Click Here!

Re-register?

softwelshrain

I'd like to think that I'm not stupid, but I may have missed something here in the shake up of the site.

I was included on the old BETA list and received the news via the Yahoo Group which has now been disbanded. I'm fairly new at being a BETA, but I do have one AFF story that I am currently BETAing and enjoying every minute.

Do I have to re-register, or was the old list incorporated somewhere??

Sorry if I'm repeating something I should have read.

This is a replacement for the Yahoo Beta group. To my knowledge, no one has any lists of who was in that group (I was as well), or any beta readers who were on any lists that were created in that group. The moderator of this set of forums has rules put up which would be advisable to read. You can find them here. Then, you would post the information requested, and that would be considered your registration as a beta reader.

The forum itself does not automatically email a user when topics are added and/or updated. You have to choose that as an option, by subscribing to a forum or topic. To do this, click the link at the top of the topic you're viewing, or click the link at the bottom of the posting forum. If you subscribe to a topic, you will be emailed notification when it's been replied to. If you subscribe to a forum, you will be emailed notification when a new topic is started, or a topic is replied to.

On the flip side of that, if you wish to unsubscribe to a topic or forum, you go into "My Controls", go to the subscription block and then view topics or subscriptions. You can then select which ones to remove from your subscription list.

Thanks for getting back to me - and I confirm that I did read these rules. None of them seem to apply for the situation that I'm in, so I guess it's a toss up between the one-time (although I'm already beta'ing a story and therefore not applying for a new one) and not wanting to become a regular.

I'll re-read and then decide

Thanks again for the swift reply

Post a regular resume and state that you do not wish to become a regular beta but are in the middle of working on a story.

The whole point is that I need to know your qualifications. That way, if you take on work here in the future, I'll have your credentials on hand. So will the person for whom you're doing the beta work and anyone else who may wish to contact you for beta work.

If you don't want me to contact you for hooking up authors, you simply need to say so.

As a beta, you don't need to fall into a specific category. The categories were placed there because those are the general categories that came to mind and being able to sort the betas into groups for future reference would make my job easier.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.