Click Here!

Any Type-moon Fans?

haruha_raharu

Type-Moon, for those who don't know, is a visual novel studio, most famous for its debut amateur work Tsukihime in 2001. It was adapted to a 12 episode anime in 2003. More recently, their second visual novel, Fate/stay night, was also adapted to an anime, a 24 episode one.

Both Tsukihime and FSN were text-heavy H-games, with 5 and 3 routes, respectively. Tsukihime is a semi-horror fantasy about vampires in a modern Japanese city. FSN also takes place in a similar setting, but is more action fantasy oriented. It's about a "war" between mages and their "servants," who are familiars, heroic spirits from another era.

I only know of two Type-Moon stories on this site. One is a FSN story, while the other is Garden of Thanatos, a Tsukihime story by me.

So, any other TM fans out there?

Well, I've enjoyed [in chronolgical order] the Tsukihime anime, F/SN anime, and Tsukihime game (w/translation patch), but I'm afraid I'm not that big of a fan... I've played a bit of Kagetsu Tohya (translation) but I cannot immediately understand it. Must be missing something that comes before it.

I like Hisui (game version), though.

Kagetsu Tohya is more of a fun disc than a direct sequel. The events of the main story are just fun whatifs that the writer thought would be cool to throw the characters into. If you enjoy adult fiction, though, the Flower of Tganatos sidestory from Kagetsu Tohya and the Ren H-scenes are worth checking out.

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.