Click Here!

Profile/rec reading problems

Guest starlight-x-A-x

Guest starlight-x-A-x

I cant access my profile or any of my reccommed reading links. It just says 'this user does not exist' despite me being logged in and it saying 'welcome back starlight-x-a-x' at the top. Is this a problem a lot of people are having or something?? Please tell me this can be fixed because during your recent upgrade where the layout etc changed I updated all of my fic bookmarks into the recommended reading so I dont want to have lost them all when I have no backups.

EDIT, Actually I've just gone into the control panel, 'add to rec reading' and there are only 3 fics there which I have never heard of or added myself and all of my others are gone. It also tells me to 'create' a profile, which idicates my previous details have disappeared. I'm really annoyed if my previous profile and lists have been deleted/lost with no way to retrieve them, especially after I spent ages amending everything to suit your new code!

First of all, without being able to look you up (I tried, but what you used for forum is pulling no matches), I can't point you to your own old and new profiles.

The old format has been left up for users to retrieve their data To get to it, you have to have a link structured like so: anime . adultfanfiction . net /authors . php ? User ID number. Remove the spaces and add your UID to the end and you have your old profile. Here is mine as an example. DG - Old profile. You could easily click that link and simply copy/paste your user id number where mine is, and that gives you that profile.

To get to your new profile, you know to click "My Profile". If there's nothing there, or not much there, it's because you've not added it or modified it. Keep your old profile open in a separate tab, so you can get the data FROM it to transfer to the new one, including populating your recommended reading list.

Guest starlight-x-A-x

I think my actual log in username is starsinthesky and starlight-x-A-x is what shows everywhere. I'm sorry if I'm being an idiot but I cant find my UID so I dont know what it is. I've just tried to find old reviews I left in order to hopefully link me to my profile again but I cant find any on fics I'm pretty sure I reviewed, does that mean I've been deleted or something?

Also, I did get all the old code and update it to the new version when I first got the email about having to validate my account due to the changes etc a few months ago, I amended everything then. I've been logged in pretty much continuously but the last time I actually viewed my profile & recs would have been a couple of weeks ago, so I've just noticed this now.

Guest starlight-x-A-x

Right, thought that was probably why. So, stupid question because I'm sure I know the answer. Anyway to retrieve any of my old details?

Guest starlight-x-A-x

I'm not having a go or anything and I apologise if any of my posts come across as such because like everyone I do know the rules and understand everything that follows as a result of breaking them when I first signed up etc (obviously I'm just annoyed at myself for losing all of my links) but seen as my 18th birthday passed 2 years ago is it necessary to delete the account (and any under similar circumstances) once the date has passed?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.