Click Here!

Replying to Reviews?

KassX

Hi, Kass here. I'm a new user and I was wondering what the best way to reply to reviews is. I have read the FAQ where it was suggested to open a review reply thread. Except, my story has one review and it seems pretentious to create a whole thread for that sole purpose. I have also read the ToS and know that posting a review to reply to a review is disallowed. (and again, self-inflating)

Is there a better, accepted way to do this?

Thank you.

Hi!

You can always think positively, and expect to have many more reviews to respond to, and open a thread. Honestly, we don't mind even if it's for just one review. It can become a way to open a dialogue with your readers, and maybe spark some good discussion that can improve the story.

Alternatively, if you can keep the responses short, some of our authors do reply in an author's note at the end of the next chapter. I will point out that the danger here is in going over the 600 word per chapter limit we have for author's notes. I know a couple of authors who can do this successfully, but I've also had to ask a great many others to correct this very thing.

I myself have review reply threads for my stories, and since I do a good many oneshots, I have a general reply thread in Originals and in Games for those. I just note in each reply which story the review is for, and then reply to it. :)

Thanks for your timely reply.

I suppose I'll just be optimistic then and open a thread. I mean, I personally try to only include author's notes that absolutely have to be there.

Again, thanks for answering my noob question. I really appreciate the staff here; you're all really prompt and helpful. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.