Click Here!

Alter Ego Or Better Yet, The Two Sides Of The Moon

Blue-eyed Fox

I just had a thought that came up to me while browsing the whole forum and the stories here in AFF... Have any of you gave it a thought before when you first began to write and read slash (yaoi/yuri) and it just so happens that everyone else never knew you had it in you...

Take me for example... my family doesn't have the slightest idea that I'm so in to yaoi that I'm even writing stories for fun and reading for pure blissful enjoyment...and I drool over it... :lol:

And here's the more weird thing about it, I finished a course on Early Childhood Development and Education (basically, I'm going to be a teacher for young kiddies...now get your minds off the gutter coz I'm not in the path of corrupting the innocence of kids!!!! That's just basically way off my morals!)

So, what about you guys? Care to share? :):wub:

my parents don't even know what fanfiction is, so I thought that I was safe. I mean, until my mom got her new job, she didn't know how to use a computer and since my parents are republican conservatives, there's no way I want them reading my yaoi fics. However, around x-mas, while I was at work, my mom 'broke into' my computer and read some of my fics. Naturally, shit went down and I kind of wish I had that privacy back. All my friends know that I write fanfiction and that is yaoi and explicit, but they don't know the extent, nor do they read my stuff. My cousin, on the other hand, not only reads and understands my works, he contributes to a lot of the plots and sex scenes. It's nice having a true pervert to bounce ideas off of.

When I was younger, I used to read fanfiction in the living room, since that's where the computer was. I became a MASTER of alt-tab. XD Well eventually my father found out. He didn't care though, he actually wrote some himself (Original smut)... Though... He wrote it on paper... And had me transcribe it onto the computer, which was incredibly awkward. Ya'know, I'm sure it could still be found on this site... o_o Even though it's been years.

My mother on the other hand.... If she were to get on my computer somehow, all hell would break lose. =_= She would disown me, start telling the family I'm some sick perv, so on. Oh well, it'll never happen.

My parents know that I write fanfiction and that I am on an adult site for fanfiction. They think it is for adults to be able to post stories without the worry of kids coming onto the site, they don't know that it is for slash/het/smut stories.

They don't even know that I write smut to say the least!

And my mom could always type in adult-fanfiction.org into her computer and see what this site is about and find out that it is for R and NC18 stories to be located at. But I doubt that she'll mind personally as I am over the age of 18 and I do have desires that I put on paper instead of seeking them out in RL.

My dad doesn't even know how to type a URL into the browser window. He has a hard time dealing with his hotmail account!

Beth

Hoo-boy, if my parents find out I write smut my house would become a war zone. Well I think my dad wouldn't mind but my mom comes from one of those religious families and even though she's toned down a bit we probably still have problems. That's why I always have a password on all my documents, my folders and of course my computer.

Though surprisingly my friends weren't shocked when I told them. Now they're my most frequent reviewers.

Ah geeze, I think I began writing (on pen and paper) stories when I was around 8 yrs old? Never where they cute stories either, always stories about serial killers and the gruesome ways they murdered their victims. Of course my parents thought I was schizoid, and I talked to a bunch of school phsychologist most of my school years...

Phsychiatrist: "Now WHY do you like writing about the hitman torturing Suzie Creamcheeze?"

Me: "Um, because I do?"

By age 16 they (the system, parents, etc) had me on enough phych drugs to tranq an elephant but still it didn't kill my creativity and I was prolific writing tons of 100 page novels that I kept hidden.

It wasn't until I was like around 19/20 that I found and discovered BDSM (gotta remember this was not now, no computers then, couldn't find like souls). So most classmates I showed my stories too were either horrified, thought I was one sick puppy or just mumbled a polite "Well you write really good, bet you'll be the next Stephen King."

I soon learned to SAY What the system wanted me to say. Be a sheep, be a Borg...(Me write evil, smutty stories??? No way! Never!) and then they finally stopped all the heavy duty psych drugs and counselling.

From then on whatever I wrote i kept secret (but I was a voracious reader too, of horror, thriller and crime novels). Learned to be real trusting of who I shared my stories with, until I met a wonderful soulmate who actually admired my creativity. He might not get INTO all the same stuff I do, but he is my bumber one fan.

Once I actually got two stories published with real publishers, the nay-sayers shut the hell up. (Of course by now, the world had read authors like Stephen King, Dean Koonts, and hundreds of other famous authors who wrote dark, evil things as well.)

When I meet people I really don't tell them I write erotica, some of the people I have published stuff for would have no idea of the stuff I have published under a pseudo-name.

Now-a-days of course it is perfectly fine to be eccentric, creative, angsty, chaotic and dark. In fact if your not people look at you with suspicion!

My brother knows all of what I write, and he always has. But then I grew up knowing from age 5 he was gay and I always protected and loved my little brother, still do. He always would come to me first with a problem over anyone else.

My Dad never accepted him and my dad died "young" at age 49 of osteosarcoma. He was diagnosed and less than 6 months later he was dead.

Without going into details I basically disowned my Mother (choosing not to see her or have her in my life) for nearly 15 years. Only now am I slowly reaching out in letters trying to bridge the gap, but even then there is only so much I would tell her. She's not to be trusted.

Anyways, that is my humble opnion and story.

When I was younger, I used to read fanfiction in the living room, since that's where the computer was. I became a MASTER of alt-tab. XD Well eventually my father found out. He didn't care though, he actually wrote some himself (Original smut)... Though... He wrote it on paper... And had me transcribe it onto the computer, which was incredibly awkward. Ya'know, I'm sure it could still be found on this site... o_o Even though it's been years.

My mother on the other hand.... If she were to get on my computer somehow, all hell would break lose. =_= She would disown me, start telling the family I'm some sick perv, so on. Oh well, it'll never happen.

I could relate to that... Since the computer is part of the living room and my mom had the tendency of getting things in and out of my brother's room which she converted into a stockroom. Basically, the computer is faced away from the room so whenever she would stroll by, I quickly change windows. Hahaha!

Right now, I'm practically safe since no on touches my laptop where I keep all my smut and smutty works... If my mom found out, she would rant and nag me non-stop...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.