Click Here!

Is there a way to download stories to a e-reader

Guest FicFan

Guest FicFan

Have been reading my stories on Kindle Fire for about a year now and have wondered if there is a way to download an entire story. Since KF uses Wi-Fi I sometimes need to have to download entire stories in order to read on trips with spotty Wi-Fi access. Any suggestions?

Guest FicFan

Thanks for responding -- appreciate the help. I'll just have to read from this site when I have access to wi-fi, which isn't too hard with all the free wi-fi out there, just thought it would be nice. Thanks Again! :)

• 3 months later...

Fanfictiondownloader.net

I've been using this to download long stories in .epub format, but it also does Kindle format and others. Just a suggestion.

Oh, yikes. Just what we need... more ways for our work to be downloaded without permission. :(

Not to mention those authors who have removed their work from online, and have asked that the work not be circulated. I can't tell you how often we have to remind people in the Search Forum NOT to offer copies of stories.

I would not be flattered or happy to have my original works downloaded, I assure you. I'd be very distressed, to be honest.

Edited by BronxWench

Will vote with Bronx and WD - not at all happy. There's a difference between offering something to view for free on a site like this and taking it for yourself.

• 1 month later...

Oh, yikes. Just what we need... more ways for our work to be downloaded without permission. :(

Not to mention those authors who have removed their work from online, and have asked that the work not be circulated. I can't tell you how often we have to remind people in the Search Forum NOT to offer copies of stories.

I would not be flattered or happy to have my original works downloaded, I assure you. I'd be very distressed, to be honest.

I know this topic is dusty, but I wanted to put my 2c in. Redistribution of stories from the site would be pretty rude w/o permission, for sure, but the OP isn't talking about that. I'm here for the same thing. I was hoping for a simple solution to put a rather long story on my Kindle. It would be nice if the site had an option to download all chapters of a story to a text file. I'm assuming from what I'm reading in this thread that option doesn't exist.

It would be nice for putting on e-readers, and it would not really cause a problem with redistribution as the text is available on the site anyway.

The issue here is that for some of us, despite the disclaimers on our original works asking that they not be redistributed in any way, allowing people to download our stories to e-readers puts us at risk for seeing our work bundled and offered for sale on Kindle, or off on a pirate site. While I make no profit from any fiction I publish here, I can choose to publish my original works at some point. Imagine how it would feel to find out someone beat me to it.

Is this excessively paranoid? I've just had to file my first DMCA notice for a published work of mine that showed up on a website with whom my publisher has no relationship. That means I get no royalties from those sales, nor does my publisher, who has the exclusive ebook distribution rights for a two year period per our contract.

I know the people who are actually asking on this thread are NOT the people who have any malicious intent. Those people don't ask permission on forums, after all. I just don't see the point in offering additional temptation to those out there who missed out on lessons in ethics and morality.

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.