Click Here!

Don't We All?!

DarkCabaret

Lmao....hehehehehe....awesome comic! I love how it soooooo resembles any author that has writers block. I HATE when that happens because then you try to mash ideas outta your head. tongue.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Lol... That's the truth for anyone... all artists of all forms...

I personally hate the sneaky moving blocks that pop out of NO WHERE!

You know what I'm talking about...

You'll be in the zone and your fingers are moving with godly speed and you're practically screaming "YES! YES! Oh GOD YES!!!! THIS IS IT!!!" and than BAM! "... I lost it.... $%#&@#$%*!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

At least that's how I get...

That's great! Yeah, and that's how it feels too. I always feel that about depression, too. "Who ordered this stupid depression? NOT ME!"

Also, the fact that you are imagining it as a literal block might help take the piss out of it. HAH! You're just a stupid block. I could put you out on the street and let cars run over you!

What is this 'writers block' that you speak of? Oddly, I've never had it. I think I have more of a Writer's Conveyor Belt. I can't stop writing! This is a blessing for when i have the time for it. For example, I was supposed to go to bed two hours ago, but because I got two new story ideas in my head I didn't go to sleep and whenever I write, I get this bizarre adreneline rush and I can't sleep. Though, my friend and I did come up with a ritual for those that do have writer's block: write or draw writers block on a piece of paper and tear it up or burn it. Apparently this works for her. =)

Y'know, I actually like the sound of that idea - I think I'll try it next time.

But yeah, I hear ya about the conveyor belt - only what happens to me is I'll only get so far in a fic I have an idea for and then get hit with another idea that takes over only to get to a certain point there and have the whole cycle begin again - it's irritating, really, just to have so many (I think) good ideas and hardly be able to finish most of them

Yeah, it's a real bugger...except mine is a block with arms, legs and a mouth. Just when I feel like writing, or when I'm in the process of writing, it slaps me in the back of the head and goes, "Hey! How about turning some attention from that story and pay attention to me?!?"

No matter what I do, inspiration comes at the worst time. I bring a notebook to work (I work overnights), but whenever I have the chance to write, nothing fruitful ever comes, and I get the best inspirations when it's so busy I don't have time to write it down.

I feel like I let my frequent readers down when I'm not able to post chapters up quickly. I love to write, I honestly do, but Writer's Block is really frustrating.

I envy you, shinigamiinochi and you too Terri! I hardly ever get the constant flow... At least recently any how...

But you know what? I'm gonna try and draw that stupid block on paper and burn it up...

Most likely I'll end up laughing at its ashes uncontrollably... with it's ghost haunting me... ~sighs~

Yeah... I'd say I'm just a bit nuts...

• 2 weeks later...

While on newgrounds.com I checked out any updates in the foamy series and found this little beauty...

check it out!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/346457

I hate writer's block.

I had it on one of my HP stories and it took me over 4 years to finish it off because of the damn writer's block keeping it from being finished.

Beth

Writer's block is possibly one of the most frustrating and depressing things ever. I'll be going along just fine, churning out chapter after chapter, hardly able to keep up with myself when suddenly.... BAM. I can't hear my characters talking any more. No one's saying anything, and there's utter silence in my head, desolate and lonely, which makes me sound ever so slightly schizo, lol, but I depend on being able to visualize and live a scene. Without my characters, my writing is nothing. With that said, I've found that the only way to break through my writer's block is to just let everything sit (allllllllways sad, because I'm rarely patient enough for that) till it gets all straightened out.

Y'know, I actually like the sound of that idea - I think I'll try it next time.

But yeah, I hear ya about the conveyor belt - only what happens to me is I'll only get so far in a fic I have an idea for and then get hit with another idea that takes over only to get to a certain point there and have the whole cycle begin again - it's irritating, really, just to have so many (I think) good ideas and hardly be able to finish most of them

::nods:: ;) Same here... my problem is having to go through all of it and pick which one to put in the story... so that's what keeps me from writing cause I have to sit there and nitpick which would fit better and make the story flow. I also have a problem by actually taking the time and type it all out... I'm such a perfectionist that I will sit there and think how I should go about it, even though I know exactly what to write, I still sit there and think and visualize how the story will go before I write it all out. ugh... >.<; I hope I didn't jinx myself into a writers block! ;>_>

::nods:: ^_^ Same here... my problem is having to go through all of it and pick which one to put in the story... so that's what keeps me from writing cause I have to sit there and nitpick which would fit better and make the story flow. I also have a problem by actually taking the time and type it all out... I'm such a perfectionist that I will sit there and think how I should go about it, even though I know exactly what to write, I still sit there and think and visualize how the story will go before I write it all out. ugh... >.<; I hope I didn't jinx myself into a writers block! ;>_>

Oh yeah, same here - I can literally spend a whole day on just one paragraph - I hate it. Yes, I want it to be just right, I just hate obsessing about it and yet that seems to be all I can do. Plus working on 10 stories (minimum) at a time doesn't exactly help matters >.>

Oh yeah, same here - I can literally spend a whole day on just one paragraph - I hate it. Yes, I want it to be just right, I just hate obsessing about it and yet that seems to be all I can do. Plus working on 10 stories (minimum) at a time doesn't exactly help matters >.>
Oi... yeah, of course working on 10 other stories won't help! XD; Though... I don't obsess on a paragraph... soo... yeah... >.>; you have it harder than me. ^^;

I don't have writes block, I have crap blocks instead. I have no job so I stay home all day since I live practically out in nowhere so I have A LOT of thinking time. WAY too much thinking time. So when I write something else for another story I don't feel like writing on or is finished comes popping in. And when I try to re-focus my limited attention to what I am doing, something else takes it's place and so on. Bloody annoying!

Edit: I hate TypO's...

Edited by The_Pastmaster

One of my biggest problems is that when I think of stories, I usually think of the beginning and ending first. The middle is always the hardest for me to churn out. And then there are parts where I'm at one point in the story, and it's sooooo boring to write, even though it needs to be done. Afterward, there's usually this really exciting part I can't wait to write, but I need to dredge myself through the boring part first. Sometimes those "boring" parts overwhelm me so much that I just get stuck. It sucks.

One of my biggest problems is that when I think of stories, I usually think of the beginning and ending first. The middle is always the hardest for me to churn out. And then there are parts where I'm at one point in the story, and it's sooooo boring to write, even though it needs to be done. Afterward, there's usually this really exciting part I can't wait to write, but I need to dredge myself through the boring part first. Sometimes those "boring" parts overwhelm me so much that I just get stuck. It sucks.
LOL ;) yeah I know the feeling. I'm like that with my story! I know how the beginning and end will go but the middle I'm still thinking about and going through it and try to fit it all together so that it works, it gets annoying and tedious doesn't it? >.<; Pain in the ass! I'm in this process right now! DX;