Click Here!

New to being a beta, but I'd like to try it!

Lore

Hi, everyone! I'm Lore and pretty new to AFF - not to writing, though. c: I've been roleplaying ( in paragraph style! ) and writing for about four years now. I think learning how to work with someone while they were writing has really wanted to get me started on betaing.

I haven't seriously reviewed anything here at AFF yet, or anywhere, for that matter. Currently, though, I'm working on an original piece in slash at the moment. I have to admit it's certainly not my best work since I've been nervous writing for an audience, but it's a decent enough sample of what I'm capable of producing on my own. I apologize in advance, though, I'm sure this is going to come off as some crazy RPing ad, but I'm trying! xD I realize I won't be co-writing, just helping out, but some of what I'm going to say will probably make it sound like I don't know that.

To make things clear, I am available for both original works and fanfictions. When I make my lists for the series I can beta for, I will list to the side the characters that I understand well and can keep in character if you need help with that.

n__n So then! Let's make some pretty lists to make this nice and neat.

Pros about Lore:

-Available often

-Will gladly offer advice when questioned about specific details

-Fine with darker themes such as S&M, NC, torture and many fetishes

-Is skilled with character depth

-Quick reader

-Pretty damn good at being a spellchecker

-Specializes in characters with major phobias/social handicaps and keeping them that way ( or fixing them without it being too sudden )

-Is VERY picky about characters actually being IN CHARACTER! <- WARNING: Lore will nag at you endlessly for this if your characters from animes/games are OOC

-Doesn't care if you have some era/religion/whatever details incorrect unless you WANT them to be correct

-Incest is fine! As they say, 'Incest is best, put your family to the test!'

-Blood doesn't scare this beta off!

Cons about Lore:

-Only works with gay/slash/yaoi/shota writings ( het and yuri can be splashed in as well, but I won't do purely het or yuri stories. )

-Semi-prone to nagging when a plot bunny is found

-Gets bored easily with clear cut seme/uke stereotypes

-Has strange grammar in a way but won't try to fix yours to match

-Sometimes offers too much help <- WARNING: Throwing an underdeveloped character at Lore will usually result in Lore making multiple loose histories for them

-Absolutely HATES random Japanese stuck into sentences when the rest of the fic is totally English <- WARNING: You will be bitched at for this unless it's just sound effect words

-Tires quickly with 'OHNOES! I'M BEING RAEPD! .. BUT I LIEKZ IT!' stories

-Will not read stories with full anthros/furries

Series that Lore can Beta Fanfics for:

Yu Yu Hakusho <- Specializing in Karasu, Kurama and more obscure characters

Eyeshield 21 <- Currently specializing in Hiruma since I haven't finished watching it

.hack <- Characters from SIGN to Twilight to ROOTS to GU are all good - Obscure characters are what I'm best at, but I can handle the mains

Loveless <- I'll rewatch it to beta and fics for it. Haven't read the manga, though

Hunter x Hunter <- Haven't finished, but if someone has a fic for it, I'll go through it again

Tales of Symphonia/Legendia/the Abyss <- Regal, Zelos, Mithos, Yggdrasill, Jay, Moses, Jade, Dist, Peony and Guy are characters I deal well with. Phantasia's a no go for me, though. Never really got into the characters

Kyou Kara Maou <- Haven't finished but will to beta Gunter is a topic of interest

Saiyuki <- I've finished all but the last arc ( OVAs included ) but if there's details you really need, I'll finish that, too. I can really only handle the main four for this, the rest of the cast is sorta lost on me

( As a note: Holy christ! I'm used to BBCode sizes being things like 6~12, so I tried to use my normal size 9 font and I suddenly had a page full of GINORMUS letters screaming at me! )

Edited by Lore

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.