Click Here!

The Demon Casket Reopened: Comments, questions, and general blahs

Demon Casket

Guest LurkMoar

>PB doesn't feel like the cute, sweet, cuddly, eddible princess that I loved anymore.

Yeah. They're really going with the "mad scientist" persona it's her. And I'm guessing the Wizard City episode pissed you off the most, too.

>The fact that it's been forever that a new ep has come about surely isn't helping

Adventure Time will start airing new episodes on October 28th. I think they're holding episodes because they are trying to pair it up with the new Sonic Boom (Yes, Sonic the Hedgehog if you don't know) cartoon coming up.

>and, they've turned Finn into a total jerk!!!

Really? I think they've thrown Finn through the wringer and shit on him. I actually feel sorry for Finn for all that's happened to him recently. This is one of the things that REALLY bothers me about season 5.2 and 6 about Adventure Time. I guess I'll explain it in another post if you don't mind.

>Ugh...Iunno man. I may come back to Adventure Time with a new Marcie x Finn fic in the future, but, I really think this one has taken the full nose dive and crashed.

>Seriously, the show is pissing me off right now.

It's pissing a lot of people off. But somehow we're still watching. I guess that's the magic of Adventure Time. Heh.

And yeah I'm doing well. I got surgery on my back for scoliosis in August but I'm making a good recovery.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LurkMoar

About Finn being a jerk. Allow me to travel back in time to when Adventure Time was going to originally end: After "Mortal Recoil".

PB gets turned 13 (the same age as Finn) because of the whole Lich fiasco and they hug. Then they all live happily ever after, but then, the Adventure Time crew gets wind that they get the greenlight for another season (season 3). Princess Bubblegum somehow she can't stay 13 for some reason, therefore, in "Too Young" they break them up.

Fast forward to Incendium. Finn gets his heart broken by PB because she pushed him away when he thought she still had feelings for him in Too Young. He cries on the floor with a picture of Bubblegum and a lock of her hair because he truly does love her, but she likely grew apart from him because 18/=13 or 14 (or whatever age he was).

Insert Flame Princess. Since Bubblegum apparently doesn't like him anymore, and FP shows interest him (in a tsundere way by slapping him), he immediately grows a crush on her, leaving his romantic feelings for PB behind, but not forgotten.

So they go on dates together (since Hot to the Touch) and even go exploring together (Vault of Bones). Then Burning Low comes up.

First of all. Notice the title cards for "Incendium" and "Burning Low". Finn is crying over Bubblegum. Now Bubblegum is crying over Finn.

At the end Jake notices Princess Bubblegum's face when she sees Finn and Flame Princess happy together. He asks her with a smug look on his face if she's "Jealous?" In which she replies with a "Shut up." Now, her tone that she says it in tells us she's either A) tired of Jake bugging her about her feelings for Finn, or B) she really IS jealous (she did kiss Finn and want to stay 13 with him).

Now shit starts to hit the Fan with Finn's love life.

(Continued)

Guest LurkMoar

Fast forward to the Triple Wammy episodes (Frost & Fire, Too Old, and Earth and Water)

The ENTIRE reason that Finn and Flame Princess broke up in Frost and Fire was because Finn couldn't control his urges. The episode does NOT make it a secret that Finn's going through puberty. But the thing is, Finn doesn't know he's going through puberty, because nobody has ever told him about his natural sexual instincts, masturbating, sex, or anything sex related for that matter. This is the problem. Because Finn doesn't know, he's bound to fuck up, and this episode is where he does just that. Why hasn't Marceline (Part Human/Vampire/Demon, Bubblegum (Scientist, and Geometry teacher), or Jake (He made puppies with Lady Rainicorn) given him a talk about the Birds and the Bees from Incendium until here? Are they really that uncomfortable with talking to him about it?

