Click Here!

Story showing coding (I think)

sabbs

Hi,

First off thanks for hosting my stories, I know its a labour to keep all things running here so thanks a bunch. :)

Now a minor problem I believe.

Several of my stories like this one

http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600091359

are showing coding, (i think) its a black diamond with a question mark in the middle of it.

The formatting still is intact and the spaceing between the lines looks ok as well. The coding seems to appear in what seems spaces or (') perhaps something doesn't understand them.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Again many thanks for all your support and help.

Sincerely Mark W

Thanks for the help...I appreciate it.

I tried to edit one of the stories and ran into a horrible mess. Its sort of fixed now...but not exactly the way i want but its readable.

As I clicked the edit button it blew away any formatting it had and lumped the whole thing into one big lump. Sigh.

Thankfully the story I picked has a short first chapter. I managed to go back and get the story back and separated into paragraphs again.

Only to find that it doesn't like a double carrage return and now the whole thing is double spaced. Sigh again.

It is readable now with the quotes now showing as quotes and spacing dots as dots.

Thanks for the help, not sure what is the best way to upload a story now...since the editor on the page seems to mess with things so much.

So any advice would help

Thanks again

Sincerely Sabbs

If you're adding straight text as an upload WITHOUT html format tags, you will have wallotext issues. It's easy enough to c/p in to the text box and then use the rte to add formatting such as bold, center, italic and the like.

If you use Word or Open/Libre Office, click "paste from word" and copy/paste the text from your document in to the box. The formatting is retained.

I'd highly recommend the copy/paste from Word or Open Office/Libre Office myself. I've been using that method with great success, and without any wall-o-text issues. I've never had an issue with formatting (other than centering for some odd reason) being lost, and editing after publishing is equally simple.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.