the vulva was the expected limit.

A husband mistook his wife's urethra for her vagina. Stretched to the point that it "readily admitted two fingers," she didn't realize what was going on until she sought help for her issues with controlling her peeing.

A gay man who stretched his own urethra to accommodate his lover's penis.

I'm only on page 116 and felt that perhaps i should revisit my claims that certain writers don't know nothin' about no sexing.

Evidently lovers out there are doin' it, and know evens less.

I'm not sure i can make it through the chapter on reattaching lost penii....

I once read through a chapter on digging through maggots to find a corpse on the Body Farm at IHOP, and finished my omelet without a pause, but this stuff is making me walk with a limp.

But i cannot put it down....until the eyes start to water, then i take a break.

A husband mistook his wife's urethra for her vagina. Stretched to the point that it "readily admitted two fingers," she didn't realize what was going on until she sought help for her issues with controlling her peeing.

A gay man who stretched his own urethra to accommodate his lover's penis.

O.O

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.