In the beginning FP kicks Ice King's arse because he made fun of her, which in turn arouses Finn. In his first dream in the episode, he awakens to Flame Princess shooting fire at his crotch, and he enjoys having her do it. There is noooooo doubt that this dream was a wet dream. Then, being the curious kid he is, he sets out to make it happen again as soon as possible. This part I can see people being upset about, but what I don't get is the writers making him so OOC about it. He SHOULD know better, but he doesn't

In the second dream, it's the Ice King hitting him with snowballs instead of FP with fire. But this time sees the Cosmic Owl in the second dream also. THIS event is what causes Finn to write the two letters to have Flame Princess and Ice King go at it a third time.

So at this point (second dream), Finn is horny that FP is touching his crotch and wants to see it again, having no knowledge about how dreams work. BUT, he wants to see the Cosmic Owl again because whenever he visits something important happens when he appears. This also kinda makes Finn's dreams justifiable. When Jake had a croak dream, Finn was able to postpone his death because of his presence. By Finn's mindset at the time, the Cosmic Owl caused the first dream and was trying to warn him about something.

Finn immediately wakes up thinking something bad will happen soon (obviously he doesn't want anyone dying) and frantically tells jake. Jake THEN tells (yells at actually) Finn to finish the dream to understand what the Cosmic Owl was saying, causing him to go into a frenzy and write the two letters that ultimately caused the breakup. The letter idea was the first thing to pop into his mind the papers were near him at the time. He was on the clock to stop whatever that dream meant came true. So he absolutely HAD to get those two to brawl again, no matter how shitty the idea was. He wasn't thinking since he was rushing, and didn't have the foresight to see the consequences. And why didn't Jake tag along with Finn when he heard about the Cosmic Owl, he know that shiz is serious business, but he chooses to stay home with his scrambled eggs.

So he delivers the letters, they fight and Finn gets KO'd in the process, sending him to his final dream. In the third dream, Flane Princess completely burns his body, turning him into a hairy, manly baby repeating the word 'wah'. Flame Princess is startled by this change and walks away. The Cosmic Owl stands before him, and Finn finally makes out what he was saying: "You blew it." The same thing happens, but Finn doesn't turn into a baby and Ice King says the line.

So in reality. The Cosmic Owl wasn't trying to warn him about a person dying, but the death of his and Flame Princess' relationship. Nice swerve, but kind of a dick move to Finn, isn't it? Why not be less subtle about it? You CLEARLY showed Jake dying but give Finn cryptic shit? Why? You've probably seen the kid lie on the floor mentally cracking and pondering suicide, and don't decide to help him when he finds a girl that really loves him back (if PB really didn't which is unlikely), and laughs in his dreams about it? Excuse me, but you're kind of an asshole. Cranked up to 210%.

FP ignores Finn's apology JUST as he was gonna tell her about the Cosmic Owl and walks away. Now at this time a LOT in the fandom wants Finn's head on a silver platter because he messed up. He fucks up once and the relationship is done and over with, but FP almost burns down the Goblin Kingdom with all the inhabitants inside of it (we're just gonna sweep that under the rug though) and she gets a slap on the wrist and doesn't get a beat down from Finn? Are you shitting me? And why hasn't Finn gotten a dream like this in the years he was crushing on Bubblegum if she supposedly doesn't like him? Why is Finn labeled a neckbeard manbaby because made ONE MISTAKE and he's going through puberty? Should I have my dick cut off because I fap to videos on Redtube? What if Flame Princess was going through this instead of Finn? (he'd probably forgive her anyways since he's so lovestruck to the girls he finds attractive.)

I feel like the little people episode was set up just so they could wreck Finn's character and have NO redeeming qualities about what he did in this one. I'm dot defending Finn 100% for his actions. He knows not to be a dick to people, but if you're saying he should be perfect and not follow the bad parts of his sexual urges that he DOES NOT know about which controlled his actions here (he's not doing it because "lol I wanna see people get hurt". He's doing it because apparently It turns him on), then you're doing something wrong.

(Continued)

• 2 weeks later...

Ack. Sorry man, I got so heated up with my rant that I just had to get away from this thread for a while. The writers could've made so many good stories and arcs, but instead we get what we have now.

I was listening to some songs the other day and you could really translate them to what Finn's going through now. Which makes me like them even more.

Again. I hope you're doing well. Life comes first, writing next.

• 2 weeks later...

My gosh. Sorry to leave you hanging for a month. Involvement in Equestria Girls fanfic is hot for me right now. Distracted from many a site that I've posted on.

Yeah, you're pretty much spot on when it comes to what's going on with Adventure Time. And, yeah, they really did toss our beloved hero, Finn, into the shitter. What I meant was, they turned him into an inconsiderate asshole to other people and unhinged him from his moral compass or any sense of noble disciplines he might have held onto. They made him nearly unlikeable as a character.

As to his interactions with his ladies of choice...[shakes head], it seems all is lost for our loverboy. I'd rather see him end up with a background character right now than any of the main ladies. Ugh...

I really wish there was something within the show to help rekindle my passion for the characters. Here's hoping.

Again, sorry for the really, really big delay in response.

And, sure, life comes first, but, sometimes, to write is to live, heheh.

Best wishes for your recovery, buddy. A outrance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LurkMoar

Geez, look at me not replying in over 10 days. Sorry for that.

Anyways. No problem, man. I wish you had a Skype or something so there wouldn't be such a long silence.

Also, Adventure time is gonna have 4 episodes this week and the backstory episode of Ice King's crown was somehow leaked if you haven't been keeping up with the show.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29vffb_evergreen_shortfilms#from=embediframe

I'm kinda a little hoping for Fubblegum to happen because of their chemistry in the first two 2-3 seasons. It's probably a dead ship but if he'd end up with any of the main 3, I'd want it to be her.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry too. It's become too much of a habit, hasn't it? LOL.

I've heard of the new releases. Haven't seen em yet though, but, I intend to. I don't think it'll be enough to restoke the flames, after seeing their synopses, but, I do hope it'll at least be a little fun, catching up and all.

Aye, I too still carry a spark for them two. Still long a bit for Finn to get his just desserts with her, hehe, but, as far as actually writing it goes, that engine just won't turn. Yeah, even though it might be just fun for Finn to end up with Marcie or something, Prubbles is his gal, no substitutes.

Wells, as far as I can see, for the near future, I have interests in the fields of Korra, Steven Universe, and my ever elusive unicorn Kim Possible. I may persue, when I'm done with MLP, but, who knows. Heats change at will.

Great catchin up, buddy. Hope to see ya around, and, feel free to drop me a line on my updated email on Google. Can't promise a reply though. I get messaged from various objects way too often, lol.

Catcha on the fly.

• 1 month later...
Guest Captain Rayzak

Hey! been a longer time for even me, lol. Just read everything from you to and all I could do as laugh cause you two pretty much hit the nail on the head for me too. Did you ever find a job/better job by the way?

• 2 months later...

Damn. So sorry. I haven't visited the forums here in ages.

Nope, still no job. I've been spending most of my attention on the regular fanfiction.net site. I like their tracking tools and have been posting my recent works there. Thus far, it's all been MLP stuff though, if you're into it as much as I am.

Hope you catch this reply. Jeez...almost 3 months.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fox The Muffin

Hi,I read this whole thread, I got here from the Gumball fic (Of Cumming Age) and since nothing has happened for the past month for you I just decided to message you to see what's up! :D

What kind of fics are you doing now? See, there's this really popular game and - y'know what, you probs know what it is.

Feels weird treating you like my mate despite this being the first time ever speaking to you, but I guess that's forums for me. Cool! - Fox

• 1 year later...

Sorry, Fox. I haven't been here in ages.

Hope this gets through to you, but, if not, it's all good. I'm currently in fossil status here, until I actually pour some fresh blood into this body.

I just froze an FOP fic that I'll probably get back to some time in the future. Right now, I'm trying to revive "The Itch".

Heh, the timeliness of this message has unfortunately lost its meaning. What game were you referring to?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.